Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

*Sat Jan 9* Carpinteria/Santa Barbara

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Come on out for the last CC of the season!

Carpinteria is just up the coast from Ventura, almost to Santa Barbara. Our venue is the public library meeting room (thanks to Grinning Gengar) and we'll be able to seat 60 players.

10:45 cutoff for first round loss (decksheet is your registration).

Detailed Info at the link in the sig including map/directions.

Updates here as we go, but feel free to ask questions and chime in if you're coming!

Thanks for asking. The guys in at 3Js in Anaheim may be doing flights; I'm not sure of the local TO at that one but it may be Charizard Breeder.

I don't think we can do flights, and I'm not so hot on them in any case, because it makes people wait around and they get frustrated. I've had enough parents and Masters try to stow a complaint with me at flighted events I've played in (not me! [email protected] is the place). I don't feel like I'm serving the players by doing flights. The Carpinteria Library has a definite closing time for us (6pm) so we have to be done with swiss by then (and hopefully first round of top cut). Flights would make that impossible, so its an overall cap, first come first enrolled.

Doors open at 10 and I should be there before that handing out numbers. When we have 60 players we stop accepting lists. The players with the first 60 numbers have until 10:45 to get in a completed list. If we don't have 60 lists at 10:45, we open it up to players who have lists ready, in number order, until we hit maximum. Depending on if there are byes we can fudge it a player or two.

Hope that helps.

OK, our judge for this event will be Grinning Gengar. We'll be there before 10am handing out deck lists and getting ready to run in and set up. Who all is going to be there?

See you there in a few hours. Well also be doing some poster giveaways as part of our "random goodness".

Hope everyone had a great time. Couldn't convince anyone to do the driving to there or even Anaheim. So next time perhaps. : )

Well, we missed you! Kevin C. won with Palkialux beating Ryan D. with Luxiken in MA.
Chris K. won in JRs. and Nick P. won with SHUPPET in Sr.

Well dang it, my new anti-SP Rapidash deck would have had a chance lol (as Ryan can attest to from league).

Good job to all the winners!

Back