Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rulings Question about Lv.X and Retreating

Blitzkrieg916

Hello!

Just a couple of quick questions.

1) I'm fairly certain I already know this one, but I just want to double-check:
Does leveling-up a Pokemon (to Lv.X of course, NOT evolving), cure it of status conditions?
I'm pretty sure it does but I'd like to know for sure. I know regular evolutions do cure.

2) If a card says to "switch" the Active Pokemon with a Benched Pokemon (ex. Switch, Warp Point),
does that count as "retreating" it?
Ex. My opponent uses Switch and I have Dugtrio on my Bench [Sink Hole Poke-Body (If your opponent's Active Pokemon retreats, put 2 damage counters on that Pokemon)].
Would Sink Hole's effect work or not? The same applies to any other effects that have to do with retreating.

Thanks you! :)

1. yes, unless there is another effect in play which specifically counteract it such as Heatran LV.X's Poke-Body Heat Metal.

2.no- that's the effect of a Trainer card or attack or whatever. You can still retreat as your one retreat hasn't been used for the turn.

Sink Hole would not trigger in that situation.

1. Yes
2. No and no:
Q. Can Dugtrio use "Sinkhole" if the opponent uses Switch or Warp Point instead of retreating? Or what happens if I attack with Dugtrio's "Push Down" to send the Defending Pokemon to the Bench?
A. Only the game action of Retreat triggers the Body's effect. Switch and other effects that move the Active Pokemon to the bench do not trigger Sinkhole. (Feb 12, 2009 PUI Rules Team; Feb 26, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Or, pretty much what everyone else said. With the addition of a compendium quote :p

Back