Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Scoop(Vanilluxe/fliptini) for cities(hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

Okay, so I have tested this deck a bit and I really like it and hopefully will take it to cities. So, here it is.

Pokemon:
3-2 Ursaring Prime
4-2-4 Vanilluxe
3-2-3 Vileplume
2 Fliptini(Victory Star Victini)
1 Cleffa

T:S:S:
4 P.comm.
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Rare Candy
2 N
3 Sage's Training
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Cheren

NRG:
8 :water:
2 :colorless::colorless:
3 rainbow

Basic strategy of the deck is to consistently paralyze them with vanilluxe's double freeze attack. Fliptini helps with getting the consistent paralysis because victory enables you to reflip the coins you flip for double freeze. Now, if anyone has seen decklists before with this deck,a dn just knows how to build stage 2 lines, will probably notice I run a 3-2-3 of vanilluxe and vileplume. It was a 3-1-2 and 3-2-2 for vileplume and vanilluxe(vileplume being 3-1-2 and vanilluxe 3-2-2) but I found I didn't get them out fast enough so I boosted it to 3-2-3.

So, comment with your thoughts. All comments are appreciated ^.^

Kthx

~N.

Last edited:
Drop
0-0-1 plume
0-0-1 vanilla
2 N
1 candy

Add
1-0 urasing prime
1. Sages
1 pont
1 cheren
1 coll
Posted with Mobile style...

Drop
0-0-1 plume
0-0-1 vanilla
2 N
1 candy

Add
1-0 urasing prime
1. Sages
1 pont
1 cheren
1 coll
Posted with Mobile style...

You had suggestions in here I understand why you suggested it, but most of those I had in the deck and took out because I found them to not be useful xD. I do kind've like the idea of one more cheren, but I'm not to possitive on it.

I wouldn't play Ursaring in this. Teddiursa is nice, but not really worth all the deck space it takes up.
Play a 4-4-4 Line Vanilluxe (so you'll be able to replace it immediately under Trainer Lock), 3-2-2 Vileplume (you could also add a Bellosom), 2 Victini, 1 Cleffa and 1 Pichu. You don't need more Pokémon. After removing Ursaring, take out the Rainbows/DCEs for 4 Rescue Energys.
You're playing way too little Supporters. I'd play 4 Collector, 4 Twins, 4 Cheren, 3 N, 1-2 Sage and 1 Pont.

I wouldn't play Ursaring in this. Teddiursa is nice, but not really worth all the deck space it takes up.
Play a 4-4-4 Line Vanilluxe (so you'll be able to replace it immediately under Trainer Lock), 3-2-2 Vileplume (you could also add a Bellosom), 2 Victini, 1 Cleffa and 1 Pichu. You don't need more Pokémon. After removing Ursaring, take out the Rainbows/DCEs for 4 Rescue Energys.
You're playing way too little Supporters. I'd play 4 Collector, 4 Twins, 4 Cheren, 3 N, 1-2 Sage and 1 Pont.

I like Ursaring because it can be an easy answer to Yanmegas if I need it. And the milling is nice too. I think my Vanilluxe line is perfect right now. This deck is super consistent as of this point. I have gotten t2 vileplume, ursaring, fliptini, and vanilluxe out in all my games since Imade the most recent updates.

I don't entirely agree with you with the supporters. There are very few rare times that I would ever play 4 collectors, and this is not one of those times. I tested playing 4, and didn't like it. I don't see why I need twins when I am usually ahead on prizes, I cut my N down from 4 to 2 because I would always get it when I didn't necessarily need it, 4 cheren is understandable, I could cut back on Sage's, and I like having 3 ponts beause usually I have them in a hand that I can replenish after I use everything good in it

Why do you need an answer to Yanmega? You OHKO it (if you don't flip 4x tails) while it doesn't, so you should win easily anyway.
You won't be able to get out multiple Vanilluxe under Trainer Lock if you play a 4-2-4 Line. You don't even run Rescue Energy, so you'll get out 2 or 3 Vanilluxe a game at best. That isn't enough to take 6 prizes, ecpecially if your opponent is able to OHKO you (Magnezone).

I don't know what decks you played against, but a Vileplume deck won't be ahead on prizes usually. Twins are just great to set up your two Stage 2s consistently.

How are the match-ups doing? Have you been able to beat top tier decks?

