Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Room rate for the Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Freezer

Hi Guys,

did PUI already anounced the room rate for the Hilton San Diego Bayfront (where worlds are held this year)?

Hi Guys,

did PUI already anounced the room rate for the Hilton San Diego Bayfront (where worlds are held this year)?

They have NOT released a group rate this year. I think the last I checked the rooms were in the 300-400 range per night, which is really expensive. I am hoping to see the rate released and it be about 200-275 per night, but I am not sure as nothing has been said yet.

Drew

We gave up and booked a Hotel on Expedia that is a mile away from the Hilton and is only $700 a week instead of $1800 for the Hilton. Hopefully this economizing will allow us to go to Nationals for the 1st time ever. We will have to wait and see.

a mile in which direction? the hilton is close to the edge of the redevelopment area of downtown, as well as an industrial area...

'mom

We gave up and booked a Hotel on Expedia that is a mile away from the Hilton and is only $700 a week instead of $1800 for the Hilton. Hopefully this economizing will allow us to go to Nationals for the 1st time ever. We will have to wait and see.

Nationals? St. Louis. We're talking Worlds here!!!

I booked room a room for "Worlds" at the Hilton today. I just asked for the convention discount for the event and it was no problem. I believe I received around a $30.00 discount per night for Thurs. thru Sunday. I did the same thing last year for Orlando. No problems at all.

I booked room a room for "Worlds" at the Hilton today. I just asked for the convention discount for the event and it was no problem. I believe I received around a $30.00 discount per night for Thurs. thru Sunday. I did the same thing last year for Orlando. No problems at all.

Just so you know worlds is taking place thurs-sat (thurs grinder fri-sat worlds).

a mile in which direction? the hilton is close to the edge of the redevelopment area of downtown, as well as an industrial area...

'mom

My wife says its 3/4 a Mile NE of the convention center it is called Americas Best Value Inn and is right off of Interstate 5. Its not the most fancy place in the world, but money we saved staying there was almost enough to pay for our trip to St Loius for Nationals. So Yes you can stay at the Hilton, or for the same money go to Nationals and Worlds if you find more affordable Lodging. We saved $1,100.00 our San Diego Hotel and our entire trip (Airfare and Hotel) for Nationals is costing us $1,300.

I am very happy that we are doing Worlds and Nationals for only $200.00 more then Worlds at the Hiton would cost us. (To be fair we are staying a week in San Diego and only 3 days in St Loius)

Really? Apparently there is no such rate when I phoned.

I think you are correct, my wife tried many times the past few months and each time she was told by the Hilton that there was not a Pokemon rate. Now that does not mean there absolutly wont be one latter but as of now there is no special rate available to the general Pokemon community.

I called directly to the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego. I told the reservation agent I was coming for the Pokemon World Championships and there was no problem getting the discounted rate. I was even able to adjust my reservation to include Wednesday.

I called directly to the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego. I told the reservation agent I was coming for the Pokemon World Championships and there was no problem getting the discounted rate. I was even able to adjust my reservation to include Wednesday.

I find that hard to believe. I also believe the discount would be more than 30 per night. It doesn't really make a big difference IMO from 350 to 320 a night. I mean 30 a night is great, but I don't think it is anything to celebrate about. I was expecting a nicer discount. At that price it would make the price for the hotel equal to Hawaii which is just ridiculous.

Drew

I find that hard to believe. I also believe the discount would be more than 30 per night. It doesn't really make a big difference IMO from 350 to 320 a night. I mean 30 a night is great, but I don't think it is anything to celebrate about. I was expecting a nicer discount. At that price it would make the price for the hotel equal to Hawaii which is just ridiculous.

Drew

Excuse me? Do you think I am lying? You don't even know me. I'm not some punk kid trying to get attention here. I happen to be a 45 year old parent who is in this game mainly for his kids and the enjoyment of being involved in something that is important to them. It's very rude and immature of you to accuse me on a public forum. As far as the amount of the discount I received, it was an estimation. Accept what I am saying or don't, but don't call me out. Grow up!

