Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Secret Wonders- Lusby, MD 11/4/2007

ninetales1234

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
It's the first prerelease of the year at Aardvark Gym! Prepare for battle!

300 Clubhouse Drive
    Lusby, MD 20657

• Time: November 4th, 2007- Registration begins at 12:00pm. Deckbuilding starts at 1:00pm. Late players will be given losses for the rounds they missed- no exceptions.

• Contacts:
    Aardvark VCG's Website- theanteater.net
    Judges- ninetales1234 (HJ) and titan-girl (PTO)

• Format: Limited- Sealed Deck
    You'll be getting boosters from the latest Pokemon TCG set- Secret Wonders. Check out the set spoiler. Aardvark's will provide basic energy, but you are encouraged to bring your own.

• Tournament Style: Swiss

• Admission: $25; you get six Secret Wonders boosters. Each booster has 10 cards.

• Prizes:
    -Two Secret Wonders boosters for those who complete the event, in addition to the origninal 6 you get for signing up
    -We will augment the standard prizes.
    -A secret prize from POP and a special promo prerelease card
    -Door prizes
  • Make sure you come with:
    -Something to write with (to record your wins/losses)
    -Extra money if you want some food. We sell ice cream, soda, and alot of other stuff.
    -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping.

• Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. Our game room will be closed to all non-Pokemon activities on the day of the prerelease. If you have any questions about the prerelease or anything about Aardvark Gym, post in this thread or PM me.

Thank you all for coming.

Total Attendance: 42
Master: 22
1st- Rob P (Suicidal Pikachu)
2nd- Helen M (Lucario EX)
3rd- John D
Senior: 9
1st- Chris N
2nd- LJ W (dragonite1234)
3rd- Jac L
Junior: 11
1st- Erik L
2nd- Zillah P
3rd- ???

Props
-Aardvark VCG, for providing boosters for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, in addition to what POP provides:smile:

You should have made t4 play eachother, instead of the stupid opponents win %age.

Stuppid 4th place. >-<

The only thing I am mad about is that the t4 with even records, was decided by opp. win%age.

How is any 1 t4 more desearving than another? win%age is a stuppid way to determin anything.

Keep in mind that these prizes are additional. My goodness, be glad that you had a chance at getting extra packs.

A good tie breaker for a prerelease would be to have the t4 randomly play each other.

Maby sudden death, or 2 prizes and a match time limmit of 5-10 min.

Keep in mind that these prizes are additional. My goodness, be glad that you had a chance at getting extra packs.

I know that, but it's not really fair that I went 4/1 and Robbie went 4/1, and even though I beat him in the last match, he was first and I was 4th. I lost because my opponents did badly. I cant controll how well they do, or how well they even play. Why should my place in a tourny be determind by how well/badly my opponents did?

Back