Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Salamence ex - G&G/Magmortar counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flygon999

I just thought up a counter for Gallade/Magmortar.

Pokemon:23

2x Salamence ex PK
1x Salamence ex DF
1x Shelgon DF
3x Bagon DF
3x Skitty PK
2x Delcatty PK
1x Delcatty ex CG
2x Swablu DF
2x Altaria ex DF
2x Unknown G GE
4x Holon's Castform HP

Trainers:20

3x Holon Mentor
4x Bebe's Search
4x Holon Adventuer
3x Rare Candy
4x Night Maintenence
2x Windstorm

Energys:17
4x :water:
13x :fire:

Strategy: You want to start out with castform and use delta draw (mabye Pachi :confused:). your bench should have 1 delcatty, 2 Salamence ex, and 1 Altaria ex, the extra space is for Unknown G. Salamence ex OHKO's anything while discarding the top 5 cards of your deck. Later on in the game Delcatty ex Upstream's all of your energys back and then you use Salamence ex again. 4 NM in case you discard Pokemon with Salamence ex. Unown G is for gallade's sonic blade because without it you couldn't counter it :eek:.

Last edited:
and once gallade plays a wind storm...you...lose...
it could be a decent deck, but far from an effective gallade counter. magmortar will kill your catty ex in one shot and get two prizes...

Magmortar can snipe Altaria ex and Catty ex for 2 prizes.. :/

:lol: it'l take them 5 turns to do that.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

and once gallade plays a wind storm...you...lose...
it could be a decent deck, but far from an effective gallade counter. magmortar will kill your catty ex in one shot and get two prizes...

G&G's still have windstorm?:confused:
ever since GE's release people have been using Lake Boundry instead.

Last edited:
this is the list I have, currently 2-0 vs. Magmortar w/any Firestarter:

Pokemon: 18
4 Pachirisu
3-2-3 Salamence Ex D (all from DF)
2-2 Altaria Ex D (All from DF)
1-1 Fearow D (CG)

Trainers: 25
4 Crystal Beach
3 Bebe's Research
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Scott
2 Steven's Advice
3 Holon Adventurer (that's why all pre-evolutions are from DF since they are D)
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
1 TSD (you can switched it to NM if you don't have a TSD)
2 Strength Charm

Energy: 17
17 Water

not really, all you need is a typhlosion and magmortar. yo have catty for speed.

^same thing. do you ever have a problem with mag X sniping your EXs??

How about 1 Salamence DF tech?
I actually happen to own TSD chriscobi.

not really, all you need is a typhlosion and magmortar. yo have catty for speed.

:eek::eek::eek: I never thought of that!

Last edited:

not really, if they snipe the Altaria it's a hit a salamence isn't taking. then I'll usually have a way to get a second altaria, after they snipe the first one.

One game I 6-0 the magmortar player. the other went down to 1-1 prizes, because they were playing it with Spinda and kept doing 80 to my Sallys with that little rodent. So it was hard since I was playing the Sally Ex (PK) and was using fires as well. I found out that the Sally Ex (PK) can be useful but usually not needed.

not really, if they snipe the Altaria it's a hit a salamence isn't taking. then I'll usually have a way to get a second altaria, after they snipe the first one.

One game I 6-0 the magmortar player. the other went down to 1-1 prizes, because they were playing it with Spinda and kept doing 80 to my Sallys with that little rodent. So it was hard since I was playing the Sally Ex (PK) and was using fires as well. I found out that the Sally Ex (PK) can be useful but usually not needed.

I guess your right about Mag X.

I battled chriscobi634's list one time, and it ripped Magmortar apart. I would have had no problem winning if I was able to use my Scramble Energies, but that darn Crystal Beach wrecked everything.

Flygon999, you should definetely play plenty of Crystal Beach. It really messes people up! An excellent counter to the metagame.

I battled chriscobi634's list one time, and it ripped Magmortar apart. I would have had no problem winning if I was able to use my Scramble Energies, but that darn Crystal Beach wrecked everything.

Flygon999, you should definetely play plenty of Crystal Beach. It really messes people up! An excellent counter to the metagame.

Good idea, but what do I take out?:confused:
do you expect to see cessation crystal? if not, I'll take them out for crystal beach. but what about my castform?:confused:.

I updated deck list with +1 Salamence ex DF so that I can beat Magmortar easier.

Last edited:
I always love powerhouse decks :)

As for flygon999's list, you have to take Hcasty out in order to put CB.

hm... doesnt this need some claydol or something?

this is the list I have, currently 2-0 vs. Magmortar w/any Firestarter:

Pokemon: 18
4 Pachirisu
3-2-3 Salamence Ex D (all from DF)
2-2 Altaria Ex D (All from DF)
1-1 Fearow D (CG)

Trainers: 25
4 Crystal Beach
3 Bebe's Research
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Scott
2 Steven's Advice
3 Holon Adventurer (that's why all pre-evolutions are from DF since they are D)
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
1 TSD (you can switched it to NM if you don't have a TSD)
2 Strength Charm

Energy: 17
17 Water
I like your list.
Just a quick question, why strenght charm over pluspower when you don't have castaway ?

I like your list.
Just a quick question, why strenght charm over pluspower when you don't have castaway ?

you can switch it to 1-1. I like strength Charm because you can attach it in case you wanted to play Wager in your list. Or if you felt your opponent was going to Wager you.

I've got one better, Cattey ex OHKOs your salamence ex

they have to build up 8 energies in the discard for the OHKO by that time, you could have KOed the Delcatty Ex on the bench. The Delcatty Ex probably makes it a 70-30 but still in favor of Sallys.

Last edited:
G&G --------------------- Crystal Shard + 1 Prize-Flip --- ByeBye Saly^^

And yeah, snipping is a big problem if you're playing EX's. 2 Prizes... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back