Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scizor/Cherrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlion

Deck my child has been using. This deck has made Top 4 twice (2nd and 3rd) any advice to get it over the top to take 1st. (lost to a Raichu deck think play error was main cause of loss, and the dreaded Magmortar deck).

Pokemon: 14

4 Scyther
4 Scizor
3 Cherubi
3 Cherrim

Trainers/Supporters/Stadium

4 Quickball
4 Pokedex Handy910is
4 Plus Power
3 Great Ball
3 Night Maintenance
2 Pokeball
1 Luxury Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
3 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Professor Rowan
2 Dawn Stadium

Energy

12 Grass

Strategy

Basically this deck is loaded with fast play trainers to search out your Pokeman. Great Ball seems to work great getting out the Cherubi and making QuickBall much better getting the evolutions. Pokedex is in there for quick non supporter draw and to run through the deck faster. Best idea is to play out your hand fast and then Cynthia or Rowan for a new hand. I used a 3-3 Cherrim instead of 4-4 making it a little better odds of starting with Scyther and to keep him from playing out to many bench spots against a Dusknoir deck (idea is active Scizor, 2 bench Cherrim and bench Scizor). Pokeball I am not a big fan of but when you get heads you can get anything you want so only 2 of those to go along with the rest of the ball type engine. 3 Night Maintenance to try and get back knocked out Scizors ASAP (since the deck runs so few you need all you have especially when one is usually prized.) Dawn Stadium is only a counter stadium in this deck. The only card that once was in this deck that is a tough choice is Buck's Training but was getting logged down with to many supporters in hand, so not sure. Well thanks and let me know what you think.

My 2 cents worth...
Without making it a dup of mine..

Add
unown G and/or E and/or chatot

Poke Blower
warp points

IMO you could take out the great balls, pokeballs and pokedex to fit this stuff in.

I would tweak some of the other trainers too, but that would put you to a Dup of my list.

GL and Have fun!

I built this same deck for my kinds ... we run it with 3 Unown E ( Equip ) and attach it to the Scizors to avoid the 100 attack KO's and have one more turn ( it works , saved matches many times ) , 2 warp points and 3 poke radars. Sometimes you don't get anything, but 7 /10 times you get at least 2 pokemons ... odds are that in the long run you get more than with the other trainers.

I had the Bucks Trainings also, and took them out for the Poke radars .. I don't run th poke balls either as I dislike flippys also. This build leaves the kids most of the time with 2 or 3 cards to play instead of just stalling with one supporter a turn.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm...Unown E?? Never thought of it. Sounds pretty good. But, I have to say that my hubby built our son a very good deck and the key with kids is definitly consistency!!! Good job hun!

i would take out the great ball poke ball leaving 5 empty spots then i would tech in a Drifblim 1-1 line storm front it doenst have a pokepower and free retreat and is great to build a scyther up in a short amount of time with lifting and also tech in one maybe 2 unown q for its pokepower quick it may have low hp but it will give your scizor or even cherrim free retreat and even maybe 1 unown g for guard hopefully these things will help the deck set up even faster

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

oh yeah almost forgot 2 warppoints are needed to swtch out oppenents active they are better than poke blower because you wont need two mabye take out 1 night maintainence and 1 dawns stadium or 2 NM because the deck doesnt really need to put to many cards back into the deck its fast enough that not to much needs to get sent back

hope these 2 messages help well good luck

Last edited:
Our son did awesome with this deck!!! Placing in Top 4 at EVERY tournament he attended with Scizor/Cherrim. It's definitly a great deck!! My hubby builds sweet decks!! HE HE

uuuh the only thing that i could think of that no one else said is to add some water for the magmortar disadvantage maybe uh i have no clue but some one who sets up easy with power like scizor hope you can find some thing :)

I personally used and still use Torkoal on occasion in my scizor deck. 50 or 60 with possible burn and paralysis? Yes, please. Also, it's body is a bench protector. Throw in 4 multi energy and you're good to go. It takes 1 F , 1 C

unown E is pretty good in this kinda deck. most people think the have the adv. against kindra.
!!WRONG!! any smart kingdra player will dragon pump for 40, then on the next turn screw you over
by using it again for 60. thats a KO! but wait you could retreat then send in another scizor and
hopefully the KO, but if you cant, agian youre completly screwed! why because kingdra has the
amazing 1 retreat cost as well. switch and destroy, the whole point of a kingdra deck, you take
damage well bring in a new one and use that one. its annoying! but with unown E giving you that extra
10hp, you should at least last 3 turns and it should be enough to at leats criple 2 kingdra. i run into
this problem all the time, regigigas is another one of those problem causers, but unown E ussually
gets the job done right. i personly dont play any (i also have none) but ive tested my scizor deck
with Es in it against kingdra i did a lot better.

good luck, team neXt level

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there's Gigas in the metagame where you are, but if there is then I would suggest teching in an Unown E. I'd also suggest adding a couple of warp points and a Chatot to compliment them. When you play against Gigas (and Dusknoir), you'll be wanting to get around theirmain attackers and KO whatever you can on their bench which is very easy to do when you warp point them and free retreat with a Chatot. There's some other stuff I'd take out (like quick balls, 1-2 NM), but that's just because it fits my playstyle better. GL with it

4 x Scizor 25/100 SF
4 x Scyther 46/100 MD

2 x Cherrium 14/100 SF
2 x Cherubi 56/100 SF

2 x Chatot 56/100 MD

Supporters/Trainers-33
4 x Bebe's search

4 x Roseanne's Research

4 x Team Galactic's Mars

4 x Plus Power

4 x Poke Ball

3 x Quick Ball

2 x Marley's Request

2 x Night Maintenance

2 x Switch

1 x Warp point

1 x Luxury ball

1 x Prof. Rowan

1 x Cynthia's fellings

Energies-13
13 x Grass Energy

My 2 cents I play tested this deck it works great

Well lets see.... scizor is...GRASS, cherim is...(even though you do not attack with him...SNIPING)...GRASS so i was thinking maybe a 1-1 SHAYMIN LV. X.

But you know me....

(lol but on a serious note, I think that shaymin lv. x would really help out the scizor.
Who knows maybe I will run this in the future!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back