Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

sadium vs stadium

cattdreams

I've noticed with the advent of pidgot vs battle frontier there's been quite the ramp up in stadiums played, be it battle frontier to counter peoples pidgy/rock lock decks or something else to replace peoples battle frontiers. this made me think of a good ol, much overlooked card. ATM ICE which removes all your opponents trainers in play then prevents any damage done to you durring your opponents next turn. I think this is a valuable card in the current meta game as it's a way to not only remove your opponents nasty stadiums. but protect yourself while doing it. a better alternative I think to countering staduim with stadium. anyways, some food for thought to look into.

-CattDreams

ATM[ice] will be much more impacting in the upcoming modified with the emphasis on tool cards being introduced.

The number of tool cards in every deck will rise tremendously, and I think atm[ice] will actually be seen, especially as a solid tech card.

Okay, why ATM Ice should never be seen in the current meta.

When you counter stadium, you usually pick one that gives you an advantage. So when you play it, you get the advantage from your stadium, plus removing the advantage your opponent receives from his. ATM ice simply removes the stadium in play, so it isn't as powerful. Even then you waste an attack to even pull it off, so then you give your opponent time to build up attackers, or even to reversal one of your benched guys for a quick ko.

Well, sometimes you run out of Stadiums, or don't have one in hand. There's when ATM Ice can really help. So it's useful, although I wouldn't put more than 2 in a deck.

- Croatian_Nidoking

say your oppenent runs some EXP. All, there on his benched pokemon, 2 or 3, doesnt matter.

In your hand you have a Stadium card, Island Cave and ATM Ice, out is a Battle Frontier shutting down you pidgeot(Island cave is your last stadium while your oppenent has another 1 or 2 left in his deck) would you rather play Ice or the stadium?

with Ice you get remove those tool cards AND, the stadium, so they have to play the next one, while you still have ur stadium(in hand) to HELP YOU! and take away theirs, that is why Ice is amazing. if they want that pidget out of action, they will play that next Battle Fronteir and then ur stadium will help you out more because Ice Saved you :).

Back