Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

scoop up, super scoop up, or scoop up cyclone REMOVE COUNTER?

guilleg33

Hello folks, i have a doubt about scoop up usage. There were a lot of years out of fields on tcg, and now i put in discussion with my friends about a rule.

If i have a pokemon (active or benched) with damage counters on it and i use scoop up for example blissey: (so, i put in my hand chansey and blissey and i discard energy card attached on them). At the moment to put down again chansey, i must put again the damage counters it had before i use scoop up? or scoop up removes all damage counters at the moment i put the pokemon in my hand?

When a Pokemon leaves play, attack effects, damage counters, Special Conditions, and all other effects are removed.

So if you put a Pokemon that was in play back to your hand, and then put it to the Bench, it is considered a "new" Pokemon - no damage is on it and it cannot normally Evolve. If it has a "once per turn" Ability/POWER, it can even use it again!

Last edited by a moderator:
so... if i have 2 benched kadabra or 2 benched warturtle.... i can use for example Alakazam´s damage swap or blastoise rain dance more than one time if i use scoop up? i didn´t know!, are you sure? two rain dance for same blastoise per turn using scoop up is really broken.

You wouldn't have to use anything to be able to Damage Swap or Rain Dance multiple times during the same turn - both state "As often as you like during your turn (before your Attack)". So you can Rain Dance as many Water Energy cards as you like during your turn.

Here's a good post to help with the "Once during your turn" Powers/Abilities that do not have the "as often as you like" phrase: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?186515-Once-per-turn-abilities

Damage Swap and Rain Dance mention moving one damage counter or playing one Water energy card, but those are not per turn restrictions.
That's just how many you move or play for each use of the Power/Ability.
As BJJ notes, since you can use each power as often as you like, there are no limits to how many damage counters you move or Water Energy cards you play other than just moving counters around to waste time.

really? LOL! wow, i had no idea about that, in fact i thought decks had x4 blastoise or x4 alakazam for a stronger poke-body sinergy. I love classical cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's just so that they maximize their chances of getting those key cards into play.

ok, i have a last doubt about this....

If i use scoop up, can i put down the pokemon again in the same turn? for example...

I have 10 hp active wartortle, and 30 hp Abra on my bench. Can i scoop up wartortle and just then put squirtle again in my bench? Then retreat abra (non cost requiered) and put squirtle again as active, match an energy and atack. Would be possible?

Back