Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Northwest Region (Oregon/Washington) mourns the loss of Cason Terjeson, known as AbsolutelyNobody on the Pokegym forums. He was anything but an Absolutely Nobody to us.

Cason was tragically killed Saturday in a truck accident on his uncle's wheat farm in Eastern Oregon, where he was spending the summer. He was proudly the co-founder and operator of Team OR-EE-GON, Inc.© A faithful regular at Oregon/Washington Pokemon events, he will be missed by all who were lucky to know him.

Here is a link to a local newspaper article:http://www.beavertonvalleytimes.com/news/story.php?story_id=118463161487657400

One of my favorite pictures of Cason:http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=22804&c=142&userid=4239

Last edited:
That is quite tragic. I may not know anybody in the forums this much but as a player of the game, this is really sad.

My deepest condolences to the family and prayers as part of the TCG community.

I feel horrified to hear about these tragic news. You were a great Pokemon player and showed Spirit Of The Game at all times, no matter what the sitatuion was. R.I.P. Cason.

This is a sad day for Pokemon players. We lost one of our own. Cason was always so polite, so nice... even in battle. He was the best, true meaning of "Spirit of the Game". He will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
You will be missed Cason

I did not get the chance to play Cason this season, but I played him a few times in the past. He was a very talented player, and made many top cut in tournaments, and won a Battle Road this fall beating Flaming Spinach in the finals of that event. So he was a true competitor and always had a strong deck usually featuring Machamp.

Last time I faced him in an event was the Grinder for Worlds 2006, For an example of what a fine player he was here is how it went from my last years LCQ report,
Round 1 vs. Cason Terjeson #19 ranked Oregon player - (Machamp deck)

Ok 289 players from all over the World and in the 1st round I play someone I know. Go figure. When we get started I realize I am in for a hard time of it, as all my Dark Pokemon (Electrode, Raikou EX) are weak to him and all of my Ex's mean his Overzealous power will be on most of the game. He KO's my Dark Electrode for the 1st prize with but not before I can pull two darks from my deck and move two Holon’s Magnatons to the bench powering up one Crawdaunt Ex. Then he removed one Holon’s Magnaton energy with a heads role on Energy Removal. Before taking the 1st prize. I send up Crawduant and Boost for the OHKO on Machamp and then OHKO a basic to take the lead. He then head rolls a Pokemon reversal and benched my Crawdaunt and ko's a helpless Laprass during his next two turns. There is a big clock on the wall that shows what time is left, and with 10 min left he says “well this is the grinder and I’ve got nothing to lose" Plays down a Electrode Ex. on a benched Voltorb and uses it power to KO it and power up another Machamp putting me up two prizes 4-2. Then he notes that I have a stadium in play lays down Ancient TM Ice discarding my stadium and now I can’t hurt him a turn. So I retreat Crawdaunt sent up a Dark Electrode do the power attatch Holon’s and send the two rainbow energy to my benched Mewtwo star fully powering him up. Then he Pow's up my now powered up Mewtwo star (my only hope of beating him) and Overzealous OHKO's him. 4-3 prizes.
I bench Mr. Mime Ex (evens) play a psychic on it, bench Mr. Mime Ex (odds) send up Raikou EX hit his Machamp for 80. He OHKO’s Raikou (weakness) but the 2 prizes he draws put him at 5 in hand and I finish him off with Mr. Mime Ex. Prizes now 5-5 and judge call time. Sudden death he had LM Machamp and Pidgiot on bench Rockets Admins us each to one card I loose my boost for my Crawdaunt now with just one water on it. QS for a 3rd fighting energy and hits Mr. Mime for 60 with LM Machamp. I retreat bring up Mr. Mime Evens. He QS for a double rainbow hits me for 50. I retreat bring back Mr. Mime Odds. He QS for a second Double Rainbow hits me for 40 and the win.
Loss 0-1

Cason you are very much missed. - Jeff

Last edited:
The Northwest Region (Oregon/Washington) mourns the loss of Cason Terjeson, known as AbsolutelyNobody on the Pokegym forums. He was anything but an Absolutely Nobody to us.

Cason was tragically killed Saturday in a truck accident on his uncle's wheat farm in Eastern Oregon, where he was spending the summer. He was proudly the co-founder and operator of Team OR-EE-GON, Inc.© A faithful regular at Oregon/Washington Pokemon events, he will be missed by all who were lucky to know him.

Here is a link to a local newspaper article:http://www.beavertonvalleytimes.com/news/story.php?story_id=118463161487657400

One of my favorite pictures of Cason:http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=22804&c=142&userid=4239

mike, i'm very sorry about your loss. he is in my thoughts and prayers.

WOW...what a loss. This guy just looked liked he was one cool dude but, I am so sad right now. My heart goes out to the families.:frown::frown::frown::frown:
also, another thing that is sad is the fact that there were 178 views of this thread, and 17 post!!!!!!!
Shows some people just don't have heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back