Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scizor: Does it need Cherrim?

Typhlosion King

I'm playing scizor with 1-1 skyform tech. I've heard of people playing scizor with lots of cherrim. I could see this ruining your game start. Instead of doing t2 80 with scizor, you're doing 30 with cherrim because if you retreat for 1, scizor won't have enough energy charged up.

I am playing 1-2 cherrim to stop bad starts. Are lots of cherrim needed, or is scizor better alone?

TBH I wouldn't use Scizor at all, as it has a very hard time against anything with Dialga G lv.x in it.

i personally feel that yes Scizor does need Cherrim because if you don't your only hitting for 70 or 30 each turn and thats not enough. that and to deal with the retreat cost i use 1 Unown Q. Shaymin sky form is definitely under rated, especially in a Scizor deck where your opponent is looking to OHKO your Scizors. what are your thoughts on how to play Shaymin Lv X(land)? i think if your going to play it you still need to run Unown E just in case of a Blaziken.

Last edited:
Yes you do. Especially if your Scizor isn't ready. You can bring up a Cherrim and do 30 to 40 damage for free while healing.

Back