Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Magicsam

I was having a look at these, mainly for PTCGO. I was only able to test them in shops with a very slow internet connection. I could access the game but it was very slow. Does this tablet work on a normal internet connection. First hand experience would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think it can work. Normally retail stores have basic internet and thats not meant for gaming. They want their customers to get a feel for it. About the PTCGO, the game is made in flash and that table is one of the few with flash player.

Flash and poor internet is a very deadly mix but don't let that turn you away from from getting it. Its one of the best tablets on the market right now. You will need a very good internet connection to play the game. You may also want to find a 3G or 4G version of it so you can play on the go or just use the internet.

A few things to keep in mind. A tablet is not a computer and should not be subbed as one. Tablets use mobile processors which by nature are slow to reserve battery life. Even on the best internet connection, gameplay 'can' be slow because. Just keep that in mind.

I have tested PTCGO on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. It is painful and unplayable. The tablets processor can not handle the game. I would not purchase it just for playing tcgo on a tablet.

no, incorrect information. its NOT the processor of the tablet. so wrong...

its the OS of the tablet. everyone knows that the OS on the galaxy tab 10.1 sucks really badly and greatly limits it. :(

its the OS of the tablet. everyone knows that the OS on the galaxy tab 10.1 sucks really badly and greatly limits it. :(

Where is your source for this?

Last edited:

So... android sucks? Because thats hard to imagine, since its the 46% of the market... The tab supports flash, and try updating it if you have issues. But android works extremely well, and i'm more than willing to help you with any issues you might be having. If you like and can describe specific issues you can PM me.

So... android sucks? Because thats hard to imagine, since its the 46% of the market... The tab supports flash, and try updating it if you have issues. But android works extremely well, and i'm more than willing to help you with any issues you might be having. If you like and can describe specific issues you can PM me.

Depends on what you define the 'market share' as.
If it's the amount of tablets and phones sold with android, sure, it has most of the market share. But that's because every 2 days another bloody android comes out, and as bullados said. Windows.

Market Share means nothing. See: Windows.

Okay, i admit, You have may attention, So, what OS do you use, and what are you're complaints about windows that don't apply to the operating system that you are running. For all intents and purposes, lets use the current versions of each respective operating system since faulting vista when 7 is running so smoothly seems a bit strange.

Random memory leaks, the necessity of reinstalling the OS every year in order to avoid slowdown, the necessity of programs like CCleaner to ensure the slowdown doesn't happen too quickly, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately, Windows is also the only platform that currently allows games to be played. I dislike Windows for purely technical reasons. But I also recognize that it's about the only platform that will allow me to do what I want to do.

Random memory leaks, the necessity of reinstalling the OS every year in order to avoid slowdown, the necessity of programs like CCleaner to ensure the slowdown doesn't happen too quickly, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately, Windows is also the only platform that currently allows games to be played. I dislike Windows for purely technical reasons. But I also recognize that it's about the only platform that will allow me to do what I want to do.

Before I start, i owned a macbook pro running snow leapord, and my gf runs a mbp with lion. I find that she has had more troubles with her single mbp than all of the windows machines i've had combined. Some of these are hardware failures, or design flaws, so I won't bring them up, but some, such as random freezes and major lag when she's running an i5 with a Nvidia gpu chip, 8gb of ram, and a 7200 rpm hard drive are... Unnerving, to say the least. I'm planning on reinstalling her OS (after less than a year) just to see if it helps. I wish there were programs like CCleaner for mac's, because i remember when she first got the laptop it was quick and worked well. I think the windows slowdown is a steady downhill decline after about the 6 month mark, where, from my experience the OSX decline is more of an asymptote, with the "low level" where the dropping stops is usually higher than the lowest level of an unmaintained windows machine.

On another note, android itself is an excellent environment, which has flaws, but the primary issue is fragmentation, and manufacturers refusing to release vanilla android. If you ever get a chance to use vanilla android, or install a custom ROM the experience improves dramatically. Flash is also unfortunatly losing traction in android in favor of Html 5, so hopefully when PTCGO comes out they have a native app for it, for android and ios, which would greatly increase the popularity of the game. Not to mention the revenue involved for nintendo if they charged something like .99 for an add free version of the game. In my opinion tablets and smartphones are awesome for this kind of static game.

For what it's worth, Android (take your pick of flavor) at the moment is essentially the only alternative for tablets, it's free to use basically and Google-friendly of course. Apple is basically the other half and a couple of very minor ones like Windows and such. Unless Microsoft can somehow convince everyone to start uploading their future Windows 8 onto everything (which I don't see happening as well since you'd have to pay Microsoft for it unlike the free Android, not to mention needing much higher specs likely to run a version of Windows 8), you essentially have 2 main OS competitors for tablets; Apple which is all in house with their products, and scattered versions of different Android OS used by basically every other company wanting to cash in on the smartphone/tablet craze.

It's like someone said. Yes you can play on it but due to the power of the processor, you'll suffer from lag. The tablet can run flash but it can't handle a flash game of that size because it has a lot of code and animation running at all time. The flash on the tablet was really made for website that run in flash, such as Youtube and can play some less-code intensive game.

If you want to get the tablet, then get it. It's one of the best on the market right now but don't let the PTCGO be the deciding factor on that. If you want to play on the go, you'll have to get yourself a laptop with at least Intel second gen i5 Processor with at least 2 Gb of video memory that has 3G or 4G.

Back