4 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
2 Snowpoint Temple

Energy 17

12 Lightning
2 Psychic
1 Metal (basic)
2 Multi

Pachirisu because I didn’t want to use Call energy, for the best results with Raikou’s power and Rotom.
2 Different Bronzong’s because of the draw power from the MT one and the damage spread of the MD one. The zero nrg attack of Bronzong MD with the power of Raikou (and the moving with Cresselia a turn later) can damage the opponent’s field badly.
3 Bronzor is enough to get 1 of each Bronzong in play.
Bronzong MT (draw/discard) combines with Rotom.
Cresselia, the Future Sight attack to arrange the top 5 cards of your deck, not a bad starter because of this attack.
The Cresselia Lv X, Azelf and Azelf LvX need no explanation I would say.
Trainers- Oaks visit over Buck because a lot of attacks don’t do damage.
1 Felicity because there is already a lot of discarding in the deck.
Along with the Bronzong MT this will give enough draw power.
Snowpoint, to many basic Pokemon, simply needed.

Energy – I want each Pokemon being able to attack, so this combination makes it possible.

POD TWO: Pajamas

Pokemon (23):
4-3 Ursaring
2-2-1 Gliscor (#94/#5/Lv.X)
2-2 Weavile (DP/SW)
1-1 Ariados
1 Unown P
2-2 Claydol

Trainers (21):
4 Bebe's Search
2 Buck's Training
2 Dusk Ball
4 Energy Pickup
3 Moonlight Stadium
2 Night Maintenance
4 Roseanne's Research

Energy (16):
4 Call Energy
4 Darkness Energy (special)
4 Darkness Energy (basic)
4 Fighting Energy

This deck is called Bugbear. For the sake of clarity, I will refer to a Pokemon affected by both effects of Bad Temper as being "swaggered", after the similar attack from the RPG.

Ursaring is the primary attacker in this deck. 4-3 might sound a little awkward at first glance, but it's really just a 3-3 line with a spare Teddiursa for the bench. The plan is to keep your opponent off-balance with Bad Temper while getting set up, and then deliver massive damage with Defensive Claw. Your opponent is likely to be tempted to attack while swaggered, since the +60 bonus is probably more than they could do by clearing the status. This deck takes full advantage of this, and to some extent tries to force their hand. If they fail the flip, then they've essentially wasted a turn. If they hit, you can make them pay for keeping the status condition. If they decide to keep clearing status, eventually they'll run out of resources. Once you have a fully charged Ursaring, your Teddiursa/Unown P combo and possible boosts from special darkness and Buck's bring you within OHKO range for many Pokemon.

Gliscor is perhaps an obvious combo with Ursaring, but his strength is too good to be ignored. If your opponent chooses to stay swaggered, then Gliscor can sweep in to Pester for 80. If the defending Pokemon managed to get unswaggered and KO Ursaring, then the Lv.X is a great tool for recovery; they still take the extra damage from Pester, and the paralysis likely buys you an extra turn to recharge the next bear.

Weavile is an amazing partner here, for three reasons. Shadow Charge provides the energy acceleration necessary to power up Ursaring's attacks quickly, Dark Engage boosts the attack of your Pokemon with special darkness energy, and combining Dark Engage with Moonlight Stadium gives all of your Pokemon free retreat. He is a more versatile energy accelerator than Rotom, provides more consistent damage boost than PlusPower, and is easier to set up than Magnezone.

Ariados is very much a situational tech, but in the right situation, it greatly enhances the power of Bad Temper by making it just that much harder for your opponent to clear the effects. Weavile and Moonlight keeps it from adversely affecting you.

Unown P is an indispensible play with Ursaring. You can't expect your opponent to spread damage to your benched Teddiursa, so this guarantees that your Defensive Claw always hits for 100.

Claydol makes stage 1 decks go lightning fast. You evolve and attach like crazy, and then draw a fresh hand. Because this deck includes fighting energy, he can double as a middling attacker in dire situations.

Call Energy is by far your best starting move. Energy Pickup helps you accelerate once you have some basic energy in the discard. Night Maintenance and ample search trainers ensure that you never run out of Pokemon.

POD THREE: PokemansForGeeks

Hey,

My card was Gengar from D/P.

