Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ruling on Pidgeot - Headwind

SidewaysDaze

Pidgeot's attack Headwind states:

During your opponent's next turn, the attack cost of each of the defending pokemon's attacks is :colorless::colorless: more.

Does that mean 1) only the currently defending (active) pokemon recieved the effect?
or 2) if he does retreat to another pokemon, would the new defending pokemon have the effect?

Can pidgeot cause ALL OPPONENTS POKEMON to have an additional :colorless::colorless: attack cost on the next turn?

Thanks!

I'm no Judge, so don't take my word as anything authoritative...

...but to my recollection, I believe that wording is to accommodate 2 vs 2 matches. If your opponent retreated, then the new defending Pokemon would not be affected by Headwind's attack.

Otherwise it would have said something to the effect of "all of your opponent's".

SidewaysDaze said:
During your opponent's next turn, the attack cost of each of the defending pokemon's attacks is :colorless::colorless: more.

I don't think that this wording was made to accomodate 2 vs. 2 matches, as the failed 2 vs. 2 TCG experiment was ended a couple years ago.

The text was meant to be interpreted as "each attack of the defending Pokemon is :colorless::colorless: more," not "each attack that any defending Pokemon uses is :colorless::colorless: more."

I don't think that this wording was made to accomodate 2 vs. 2 matches, as the failed 2 vs. 2 TCG experiment was ended a couple years ago.

The text was meant to be interpreted as "each attack of the defending Pokemon is :colorless::colorless: more," not "each attack that any defending Pokemon uses is :colorless::colorless: more."

Ah, alright. Disregard my comments, then.

Back