Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SableLock vs. Gyarados

Caleb

Hey guys, I've been working on my sablelock list lately, and so far play testing is going really well. All the match-ups appear to be pretty solid, and I'm about to start doing some play testing vs. Gyarados. Which leads me to my question. What's your opinion on the match-up, and do you have any advice? I've been thinking that sablelock would be at a tad of a disadvantage, given that gyarados also plays sableye, giving them a way to grab supporters. It just seems that once they set up the initial gyarados, the sableye player will be in for trouble because of the high damage output, and HP. Potentially luring flame, and regice would be nice, but what's you guys opinions?

Thanks in advance.

your best bet is to time your giratinas and judges well luring flame benche regice OR u could put in honchcrow sv to pick up karps in their discard hope this helps:)

3 Ways to beat a gyarados deck with sablelock. First option is the early game donk or "lock in". The second would be to rush a Honchkrow SV before they can fill their bench (Then you gotta be creative with cards like seeker). Finally the 3rd option is to stall them out by repeatedly luring flaming a regice or wall until they run out of resources.

Back