Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

San Diego Leagues and tournaments?

Flare Starfire

Hey there...more of a search for events, than announcing one or what not.

I will be moving to California's San Diego area in mid april. I've looked around in the league locator and such, and come up with one location. A few things I was hoping somebody would know...

Does San Diego have a large draw for Pokemon players? I noticed that the state championship was scheduled for the 17th. I might be there by then, would I be allowed to participate if I hadn't won the Massachusetts one before I move?

Second, is there anybody here on the boards that would have further contact info, where to go, who to see, etc. that I could speak with so that I don't have to drop from the scene just cause I'm moving all the way across the country? ^^;

Lastly, how big do championship events get in CA? Milford gets 50+ people, and I think thats a ton...

I'll miss my pokemon friends from MA....but I hope to make a few new ones in CA when I get there! I just have to know where everyone goes..*Chuckles* Thank you to any help anyone can give in this upcoming adjustment for me.

There are three San Diego county leagues that I know of: mine, held Wednesday evenings from 5 to 7 pm in Poway (north inland SD county, off of I-15); Game Empire, held Sundays from about 11 am in Kearny Mesa/Claremont (just west of the 805 freeway at Claremont Mesa Blvd.); and Pair a Dice Games, in Vista (Friday afternoons from 3:30 to 5:30?) in north SD county, off of Hwy 78.

As far as I know you'd be allowed to play in the CA State event, which will be held in Costa Mesa (Orange County, about an hour and a half drive from SD.

Hope this helps :)

'mom

Bit by bit...the place I'm moving to is near La Mesa (Spring Valley) but I don't know the geography yet...so no idea which one of those is closer, or which one is the largest. *hmm* It's a beginning! Thank you SD Pokemom =)

Welcome (in advance) to Southern California! There's a pretty large, thriving Pokemon community here that I think you'll enjoy. We're East Coasters too and though its going to be a HUGE culture shock I think you'll love it here.
It looks like the Game Empire league will be your closest location. The Fountain Valley City Championship held two weekends ago had 50+ in attendance and the Costa Mesa Prerelease this past weekend had 67! Both of those locations are closer to LA but quite a few people will travel back and forth from San Diego to LA for the tournaments. It gives you a lot of choices!
Your next closest league location will be SDPokeMom's in Poway. I'm sure you'll find a place in one of those two leagues.
Good luck in your move!
---Nicole
WeileMom

Thank you very much Weilemom ^^ *starts taking notes* Looks like it'll be around the same size crowd that I'm used to, that'll be a good thing. =)

Culture shock, most definatly...I've been to Diego a few times for the STSs, and I did like it out there! Now I get to try living there, which is an entirely different ballgame..XD

Back