3 – Rare Candy
2- Pokemon Nurse
2 – Switch
2 – Low Pressure System
1 – Town Volunteers

Energy – 14
11 – :grass:
3 – Boost

Strategy – With more and more Water decks becoming rampant because of Blaze Ex I decided to play Sceptile because of the Water resistance and because it has such undercosted attacks its not funny. Basically this is a Sceptile Swarm with Sceptile R&S for its energy Trans and then Pokemon Nurse combo. Also with the Green Heal Attack its major annoyance trying to ko the Sceptile. Basically the only thing that can OHKO it is Blaze EX. Fortunately I usually outspeed my opponent and get a 3rd Turn Sceptile doing 100 damage with Boost Energy. What you say Outspeed but how with no Delcatty combo? Its not needed and I usually find that attaching the energy to Treecko 1st turn and getting the advantage by doing damage 1st. Also the TA Seviper is usually used to draw the 4 cards. Sometimes if I start with it I can always call for family. The Wurmple is better than Dunspacre in this deck because of getting all the Treeckos I need. The Ditto’s are tech for Ray and even Energy Trans 4 energy to use a Volcanic Ash attack against a Blaze EX. This deck has enough speed to keep pace and mainly dish out early damage for the win.

An idea would be..

Pokemon: 21
4 Roselia
4 Dunsparce
4 Treeko
2 Grovyle
3 Sceptile (Energy Trans)
2 Sceptile EX
2 Wobbuffet

Energy: 17
11 Grass
3 Rainbow
3 Boost

Trainers: 22
4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
4 POR
4 Pokemon Nurse
3 Rare Candy
2 Crystal Shard
2 Weakness Guard
1 Town Volunteers

Give or take a few cards, depending on your area/your playing style.

Word Up Hero. Thats an idea. I dont like the Roselia but I do know what you mean. I definately need a 2nd R&S SCeptile though. Thanks.

You could get rid of them and add a faster draw engine - skitty/delcatty, and maybe make way for fisherman :O

A lot of flexibility from sceptile decks.

or you can take it out for a whalemer and walord from rs seems good to tech fire good for boost and stuff

Hero said:
An idea would be..

4 Roselia
4 Dunsparce
4 Treeko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile EX
2 Wobbuffet

11 Grass
3 Rainbow
3 Boost

4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
4 POR
4 Pokemon Nurse
3 Rare Candy
2 Crystal Shard
2 Weakness Guard
1 Town Volunteers

*sarcasm*HM...I WONDER WHERE YOU GOT THIS LIST, HERO! IT LOOKS FAMILIAR, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER WHERE IT CAME FROM. OH YEAH, I REMEMBER NOW!*sarcasm*

SuperWooper said:
4 Roselia
4 Dunsparce
4 Treeko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile EX
2 Wobbuffet

11 Grass
3 Rainbow
3 Boost

4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
4 POR
4 Pokemon Nurse
3 Rare Candy
2 Crystal Shard
2 Weakness Guard
1 Town Volunteers

=/

Hero and Wooper only 10 draw cards? how will that keep up with the current meta? in his version he has 17 draw cards, to be able to swarm Sceptile's, so like huh?

Johny stay with ur version, the only thing I'd do would be to drop a TA Seviper for the second Sceptile RS, or drop a LPS, which is useful but not VITAL to the decks strategy.

GL with the deck

-MuD

Yeah Mud - Good idea. I was trying to figure what card to take out to add in 1 more R&S Sceptile. I'll try the LPS. Its useful though aand I will keep 1 in. It has saved my butt so many times. The Wurmple doesnt die to a Wobby ko which happened in my final game against BJJ in the finals. He thought he had ko'd Wurmple just to realize that Wurmple has 60 hp instead of 50 with LPS in play. :D

Mudkip said:
Hero and Wooper only 10 draw cards? how will that keep up with the current meta? in his version he has 17 draw cards, to be able to swarm Sceptile's, so like huh?

Johny stay with ur version, the only thing I'd do would be to drop a TA Seviper for the second Sceptile RS, or drop a LPS, which is useful but not VITAL to the decks strategy.

GL with the deck

-MuD

;///// dude.. as you can see in one of my posts I stated the use of delcatty. Thanks for reading all the posts. Not to mention the post that I put up also has 4 POR, 4 TV reporter.. you could just add delcatty (which in my opinion is a much faster version) and max the oracles. This will give you a definite draw engine capable of matching up with "the current meta." He chose not to go w/ it, but it was just an idea.

And yes wooper I just dug up some random old post/deck list (even if it was yours oh no!) and posted it up. cry. It was just an example.

Last edited:
Yeah, in that scenario it helped alot, but wobb'll take 3 turns to power up and thats 3 turns u can search for it, and thinking about it, i think id drop the Seviper tathjer than the LPS

-MuD

I think you could give this a try..

Get rid of these: thats *IF* you want to play delcatty
4 – Wurmple (Dragon)
3 – TA Seviper
2 – Ditto
3 – TA Schemer

+4 Dusnarpce
+2-2 Skitty/delcatty line
+2 crystal shard
+2 green energy

-1 PETM
+1 Rare Candy
-1 POR
+1 Oracle
-1 something else
+1 fisherman ;/

LMK what you think

Last edited:
Imperial said:
uh.. does he mean ditto from Fossil? the only other one is skyridge, whats that do.

Poke-body - Prismatic Body
Each basic energy card attached to ditto provides every type but only provides 1 at a time.

[1] copy - choose 1 of the defending pokemons attacks. copies that attack. this attack does nothing if ditto doesnt have the energy nessacary to use that attack. (you must still do anything else required in order to use that that attack).

Situation:
Opp has rayquaza active.

Ditto has 2 energy attached.

Ditto copies dragon burst's: RL requirements because of prismatic body; thus acting the same way as a multi energy + fire energy (b/c it provides every type, once again). Ditto discards both and attacks (just like ray), ray dies horribly for 80 dmg x2 weakness.

Last edited:
hero the wurmples are definitely staying in here... they're better the sparce for the deck, believe me.
and i do like the deck and i think you could go for a holo sceptile for maybe late game, the lizard poison... that thing is so fun imo... sleep, poison and burn is pretty nice, plus having 120 hp is nice as well, but thats just my opinion, maybe drop an ex and go 2-1-2 on the sceps... looks good tho.

I know wurmples are cool, but IF (saying IF) he'd like to give the delcatty line a try, thats what the dunsparce are for. Other than that, the deck looks great.

ya, but ive ran that with delcatty, and its too much space for all the stuff.
like it would work in theory, but with wurmple and without the delcatty is prolly best.

JohnnyBlaze said:
Pokemon – 19
4 – Treecko
3 – Grovyle
2 – Sceptile EX
2 – Sceptile R&S (Energy Trans)
4 – Wurmple (Dragon)
2- Cascon
2- dustox

Trainers – 24
4 – Professor Oak’s Research
4 – TV Reporter