Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sceptile VS Azelf Lv X

ice_brakerz

According to Azelf Lv X you do damage "attach" to all of your opponents pokemon, but sceptile body says that for "each energy it provides 2 grass energy"

so how much damage counters do i put on my pokemon - the number of energy attach all? or the number provided?

secondly for claydols cosmic power can i draw if i put ZERO back into the deck??? and what happens if the TO says you can ?? when i know you can't?? does he get to play by his rules

Deep Balance vs. Wild Growth - this ruling will help you out:
Compendium LvX said:
Q. How does the Tangrowth errata affect "Power Whip" with Sceptile's "Wild Growth" in play?
A. Tangrowth does 10 damage for each Energy from basic Energy cards – 1 basic Grass Energy card provides 2 Energy, so it would do 20 total damage. (Feb 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Just as with Power Whip, Deep Balance will count the total amount of Energy (not Energy Cards)... so 5 grass basic energy attached on your opponents field, will cause deep balance to place 10 counters, if Wild Growth is in effect.

As to Cosmic Power, you can't put zero under the deck and get to draw 6 because 0 is not part of 'up to' any more. This ruling will help you:
http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium-lvx.html#103

From here down is NOT a ruling, just my advice:
If you know this is going to happen, print that page from the Compendium and ask your TO if he/she will have time to discuss a ruling with you before the tourney.

When a judge/TO makes a bad call, POLITELY ask to appeal to the HJ or to discuss it further. Ask if you can use a copy of the Compendium (they should have one on hand) to discuss it. Keep YOUR behavior polite and respectful no matter what. IF that doesn't work, those are the breaks (tell yourself that in advance, so you don't melt down) but you can 'report a problem' with the tournament; I can pretty much guarantee you POP looks at every one of those reports. We have an excellent write-up on how to do that stickied in the Tournaments and Organized Play forum.

Back