I've played against Reshiphlosion which was a good match up for me, Yanmega/Mangezone was slightly unfavorable for me, and an electrik/zekrom which was unfavorable for me.

---------- Post added 12/01/2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

Why do you need an answer to Yanmega? You OHKO it (if you don't flip 4x tails) while it doesn't, so you should win easily anyway.
You won't be able to get out multiple Vanilluxe under Trainer Lock if you play a 4-2-4 Line. You don't even run Rescue Energy, so you'll get out 2 or 3 Vanilluxe a game at best. That isn't enough to take 6 prizes, ecpecially if your opponent is able to OHKO you (Magnezone).

I don't know what decks you played against, but a Vileplume deck won't be ahead on prizes usually. Twins are just great to set up your two Stage 2s consistently.

Yeah I am planning on adding in another vanillish if not 2 more

How does it OHKO Yanmega?

I played this 1st week of Cities and 3 matches no joking even after Fliptini I flipped quadruple tails!! Its not a deck for people with bad flipping skills. Victini still doesnt help it. Good luck though.

How does it OHKO Yanmega?

I think he's talking about ursaring. which in that case, ursaring does OHKO yanmega with megaton lariat if you drop a rainbow on it to give it that one damage

---------- Post added 12/02/2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

I played this 1st week of Cities and 3 matches no joking even after Fliptini I flipped quadruple tails!! Its not a deck for people with bad flipping skills. Victini still doesnt help it. Good luck though.

Thanks! Yeah I almost always get at least one heads, which I will most of the time not reflip as long as I get that at least 1 heads. I definitely feel that pain for you getting quadruple tails! it sucks! :mad:

I think he's talking about ursaring. which in that case, ursaring does OHKO yanmega with megaton lariat if you drop a rainbow on it to give it that one damage

---------- Post added 12/02/2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

Thanks! Yeah I almost always get at least one heads, which I will most of the time not reflip as long as I get that at least 1 heads. I definitely feel that pain for you getting quadruple tails! it sucks! :mad:

Fair enough, thanks.

One thing I have noticed is that Twins are the best in the deck. I usually start with Teddy or Cleffa and put the lock on or get set up. They will take two prizes and by that point I have my plume up and close to Vinilluxe. Now here is where Twins become God in this deck. You dont OHKO ANYTHING! (almost :p) so for 6-8 turns (3-4 turns to knock out each pokemon till your caught up on prizes) you will get to play twins. I usually burn through my 3-4 Twins and get completely set up at this point. So even though you are now in control of the match you are technically "Losing". I think that is just awesome. This same thing applies to N. You will be behind in prizes for a long time until you make that last surge to win and playing their hand to 3 or less cards will most defiantly help you win. Also Sages is real good in here too. I run 4. It lets you dig 5 cards into your deck and get what you need with the ability to now burn those extra cards that you have. (Collectors, Teddy, Candy, Communiction, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume.)

In your case I would drop from the original list,

-2 Ursaring Prime (only breaks consistency)
-1 Vileplume
-2 DCE
-3 Rainbow
-1 PONT
-2 Cherren

and add

+1 Teddy
+4 Rescue
+1 Collector
+1 Sages
+3 Twins
+1 N

No, as long as you don't flip 4 tails, you technically OHKO everything with Double Freeze (although it takes a few turns usually).

After playing VVV for some time, I realized Cleffa is vital for this deck. In almost every game I used Eek. That's why I would drop the Teddiursas (they're cool but just not needed) & Ursaring and play a second Cleffa together with more Supporters (4 Twins!).

No, as long as you don't flip 4 tails, you technically OHKO everything with Double Freeze (although it takes a few turns usually).

After playing VVV for some time, I realized Cleffa is vital for this deck. In almost every game I used Eek. That's why I would drop the Teddiursas (they're cool but just not needed) & Ursaring and play a second Cleffa together with more Supporters (4 Twins!).

Yeah, I have figured that I don't like Ursaring so I definitely want to take out the lines. I like your idea of putting in 1 more cleffa and 4 twins. I typically don't play more than one cleffa but I will try it ^^

^ One needs to get plume out ASAP. While 4 candy may seem like too much, never go down under 3.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Learn what OHKO means please.
You know what I mean ~.~
Your aim is to KO them without them being able to attack you, that is like OHKOing, although that isn't a real OHKO of course.
But...why do we even discuss about something inconsequential like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back