Pokemon: 24
x3 Gastly DP
x2 Haunter DP
x3 Gengar DP
x3 Hoppip SW
x2 Skiploom SW
x3 Jumpluff SW
x2 Baltoy GE
x2 Claydol GE
x2 Chatot MD
x2 Uxie LA

Trainers: 20
x4 Rare Candy
x4 Bebe's
x4 Roseanne's
x3 TM TS-2
x2 Prof Oaks Visit
x2 Cynthia's Feelings
x1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 16
x5 Grass
x5 Psychic
x4 Multi
x2 Call

Strategy:
Get out a Gengar ASAP and some Jumpluffs as well. Use Shadow Dance to spread damage then switch it out for Jumpluff, who's body is great. Jumpluff's attack adds to the damage spread theme and has free retreat, which allows me to switch out for Gengar again and keep the Shadow Dance coming. Claydol is for setup and the Uxie is for searchable draw. The rare candy is essential since there are two stage 2's and the bebe's and roseanne's are for setup. The TM TS-2 is for devolving pokemon with a lot of damage. Thanks.

POD FOUR: The_Phenom1993

Pokemon: 21

2 Entei
3 Piplup
2 Prinplup
3 Empoleon
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
2 Togepi
1 Togetic
2 Togekiss
1 Chatot
1 Absol

Trainers: 22

4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Prof.Oak's Visit
2 Wager
1 Cyntia's Feelings
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Night Mainteaneance

Energy: 17

6 Fire
5 Water
4 Call
2 Multi

The strategy is to first use empoleon's attack to spread damage and leave his pokemon vurnable to entei, who will finish the job and with his body you will discard your opponent's top 3 cards for each KOed pokemon.
Togekiss is to accelerate things a little bit up. Since entei needs 3 energy to attack, togekiss will be quiet useful here and will make up for some nice energy acceleration.
Claydol is for obvious support.
Absol will discard more cards in your opponent's hand.

So the goal is to set up an Empo ASAP and leave your opponent's pokemon in entei's KO range, and then switch out to entei and finish them off.Wager will continue your disturption.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

POD FIVE: Pooka

INGREDIENT: Slaking

Since I don't want to get pennalized for word limit again, let's keep this one short!

Pokemon 24

4 Slakoth
3 Vigoroth
4 Slaking
3 Sneasel (DP)
3 Weavile (SW)
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Jigglypuff
1 Wigglytuff
1 Uxie (LA)

Trainers 22

4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Switch
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Buck's Training
2 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Night Maintenance

Energy 14

5 Darkness
4 Darkness (Special)
4 Call
1 Fighting

Slaking is difficult to work with because its Power, Energetic Impulse, is the only way it's good, but it's completely reliant on luck. Unfortunately, you can't use it more than once per turn, and you can't even retreat or attack if it fails... So, how do you deal with that?

First of all, you need a way to account for Slaking's extremely large Energy cost. Next, you need a free retreater to Switch to if you fail the Power. Weavile fills both of those roles. In addition, the benefit from Dark Engage (Weavile's Power) helps Slaking out a lot. The theory is that 50% of the time you will get Heads for Energetic Impulse. When you get Heads, (assuming 130 HP is the standard benchmark for Pokemon) 130 damage will OHKO the Defending Pokemon - no problem. However, when you get Tails, you need a way to compensate. If Slaking has 1-2 Special Dark on it, Lazy Blow will do either 60 or 70 damage. So, you can still 2HKO any Pokemon (60 + 60 + 10 for Buck, or simply 70 + 70). Weavile is crucial to the deck, so it earned a 3/3 line instead of the normal 2/2.

Wigglytuff may need some explaining. Since the deck naturally is slow due to Slaking's high Energy cost, you need some way to come back. Well, you may as well take advantage of the high amount of switching cards (which are necessary for Slaking)! If you fail Energetic Impulse, just use Good Night Melody, put your opponent's Active Pokemon to sleep, Switch, retreat back to Slaking, then hit with Lazy Blow. Even if the flip for the Power doesn't go your way, hopefully your opponent will remain asleep, giving you an advantage still. Furthermore, Wigglytuff has a cute little combo with Vigoroth. If you need a cheap attack for 60 (or 70 with Weavile + sp Dark), send out a Slakoth, use Wiggly's Power, evolve to Vigoroth, then get a very cost-effective hit with Wake-up Punch!

There you have it! Hope I didn't go over this time... ;)

POD SIX: ARMondak

4 Shinx LA
3 Luxio DP
2 Luxray DP
2 Luxray LA
1 Duskull DP
1 Dusknoir DP
1 Electabuzz DP
1 Electivire SW
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Chatot MD
1 Phione MD
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
2 Night Maintenance
4 Energy Switch
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
3 Felicity's Drawing

10 Lightning
4 Call

The strategy is fairly simple - manipulate energy with Electivire, Energy Switch, and Luxray DPs attack, Lightning Star. There's also another key to the deck - combining Luxray's Poke Power Gleam Eyes with Dusknoir's Poke Power Dark Palm to bounce back the opponent's best Pokemon. This forces the opponent to either play a bench of two, or Cosmic Power back all their basics, severely hindering their ability to recover after a knockout. The deck's ability to go on the offensive surprisingly quickly for a stage 2, combined with game-changing disruption, makes it a powerful force to be reckoned with.

