Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scizor , Metagross , Forretress - I believe it has great potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaej

Ok, this is NOT a simple variant of Scizor, Metagross, Pidgeot in that the only thing they really share is Scizor ex.

Let's start with the list :

Pokemon 22

Pineco x 3
Forretress x 3
Beldum x 3
Metang x 2
Metagross HL x 3
Scyther UF x 2
Scizor ex x 2
Slugma DX x 2
Magcargo DX x 2 (smooth over)

Trainers x 24

3 x Pokemon Reversal
3 x Great Ball
3 x Energy Root
2 x Copycat
2 x Steven's Advice
3 x Professor Elm's Training Method
3 x Swoop! Teleporter
3 x Rare Candy
2 x TV Reporter

Energy x 14

4 x Metal Energy
4 x Boost Energy
3 x Psychic Energy
3 x Fire Energy

Ok, the idea here is to get out Forretress early game. Use Metals and/or Boost Energy to hit the opponent hard and early, knocking out his/her Pokemon before they have time to develop. Then, using Forretress' Pop, transfer metal energy to Scizor ex who can use the energy to become a steel wall. Then, if you feel it is necessary, you can use Metagross HL's Metal Juncture to transfer the energy immediately back to the same/different Forretress depending on whether or not it survived the pop (it will if you attach Energy Root and are lucky enough to where your opponent cannot take out the 20HP it has remaining). Have the Forretress Pop again, most likely knocking out the target (or close to it) and transfer energy back to Scizor ex. At this point, Forretress will almost definitely be knocked out, so pull out Scizor and start cleaning up after Forretress' popping. Slugma/Magcargo were added into the deck for help getting energy out as well as anything else I may need, I'm open to suggestions here as that puts the deck to 4 lines of Pokemon. If there is a better alternative for energy, please let me know.

- Xaej

Last edited:
Hmmm..... interesting.
Maybe try it like this:

-2 Staryu
-2 Starme
-1 Pineco
-1 Forretress
-1 Swoop!
-1 Energy Root
-1 Copycat
-3 Water

+2 Slugma
+2 Cargo (smooth ova)
+4 TV Reporter (for Macargo)
+1 Reversal
+2 Psychic
+1 Warp Energy

Cargo could be good in here. Then again, I've never tried out the deck, so I donno.

I thought over Magcargo as well, but that's still giving me 4 lines. I'd like to have 3 tops if I can find a non-Pokemon way of getting out Metal Energies.

- Xaej

You could use Holon-Researcher it let you pull a meatel from your deck but you have to discard a card to use it.

Edited in 2/2 Magcargo by removing 2/2 Starmie DS. Also Edited in 2 TV Reporter for 1 Copycat and 1 PETM.

- Xaej

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back