Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scary Monsters-THE Giratina/Ampharos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizardian

Alright, I've tested this and found it to be a completely awesome deck. I will be probably be running it for states, as it's become my favorite deck.

Pokémon: 18
3 Giratina PT (Over Slash)
1 Giratina LV.X PT
3 Ampharos PT
2 Flaafy PT
3 Marrep PT
2 Uxie LA
2 Unown G GE
1 Azelf LA
1 Spiritomb LA

Trainers: 27
4 Premeir Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Bebe's Search
3 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Technical Machine TS-2
2 Warp Point

Energy: 15
6 Psychic Energy
5 Lightning Energy
4 Call Energy

Giratina: Awesome Card. 100 HP Basic and does 10 to everything T2, so Ampharos effect will probably be affecting everything by the time you play it. Not to mention it does a nice 60 for 3 and it's a psychic type, which some good cards in today's game are weak too. And if your opponent's Pokémon is only 20 HP from being knocked you can use Dark Wing Flaps to cause some disruption.

Giratina LV.X: An amazing upgrade to the other. It deals 30 to all of your opponent's for 4 energy, and if they're knocked out there's no way of getting them back. It also forces your opponent to discard a card to attack, which is not good for them if they only have 1 or 2 cards in their hand.

Ampharos: Makes this deck awesome. With Giratina spreading it will be shutting down all of your opponent's Poké-Powers. This kills decks like Regigigas and Dusknoir and cards like Claydol. But don't underestimate it's attacks either: It's first attack will either do 60 for 2 or paralyze them so they can't attack next turn, And for it's second attack you can use to deal 70 and then charge up your Giratina.

Flaafy: Though it's not often used due to candy, it can also spread a little damage, so it's not so bad if it's forced active.

Mareep: A great beginner for Ampharos, it's first attack has a free cost and can get your energy supply going, and it has a nice 60 HP.

Uxie: For drawing more cards, it's obviously used over Claydol because Ampharos can never affect it since you use it when it's played.

Unown G: A staple used in any deck, used for blocking out Dusknoir and Gengar, but most importantly Machamp, as Giratina, your main attacker, is a basic.

Azelf: A nice tech in case Giratina LV.X is prized.

Spiritomb: Every spread deck must have this, it can add on to the spread damage and with Super Scoop Up you will be likely doing it more than once

Premier Ball: A guaranteed way of Getting Giratina LV.X, you can even get him from the discard pile!

Rare Candy: To skip from Mareep right onto Ampharos

Super Scoop Up: To bring back your Pokémon if they have heavy damage on them, but also used in a good combo with Spiritomb. 4 almost ensures you will get at least one heads.

Bebe's Search: Get's any Pokémon, and reduces your hand to have a combo with Uxie.

Night Maintenance: Space-Time Distortion is an acceptable substitute, but I use this 'cuz I'm poor. But it still gets Giratina X back if it's knocked out, and with Premier Ball it's right back into your hand.

Roseanne's Research: Get's both Basics and Energy. Awesome Card.

Cynthia's Feelings: My goodness, I still can't believe how awesome this card is. If your in a jam and drawing nothing and one your Active's about to be knocked, this can change the entire game around.

Technical Machine TS-2: As this deck does a lot of Spread Damage, this card can knock out Pokémon even quicker.

Warp Point: Both Giratina and Ampharos have a considerable amount of retreat, so this card is ran.

Call Energy:: Gets basics and can pay for attacks. Awesome.

Psychic: For Giratina

Lightning: For Ampharos

So there are a couple of weaknesses to this deck, mainly Dialga LV.X, but against G decks Giratina can OHKO Toxicroak and has enough HP to keep him alive.

Not a bad build, its very similar to what I was thinking of using, though I ran more lighting pokemon. I would suggest maybe adding in a Zapdos or 2 from MD, as its power when it works is similar to spiritomb. I would also remove 2 of the premier ball as you only have the 1 lvl X, so I don't see the need for so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back