Excuse me? Do you think I am lying? You don't even know me. I'm not some punk kid trying to get attention here. I happen to be a 45 year old parent who is in this game mainly for his kids and the enjoyment of being involved in something that is important to them. It's very rude and immature of you to accuse me on a public forum. As far as the amount of the discount I received, it was an estimation. Accept what I am saying or don't, but don't call me out. Grow up!

I didn't say that you were lying, but way to read into things that aren't there. :nonono:

First off, I never said you were a "punk kid", your putting words in my mouth. Second, I agree I don't know you and you don't know me. I find it funny that your blowing something out of proportion yet your calling me rude and immature when I only stated an opinion that was far from accusing you of anything and you are kind of being a hypocrite by doing exactly what you said you said to not call me out, but you just did the same to me. I am an adult, who has been a moderator of this forum and continually tries to improve the Pokemon Community as I have been a part of it for 10 years.

As far as the room rates, I know for a FACT that they haven't been released yet, however that doesn't say that you didn't get a discount, I just don't think it was the one is going to be put aside for Players because that rate has yet to be released. So all I was saying was in previous years the discount has been more than 30$ even when the hotels were cheaper, so while you may have gotten a discount and I never said you didn't, I just don't feel that it is the discount that is going to be released by POP/PUI for the hotel.

Drew

This is not the proper forum for this discussion. I have sent you a PM with my response and a copy of my room reservation that clearly states the Pokemon Discount.

This is not the proper forum for this discussion. I have sent you a PM with my response and a copy of my room reservation that clearly states the Pokemon Discount.

Well you must now someone I guess. My wife works in the travell industry, and she has been told non stop by the Hilton that as of now there is no Pokemon Rate available.

Wow, I had no idea I was going to be creating so much discussion. Maybe I have gotten something I should not have. Have you all tried calling the hotel directly.
Here is a copy of my conformation, clearly stating "Pokemon 2009" room rate.
Hope it helps.

Confirmation Number:
*xxxxxxxxxx (I have removed this)
>* Click here *to view or edit your reservation.
Name:
Troy xxxxxx
Arrival Date:
12 Aug 2009
Departure Date:
17 Aug 2009
Check-in Time:
3:00 PM
Check-out Time:
12:00 PM

Rate Information:
Rate*Type:
***** POKEMON 2009
Rate*per*night:
**239.00* USD
Total for Stay per Room:
Rate
**1,195.00*USD*
Taxes
**150.13*USD*
Total
**1,345.13*USD*
Total for Stay:
**1,345.13*USD*
Includes estimated taxes and service charges. (Gratuities not included.)

Tax & Service Charges:
There is a 10.50%*Per Room*Per*Night*tax and a 2.00%*Per Room*Per*Night*secondary*tax and a 0.15*Per Room*Per*Night*tertiary*tax.

Additional Charges:
Valet parking: 32.00/night*** Self parking: 21.00/night***

Well you must now someone I guess. My wife works in the travell industry, and she has been told non stop by the Hilton that as of now there is no Pokemon Rate available.
We were able to call the Hotel directly and get the Pokemon rate also. It is much lower than the $350 rate that Drew keeps mentioning. I don't have the exact rate but it should be close to the AAA rate of $237. I'm still kicking myself because I could have booked it at $150 per night last summer.

Hilton

Hi All!

The best rate I could squeeze out of the Hilton was $240/night, for three people, which was (at the time) an internet pay-it-all-up-front rate. When I inquired about a discounted room rate for the Pokemon World Championships, I was told there wasn't one. I haven't tried calling recently. I'm glad there is one.

The place I wound up booking isn't high-end (by any means), but it does save my family around $1,100. It's a little over a mile away, and yes, the entire area is industrial and not at all attractive. But I look at it this way: it was a place to sleep, cheap. Even the Hilton is located in an industrial, unattractive area (go to Google Maps and use the satellite function and see the area). Best part is that Costco is less than 2 miles away. ^_^

Back