Archeops (MegaParrot) @ Flying Gem

Adamant Nature

Defeatist

252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP

U-turn
Rock Slide
Acrobatics
Earthquake

This is my current team I am using. I would appreciate any and all tips and support you guys have to offer. Thanks!

If your looking to gain the advantage that Excadrill has as far as his Sand Rush ability, you'll need Sandstorm into play.
Excadrill is a great lead Pokémon, with Sandstorm in play, he is one fast hit-and-runner for sure.
If you plan to lead with Excadrill and Tyranitar is partnered, Sand stream Ability auto weather boost's Excadrill's speed by doubling it.
If you plan to have the two out for lead, Tyranitar would benefit greatly to have Earthquake in it's move set since you have Excadrill holding the balloon. If this is your plan to gain the best use with these two Pokémon paired up, definitely
give Tyranitar Earthquake.

All I have at this time for you, I'll look over the team a bit more after a couple questions answered from you:

Is this a singles team or doubles?
What is the core strategy for this team? (hit fast-hit hard, all around coverage, ect......)

Last edited:
Seems like a hard team to work with. You'll want to use Pokemon like Garchomp, Gliscor and maybe Stoutland. Stoutland can throw some mean Choiced Banded STAB Retaliates. He also gets the Sand Rush ability I believe.

Jellicent seems to be a counter for water Pokemon but I don't think it's needed. If you choose to keep it on, then its fine. Galvantula in my opinion is not needed of a sandstorm team. Replace it with a garchomp with these moves.

Garchomp
Ability Sand Veil
Item Life Orb/Choice Band
EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Nature Jolly -Special Attack, + Speed

Move set

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Outrage/Dragon Rush (Outrage recommended if singles)
Fire Fang/Stone Edge

Garchomps ability raises his evasion 20 percent in the sand. This can be game changing when it happens. I like fire fang on them because they can hit Scizor and Ferrothorn, which are some pretty common Pokemon. Everything else is fairly standard on Garchomp. If you choose Choice Band, take Swords Dances off and replace it with Stone Edge though the Life Orb route is recommended.

As another Pokemon. I'd even recommend a Reuniclus because of its Magic Guard Ability but I'd need to know if this is a singles or doubles team.

Lol, I seriously need to think before I post. There is two threads, one for singles and one for doubles (Which I simply spaced this!).

This is posted here, so we need to guide this person into getting this team good to go for double battles.:biggrin:

Lol, I seriously need to think before I post. There is two threads, one for singles and one for doubles (Which I simply spaced this!).

This is posted here, so we need to guide this person into getting this team good to go for double battles.:biggrin:

Well, Single Pokemon Strategy thread is for talking about a single Pokemon and how it can be used, not for single battle teams.

I stand corrected! My fault in the understanding, so- I still will help this person after a reply is given.

Thanks a lot for all the advice. I have made the following changes.

Tyranitar: Removed Stone Edge, Added Earthquake
Latias: Removed Surf, added Ice Beam
Jellicent: Replaced with Garchomp

I decided to get rid of Jellicent instead of Galvantula because of how much sheer power the Galvantula has shown to possess. Plus I need the coverage that comes from thunder.

Another question I had that is unrelated to this, How do I stop Trick Room counters? On a seprate team all I seem to run into is counters to my team and I need to stop them.

---------- Post added 06/28/2012 at 01:18 AM ----------

Also this is doubles.

Now that I know this is doubles, it changes everything. Your team should look like this.

Excadrill (Moleman) @ Air Balloon - (M)

Adamant Nature

Sand Rush

252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP

Swords Dance/Protect
X-Scissor/Protect
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Here, get rid of one of the moves for protect. It's your choice. I'd say get rid of Swords Dance because you may not get to set it up.
----------------------------------------------

Garchomp
Ability Sand Veil
Item Life Orb/Choice Band
EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Nature Jolly -Special Attack, + Speed

Move set

Protect
Earthquake
Dragon Claw//Dragon Rush
Fire Fang

Tyranitar (Sulley) @ Leftovers

Adamant Nature

Sand Stream

252 Att/252 Spd/4 Def

Crunch
Stone Edge
Protect
Taunt

If you start with this Pokemon, then you'll be able to use taunt to disrupt. It helps take down those trick room teams.

Galvantula (Arachnoid) @ Choice Specs

Timid Nature

Compound Eyes

252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP

Volt Switch
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Energy Ball

-----------------------------------------------

Latias (RED) @ Choice Scarf

Timid/Modest Nature

Levitate

252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Surf
Hidden Power Fire

The Lati@s will be used. Choice scarf will make this one a sure fire thing. If you have problems getting this Latias, just ask around for one/ HP Fire is IMPORTANT.
-----------------------------------------------

Archeops (MegaParrot) @ Flying Gem

Adamant Nature

Defeatist

252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP

U-turn
Rock Slide
Acrobatics
Earthquake/Protect

I'd recommend replacing Earthquake with Protect because you'll be using Rock Slide more. Keep in mind that 2 Pokemon on your team are weak to this move. You don't want to place yourself in a situation where you have to risk your Pokemon.

Last edited:
i personally love SD on my excadrill. after a boost and sand rush it can sweep so hard. also archeops is ok for this team but once he is below half hes almost dead weight. maybe a gastrodon for the archeops as gastrodon can suck up water moves and is stupidly bulky with the right move set. the rest of the team looks great though. also for fun try a bright powder on the garchomp even though it's kinda cheap.

Back