Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SD Gundam. What do you think?

Dek

Well, the story is a pretty interesting (but then again, all Gundam stories are pretty good), but what do you think about the first "3D Anime" of America? I think it is pretty interesting cuz we now have Gundams that are just about the size of humans and have minds of their (not to mention that they can talk).

Didn't Zoids come before SD Gundam and that featured CG 3D Animation? Anwyay it seems ok but it just doesn't have the same type of heavy action battles that the other gundam series had. This is more of a light action, more story, and comedy type of anime.

well, by "3d anime," I meant that the entire show is computer generated, not just little clips.

I'm a hardcore Gundam Fanatic, and I gotta tell you... I'm tempted to view this in the same light as G Gundam (And I thought that series was pitiful).

The fact that's it's so radically different from the "One Year War" series, (08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, MS Gundam, etc) and the similar Alternate Universe Series (Gundam Wing, Seed, etc) will make most diehard fans of the series take an immediate dislike to it. The fact is, they could have taken ANY running anime series, chibified something it heavily focused on, and made this series.

So before I confuse anyone, I hate the idea of Super Deformed Gundams with the ability to speak, make friends, eyes, etc. Just seems to sway a bit too much from what the MS series originally portrayed.

After seeing the series, though, I cannot deny the animation isn't half bad. And if this sorta thing is your cup of tea, then I'm glad someone is able to enjoy it. I haven't exactly watched enough to see a storyline developing, so I can't comment on that. Everything else looks fine, looks (for all intents and purposes) to be a good Anime.

Just don't expect the Techie Geeks who study Gundams and Mobile Suits as if it were part of their day to day life to take an instant liking to this series (Unless, of course, they're extremely open minded, or have broad tastes).

So in the end, I suppose it's just a matter of taste. Looks fine, it's just that the concept may drive of some people.

I definately like the all the mobile suits that are in the series. They look pretty good (especially in 3D), but I think that Zero #2 (just kidding) is right about the fact that this Gundam series completely drifts away from the original plot of the Federation vs. the Zion (let me know if I spelled it right or not). I do think it is dumb to have Gundams that are smaller than the average Gundam's hand (i've seen the actual size of a gundam hand, just to let ya know). On teh otehr hand, it is nice to see something unique in the gundam series (not that Gundam Wing and G Gundam weren't or anything).

i like it so far, its a charming, light hearted take on the franchise. To quote my sister "Whenever i watch this show i keep finding my self waiting to see 'press start now' pop up on the screen." She actually stole that joke from me, but said it more elequently.

Yeah, i like how its a comedy and just begging to be turned into a video game, imagine it: it would look identical to TV!

As a note, hasnt anyone heard of CUBIX?!!! I believe that preceeded Zoids...

I saw one episode of it and flipped out. I was appalled that a show like that held the name of Gundam. I was expecting something remotely similar to any of the other Gundams. What I got was a show very much like Cubix. I won't watch it again.

And I loved Gundam Wing so much too.

I watched the first five episodes last week, and I'm sorry but I just can't get into it. My daughter affectionally calls it "Gundam Babies" :D. The animation of the mechs and camera angles are decent enough. But the storyline (lack of) and mouthing animation of the human characters just seems really weak to me. Although I must admit, I do like the comic relief of all the little Zakus running around in unison and disarray. Personally I think it would do better in an earlier time slot rather than as part of Toonami.

My $0.02,
- CHRISBO

I have seen some of this series, and from what I concluded, it seemed to be a very "cheesy" series, that took away from the "seriousness" of the Gundam franchise. It doesn't have my interest.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

oh well, we can always wait for the next Gundam Series to come to America in about a few years (Something like Gundam Z, or something)

Fun facts:
- Like all previews SD (Super Deformed) Gundam cartoons, this would seem to be a spoof of the regular Gundam series.
- This is the only SD Gundam to come to America. In fact, it's America first, Japan second.
- Unlike the other SD Gundams, this "SD" actually stands for "Superior Defender"
- Also unlike the others, this is a full series. The others were just one episode direct-to-video dealies.
- Bakunetsumaru is cool.

In layman's terms, BPM likes SD Gundam. It's fun stuff.

Back