Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scizor/Electrode/Electivire FB [RR-on]

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeefi

Hello PokeGym Community! Would love to hear suggestion(s) and criticism on my recent deck.

This deck is strictly based on RR-on sets. Would still want to play against the current format.

Pokemons: 22
3 Spiritom (3)
3 - 3 Scizor (Prime) (6)
2 - 2 Electvire FB LV X (4)
2 - 2 Electrode Prime (4)
1 - 1 Lanturn Prime (2)
1 Lucario GL (1)
1 - 1 Shaymin Lv X (2)

T/S/S: 22
Trainer: 8
2 Research record
2 Warp Point
2 Expert Belt
2 Junk Arm

Supporter: 14
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Seeker
2 Twins

Energies: 15
4 Special Metal Energy
7 Basic Metal Energy
4 Special Rainbow Energy

This deck showcases Scizor Prime not by its Poke-Body, but by focusing on its attack Metal Scissors. I want to focus on Scizor Prime by swarming my bench with it.

This deck relies on Spiritomb AR for its early game set-up. It is much faster than Smeargle UD/CoL and Skarmory UD/CoL.

Electrode Prime is the energy engine of this deck. By using its Poke-Power: Energymite, it greatly accelerates the energy accumulated into play. Partnered with Research Record(s), we are looking at 3-4 energies being attached in a turn! I am aware that Interviewer's Question nets me for energy cards without discarding everything else. Electrode Prime is SO much better simply because it allows me to attach these energy cards right away, contrary to the supporter version which only puts the energies into my hand. The difference is subtle, but it makes a world of difference.

Electivire FB Lv X has great synergy with both Electrode and Scizor. Electrode Prime powers up Electivire FB Lv X as well, so it is a viable back up damage dealer. Electivire FB Lv X may also be used for energy recovery, pumping up my Active/Benched Scizor if needed. The move "Dump and Draw" may be a sub-par draw power worth mentioning.

This deck is extremely susceptible against Power Spray.

Last edited:
Take out 2 Rainbow Energy for 2 DCE. This will allow Electivire FB lv X to attack quick (if needed...)
also, why so few Warp Points and switches? They are GREAT for getting E-vire X out of the active when you really need it. (3 retreat is nasty...)
I'd also add some Judge to get rid of a possible Power spray in SP decks.
A tech that i've been thinking about adding to MY scizor/electivire deck (I call it Claws of Life.) was 1) Lanturn Prime, and 2) Luxray G lv X (if I can get one...)
Lanturn because it counters the fire weakness, and Luxray just in case of the mirror match up (OR an umbreon match-up) to get rid of the pokemon that's walling your attacks.

That is all. :)
hope I helped.

Take out 2 Rainbow Energy for 2 DCE. This will allow Electivire FB lv X to attack quick (if needed...)
also, why so few Warp Points and switches? They are GREAT for getting E-vire X out of the active when you really need it. (3 retreat is nasty...)
I'd also add some Judge to get rid of a possible Power spray in SP decks.
A tech that i've been thinking about adding to MY scizor/electivire deck (I call it Claws of Life.) was 1) Lanturn Prime, and 2) Luxray G lv X (if I can get one...)
Lanturn because it counters the fire weakness, and Luxray just in case of the mirror match up (OR an umbreon match-up) to get rid of the pokemon that's walling your attacks.

That is all. :)
hope I helped.

Hey! Thanks for your reply! After reading your reply, I have thought of changes that are correlated to the ones you suggested.

Instead of adding more Switch/Warp Point, I think I'll add 2 Junk Arms instead for more versatility! Which cards should I remove though.

Instead of removing 2 Rainbow Energies, Ill remove 2 Lightning Energies to add 2 Double Colorless Energies. The Rainbow Energy is very important to keep Scizor's damage consistency while providing :lightning: energy for Electivire.

Great idea on the Lanturn Prime tech! That seems so much better than SRL! I'm also considering Lucario GL as a tech against Umbreon UD/Mirror Match Up. It's too awesome, I don't know how I missed it!

2 Judge(s) are already present in the original decklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back