Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scholarship related questions.

Blueblue

Hello!

If i said i´m a little confused with scholarships, that´d be a big lie. I have almost no idea how these work, even though i´ve fully read the information sites for those. Main thing i guess is that, in USA at least they should be easily useable, while everything costs. In Finland however, we have very high taxes and loads of money go to living. However, about everything, including universities and high schools, is free.

So, first of all, what are the requirements for receiving the scholarship? Do i need to provide for example, all the documents of books, equipment(****, we have to pay for pens, that´s 0,5 dollars wow) and all, gather that next 10 years and try to get my scholarship?

Or, is it enough that i can prove that i´m a student at high school/university, and studying actively?

Also, the necessary equipment for studies can be two sided. As told, we have no yearly fees, or school uniforms or anything like that. However, i for one need a rental house&car for my studies, but these aren´t anything that the program includes i think.

In short, in a right forward way, how i can possibly get any use for the reward i won?

Blueblue, we have the same issue in Norway. The concept of scholarship can be confusing to our players too, since school and university is completely free in Norway. Pens are - as you say - very cheap equipment, but scholarship winners in Norway have in the past used the money for more expensive equipment like laptop computers. Latop computer is the only example I know of, but there should be loads more. I suggest you'd ask Danish and Norwegian scholarship winners about what they spent their money on.

But if i take right what you say, they do need receipts for everything you´ve bought. Also, while i have 8,500 of scholarship money to be used, i could always buy 6 laptopts&sell them forward, but that´d be quite suspicious. For how to ask them, i don´t really know, since there´s no "european forum" as far as i know.

Also what confuses me, is can i have that money before investing something, or after. What i do know, is that they won´t send parts of the scholarship, so have to request whole 7500 at once. However, I`M A STUDENT! My monthly income goes around 200 euros after paying rent, how on earth i´m ever going to be able to buy something worth of 7500 dollars in total, until i´ve actually long ago graduated away. If i´ve understood it right, this scholarship won´t help my studies at least, at all.

Last edited:
Scholarships are supposed to refund you in a way money that you have already spent. If your University is free, you don't need the money do you? You're not supposed to pay rent with it, you're supposed to pay schooling needs. The money you have is not cash you earned.

You can use the scholarship to buy any school-related thing. Books, a laptop etc. I'd email PUI and ask them about it.
However, I`M A STUDENT! My monthly income goes around 200 euros after paying rent, how on earth i´m ever going to be able to buy something worth of 7500 dollars in total, until i´ve actually long ago graduated away.
I guess you don't have a credit card?

Scholarships are supposed to refund you in a way money that you have already spent. If your University is free, you don't need the money do you? You're not supposed to pay rent with it, you're supposed to pay schooling needs. The money you have is not cash you earned.

I dunno, at least where I go to college here in the US, the university actually gives us any excess monies back from things like scholarships, etc.

That's different from the scholarship money you win at Pokemon events. There's a whole section on the scholrship papers saying how Pokemon encourages education. But if your expenses don't reach the amount of money one has earned, as that is what I think blueblue is implying, then you can't justify having already spent that money and you will not get a 'refund' for money you have no spent yet.

You'd still be using the money in your scholarly pursuit. Why can't you have it? Plenty of people who got scholarships in the US simply sold them to people who could use them for cash.

For example, transferring your 7500 scholarship to someone for 5000 USD.

I´ve unfortunately used my best bet already, and emailed POP already - i got an "automatic message" that linked their scholarship conditions...

Why i´m asking hear, is mainly because i´d like to know how people have gotten their scholarships.

Pablo: Congrats, you just proved that you´ve one of those guys, who can´t think a system can´t work in any other way, than it works in the US. Studying is way more expensive in here, as far as i know. The money is just lifted off in different ways.

I´ve unfortunately used my best bet already, and emailed POP already - i got an "automatic message" that linked their scholarship conditions...

Why i´m asking hear, is mainly because i´d like to know how people have gotten their scholarships.

Pablo: Congrats, you just proved that you´ve one of those guys, who can´t think a system can´t work in any other way, than it works in the US. Studying is way more expensive in here, as far as i know. The money is just lifted off in different ways.

Uh no, I completely understand how eduation systems work in other places around the World. Your expenses in college probably go to housing expenses, books, and any other materials you need to buy, depending on your major. My suggestion is, try and save every single receipt for anything school related, and use THOSE to justify asking for your scholarship money, but if the expenses you have that are solel related to college aren't as high as your scholarship, you'll have a hard time justifying that to POP and thus won't be getting your money any time soon.

Back