Rest
Body SLAM
sURF

Gardevoir
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
psychic

Now who do you think would be better? Salemence or Flygon?

Flygon:
Crunch
Giga Drain
E-Quake
Flamethrower

Salemence
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Fire Blast

Flygon is better defensively, but Salemence has a good attack. Each Poke is useful in it's own way, but I don't think having both of them on the same team is a good idea. Thanks ahead of time.

~ilc

Depends on who you're facing. If you're facing tons of Electric Pokémon, go Flygon. If Water dominates where you are, go Salamence. If you're facing a lot of fast Ice Pokémon, go with neither of them (they're both double-weak to Ice) and get yourself a Fire-type.

Last edited:
hmm thanks, I guess I atta figure out what the majority of people will be playing at my challenge ^_^

Walrein and Gardevoir are standard all the way. I'm assuming Chesto on Walrein.

I'd go with Salamence, but put Earthquake on there instead of Fire Blast. As you said, he has awesome attack stat.

Good Team :thumb:

Well, personally, I won't be using either. Honestly, I don't care much for Dragon-types. Meh.

But of the two, I'd go with Flygon. Just because it'd be different.

And one more thing...
Just a small suggestion: get rid of Shadow Ball on your Gardevoir. Gardevoir (plural sense) have a low Attack base stat. And unless it has a good Attack IV and a Attack +10% Nature, it would be worthless on a Pokémon like Gardevoir. I'd recommend either Double Team or Will-O-Wisp (Egg Move) instead. But, hey. That's just my opinion. Do as you wish.

BPM said:
Well, personally, I won't be using either. Honestly, I don't care much for Dragon-types. Meh.

But of the two, I'd go with Flygon. Just because it'd be different.

And one more thing...
Just a small suggestion: get rid of Shadow Ball on your Gardevoir. Gardevoir (plural sense) have a low Attack base stat. And unless it has a good Attack IV and a Attack +10% Nature, it would be worthless on a Pokémon like Gardevoir. I'd recommend either Double Team or Will-O-Wisp (Egg Move) instead. But, hey. That's just my opinion. Do as you wish.

My party is...

-Swampert
-Kyrogre
-Metagross
-Salamence
-Minun
-Whatever I decide to put in ;)

Hmm ya I realized in the Battle Tower that Gardevoir's Shadow Ball was... pretty bad. I was thinking lately to replace Gardevoir with an Alakazam, good idea?

The only thing better about Alakazam, base stat wise, is its Speed and SP.ATK. Both of its base stats are slightly better than Gardevoir's. But everything is lower than Gardevoir.

Of course, base stat isn't the only thing that factors into a Pokémon's strengths and weaknesses. You might get a Gardevoir with a high Speed IV (highest being 31) and an Alakazam with a low Speed IV (lowest being 0). In which case, you might even have a Gardevoir that's faster than an Alakazam.

Both have good movepools, but I like Gardevoir better. Thunderbolt makes better for a second Special attack than Alakazam's Thunderpunch (Egg move. Both are 100% accurate, but Thunderbolt has a higher base power).

I wrote out a long winded debate between Gardevoir and Alakazam here (And if you're registered over there, it'd be a good idea not to post in the topic. Since it's rather old)
Might be for a good read. Or not. Your decision.

Last edited:
Back