Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

San Diego Brs Tourney Report

AzUK

San Diego Games & Comics
September 17th ,2011.

Up to Battle Roads, I built and played many different Vileplume variants, including "The Truth". I had a fair share of sucess with a Magnezone/Vileplume build, and also Vileplume/Lanturn. I spent the night before building Reshiplosion w/ Vileplume, and settled on a very consistent list. We arrive 15 mins before registration ends, and then I chat with others about what to expect, and what not.

13 Seniors, 4 Rounds, Top 2 Cut.

Round 1 vs BYE.
Did nothing much, watched other people play.

1-0

Round 2 vs Jacob B. - "The Truth"
I knew Jacob was a solid player, as I played him many times before. We set up and I find out he's playing "The Truth"(Ross). He open with Oddish to my Cleffa, and we stall the first 15-20 mins with Eeeeeeek and his Find a Friend. I kill his active with a benched Reshi after I set up completely. I eventually take a four prize lead. Time is called after he gets his SEL out, and he scoops turn two after time. GG.

2-0

Round 3 vs Matt M. - Stage One Rush
He starts with a Yanma and a Zorua on the bench. He collectors and kills my active Cleffa with Tyrogue. I bring up Reshiram, and pass. He Comms for Zoroark, but it's prized. I setup Vileplume, Bellosom, and Typhlosion by turn 5. I just Blue Flare and Outrage for the game afterwards. GG.

3-0

Round 4 vs John M. - Reshiplosion
Essentially a mirror, except he gets locked. After he kills my Vulpix, I twins and set up completely, I just Blue Flare with 2 Typhlo out for the rest of the game. GG.

4-0

I'm in top cut, and it's top 2 only.

Top Cut vs John M. - Reshiplosion.
Same person as Round 4.
Game 1 - Get donked my Vulpix and two pluspowers to my Oddish.
Game 2 - Set up turn 2 with 2 Typhlosiona and a Vileplume, I get Bellosom out turn 3, and I 6-0 him.
Game 3 - I Sage and Cleffa into a amazing hand, allowing me to setup Bellosom, Vileplume, and Typhlosion. I 6-1 him after I set up.

I get my 4 packs, and since SD Pokemom didn't have the Victory Cups, they were going to be mailed to me.

Props:
Another deck made in less than an hour that won. :smile:
Reshiplosion/Vileplume for working.
Undefeated.

Slops:
Getting nothing good in my packs.
No Victory Cup yet.
Donked in Top Cut.

Great job, glad to hear I at least lost to the one guy who won :). XD I can only imagine what would have happen if you had run a more orthodox reshiphlosion list.

Back