Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Seattle Ex Team Magma and Team Aqua Prerelease

Pokeplayer

Hello all..

Here is the Seattle area Pokemon-e EX Team Magma and Team Aqua Prerelease location...

The Game Matrix
8610 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, WA 98499
March 13, 2004
Admission: $20
Registration starts at 11:00 am at the door
Capacity 75+
This is a large store with a very large game playing area.

The tournament structure will be annoucnd on the Pokemon-tcg.com website soon...

Side tournaments will be announced soon...

Please note that the Lakewood City Championship is being held at this location on the following Saturday......

Pokeplayer.......

Hello all.........Here is an update with format and side event info.........

The Game Matrix
8610 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, WA 98499
March 13, 2004
Admission: $20 You get 6 booster packs and a special promo card!!!!!!!!!
Registration starts at 11:00 am at the door
Capacity 75+
This is a large store with a very large game playing area.

The Pre Release tournament structure will be as follows....

EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua is a "Limited/Seal Deck" format. Players will get six booster packs to make a 40-card deck (including energy which will be provided. The tournament will be "Age-Modified Swiss". There will be at least four rounds of swiss with more rounds depending on total particpants. Players will receive a special Promo Card for playing in the Pre-release Tournament. This set will be officially released March 15, 2004. This is the only way to get the cards before the 15th of March release date.

Prizes will be "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs. Prizes will be given to the Top-8 Players in each age group. The prizes are listed below.

Prizes: For Each Age Group: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over

1st Place: One Display of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Boosters (36-Packs)

2nd Place: 18-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

3rd - 4th Place: 9-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

5th - 8th Place: 4-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Tournament Format: Limited Tournament/Sealed Deck

In "Sealed Deck Format", each player will have six booster packs of the Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" set. Players add Basic Energy cards to build a 40-card deck. Basic Energy cards will be provided. Players may only use only the cards that they get from their six booster packs plus basic energy. NO TRADING of cards will be allowed to build your deck. Decklists will be provided and filled out and turned in to play.

Limited decks contain exactly 40 cards. Players are not limited to only 4 of any card. Any extra cards not used in the deck are set aside. (The player keeps these cards) Players play only the cards that they have listed on their Decklist. (Players may not change out any cards in their deck between rounds of play.) Players set aside four Prizes at the start of each game, instead of six.

After the tournament, players are welcome to trade cards with each other ......

Here are the anticipated side events....

Side Events for the Seattle Team Magma and Team Aqua Pre Release

Booster Draft: Cost $15 Each player will be given 5 booster packs to build their decks via the booster draft. IN a booster draft, Each Player opens one pack, picks one card and passes the remainng cards to the left or right. Then the player selects one of the cards from the cards passed to him and passes them along to the next player. This process continues until all the cards of the packs are taken. This process continues, passing to the left and right each round until all 5 packs have been used. Players will then have 30 minutes to build a 40 card deck. Energy will be provided. Prizes will be Team Magma and Team Aqua Booster packs....Exact Prize structure will be annouced at the tournament. I have enough for at least 21 persons, maybe more depending on the Main Tournament attendance....

The reason I am having a booster draft is to provide more product to players because I will not be able to sell product at the Pre Release. Rules state that players may only receive product from playing in an event or as a prize....

For those that want an inexpensive event, I have the following....

Theme Deck Challenge: Cost $5. I have some unlimited theme decks to hand out along with a couple of Base or Base Set 2 booster packs. Players will use the packs and theme deck to build a 40 card deck. Prizes will be booster packs. I have enough for 10 - 12 players.

The Game Matrix closes late so we can play late....If there is enought interest, a Modified constructed tournament would be considered depending on interest...

Pokeplayer
PTO Seattle Area

Hello Seattle area Pre Release Pokemon Players...

Just to let you know, I have received my kit for the event......

See you at the event......

Pokeplayer

Hello all...

Just over a week and a half until the Pre Release...

There will be some interesting cards to give out as prizes...

See you there....

2 questions?Will the theme deck chalenge prizes be base 1 and 2 prize booster packs?2nd question:will the theme deck and booster draft side events be at the same time?

Prizes for the side event theme deck challenge will be Team Magma vs Team Aqua boosters.....

Depending on tournout, most likely the Theme deck challenge and Booster draft will be held at the same timee..

However, we can most likely play late at the Game Matrix and play later tournies if time and interest are there...

Pokeplayer

Booster Draft: Cost $15 Each player will be given 5 booster packs to build their decks via the booster draft. IN a booster draft, Each Player opens one pack, picks one card and passes the remainng cards to the left or right. Then the player selects one of the cards from the cards passed to him and passes them along to the next player. This process continues until all the cards of the packs are taken. This process continues, passing to the left and right each round until all 5 packs have been used. Players will then have 30 minutes to build a 40 card deck. Energy will be provided. Prizes will be Team Magma and Team Aqua Booster packs....Exact Prize structure will be annouced at the tournament. I have enough for at least 21 persons, maybe more depending on the Main Tournament attendance....

well good luck and have fun to all of the players. I'm sorry I can't go because of my stupid calculus final on the same day. It really should be a crime to force anyone to go to class on Saturday.

Well,

I got a phone call from a player in Port Angelos and from players in Portland Ore...

I hope attendance is good..... I am really excited about this set...

It was rumored.....that a PUI official from Redmond/Nintendo may attend the Pre release.....

Let's hope so.!!!!!!!

Pokeplayer
PTO Wa State

I can't wait for tomorrow either! Should be a lot of fun.

Pokeplayer - Can I get copy of the judge schedule? I don't think it went through to me. I want to make sure I have a copy though.

Thanks.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to make like Team Ice and sit this one out. Don't want to miss baseball 4 saturdays in a row. (Chess, pre-release, CC, CC) I hope to see all of you at the CCs. Have fun and don't pull any Blaziken ex. :D

Well,

I am off to the Prerelease...I hope to see lots of players...|

I will report back much later today..........

Pokeplayer

Back