POD SEVEN: EspeonChris14

hey again kettler this is My Walrein List for the Iron Chef Tournament.

Pokemon (23)

4x absol SW
3x spheal MT
2x sealeo MT
3x Walrein MT
2x Baltoy GE
2x Claydol GE
1x Finneon MT
1x Lumineon MT
2x Unown M MT
2x Unown Q MD
1x Chattot

Trainers (24)
2x Roseannes Research
4x Bebe's Search
2x Cynthia's Feelings
4x TG Mars
3x TG Wager
3x rare candy
2x Night matainance
4x Warp Point

Energy (13)
9x Water
4x Call energy

OK Walrein is a Awesome card. his power is pretty flippy but if you get

it right your good to go. your BEST start is with absol. Discarding cards

from your opponents hand and disrupting their Start and mid game.

Claydol is for support and for hand refreshment. Walrein's attack is

pretty awesome if they dont discard a card then there paralyzed. Its Hp

is pretty good but its retreat cost is pretty steep. I have Lumineon to

switch the defending with a 100+ hp pokemon so i can bring out big

contenders like Empoleon, infernape, Torterra, Luxray, etc. Unown Q is

for free retreating lumineon and unown M. Unown M's power is like a

pokemon reversal if i get heads I bring up anyone and i can either use

freeze up when i evolve a sealeo in to a walrein or just use ice bind. The

trainers are pretty consistant, Rosanes to get energys and pokemon,

bebe's search to get the important pokemon, TG Mars and Wager for

Disruption, 4 warp point for switching the defending out of the active slot

for something else and to abuse the switching powers.

Summary

Absol as a Begining Starter to Disrupt their hand also using trainers like

TGMars and TGWager to continue the disruption and to benifit Walrein's

attack which needs the discarding of a card from their hand in order to

have them not become paralyzed. Also switching their pokemon with

unown M and luminion to try and get the walrein power to work. and

discard the strongest or set up cards

claydol and chattot are there for support.

Thanks for reading

~Espeonchris14

POD EIGHT: SHPanda

//NAME: iron chef round 2
3 Lightning Energy
4 Darkness Energy
4 Darkness Energy (sp)
4 Call Energy
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium
4 Rare Candy
3 Team Galactic's Wager
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
2 Dusk Ball
1 Azelf L.55 LA
1 Uxie L.55 LA
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Mareep SW
1 Ampharos SW
2 Sneasel L.23 LA
2 Weavile SW
4 Seedot L9 DP
2 Nuzleaf L28 DP
4 Shiftry L48 DP

The idea is to use shiftry's power over and over causing massive board disruption, then followed up with a wager. Ampharos makes damage spreading very easy as every deck needs to play supporters. With moonlight stadium you get a 0 retreat cost with shiftry and thus you can use the power atleast 2 times a turn. Powering up people is also easier thanks to Weavile. It allows me to power up anyone putting me turns ahead in board presences. Weavile also doubles over as moonlight stadium abuse. By turning anyone into a dark type you can start with anyone and give that pokemon free retreat. The dark type change also gives you extra damage with darkness energy(sp).

Last edited:
Interesting. While I like Pooka's reasoning for the deck, I don't understand how it actually deals a lot of damage. When I was thinking of my strategy, my reasoning was I needed a stall mechanic while I energised, plus a secondary attacker. I don't understand what happens when the special darkness goes away or if you just hit a bad luck patch. Across the whole game's length, you'll soon get to a chain of two if not three tails and that just leaves you in such a bad patch. Maybe what I'm trying to say is what happens when you hit tails or can't 2HKO with a standard Slaking 50 or 60?

I built a really similar list to Pooka, and was really surprised to see myself as not the only person playing it. Weavile's attack isn't bad either. If we treat each heads on Slaking as a prize, I imagine that amounts to 6 flips per game, half of them being heads. 4 Switch takes care of the tails corresponding to that and then some, the Warp Points put you over the top. You won't be flipping if you don't need to.

I built a really similar list to Pooka, and was really surprised to see myself as not the only person playing it. Weavile's attack isn't bad either. If we treat each heads on Slaking as a prize, I imagine that amounts to 6 flips per game, half of them being heads. 4 Switch takes care of the tails corresponding to that and then some, the Warp Points put you over the top. You won't be flipping if you don't need to.

I would think Majority would of used Weavile with Slaking!

I don't know why, but the card just stuck out like a sore thumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back