Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

sceptile ex+alakazam=no opponent powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no idea of what deck to play after the rotation and i thought of this idea.

pokemon:22

3 abra
3 alakazam
3 treecko d
2 grovile d
3 sceptile ex d
2 uxie
2 azelf
2 mesprit
2 budew

trainers:23

3 holons mentor
4 bebes search
4 rare candy
2 team galactic wager
2 night maintenence (the one that has you search your discard for 3 pokemon/basic energy)
3 phobies statium
2 rowans research
3 holon adventurer

energys:15

psychic 10
scramble 3
cyclone 2

well the idea is to stop your opponent from using their powers with alakazam and stop their ex powers with sceptile ex. now a big problem with the alakazam is that kadabra isnt real anymore so i have to use the candys and abras attack. i have the 3 lake pokemon in there for decent starters and budew to get my candys or stadiums if i need them. other good starters i was thinking of were lickitung d or chingling and chimechoe the chingling would let me search for my mentors and other valuable supporters and then i could evolve into chimecho and draw 3 for one energy. i was also thinking of putting in latilock and plus pwers/strength charmfor that extra damage.

any advice would be quite helpful.

Humm some magician noob got offended about WOTC using Kadabra as a card name and Sued... WOTC won but we still dont print the card to "Avoid further contreversy.....". IMO its pretty stupid...

Not a bad idea but when you get to discarding to much what are you going to do?...

thats what i had the night maintenence cards in there for was so that i could get back energys and pokemon. or i could just discard my extra uxie azelf and mesprits late game if i dont need them. should i play more of them to make sure i dont end up regreting what i discard?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

i just thought of how the alakazam would work with shiftry ex from cg, they would take damage for using there power then i could stop it from working so that all they acomplish is hiting themselves for 20. would that work anygood?

Last edited:
your only problem is are there any ex pokemon powers besides alaria ex d? any way take out

-1alakazam will never use three at all, 2 is enough to prevent prizing
-1abra
-1budew or up to 4budew
-3scramble worthless in a deck primarily ex and basics

+2 more uxie or which ever you prefer
+1holons castform search it out of the deck
+1psychic
+1warp energy or cyclone energy
+1copycat or other drawing card

Last edited:
Humm some magician noob got offended about WOTC using Kadabra as a card name and Sued... WOTC won but we still dont print the card to "Avoid further contreversy.....". IMO its pretty stupid...

Not a bad idea but when you get to discarding to much what are you going to do?...

So there is no Kadabra in this set? Can you link me some more info on that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back