Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sending Cards in Toploaders

Absoltrainer

If sending cards via mail, can more then 2 cards be saftey put in a toploader plus sleeves? I have 3 cards to send, and I was wondering if I could use 1 toploader.

Thanks for any advice.

Put the cards in a sleeve and in front of the toploader. Wrap the bundle in paper and tape it shut. You can do this for 10+ cards and never have to waste more than 1 toploader, and your cards will always be safe.

If you're sending cards off to an eBay or T&T, play it safe. Put each card in a top loader. Top loaders cost like 13 cents each. Does 39 cents really break the bank?

If you're sending cards off to an eBay or T&T, play it safe. Put each card in a top loader. Top loaders cost like 13 cents each. Does 39 cents really break the bank?

That kind of thinking can get you in financial trouble. When you deal in big volumes, little costs like that start to add up. I normally pay like $0.35 per bubblemailer envelope, but bought a huge box in bulk which ends up costing me something like $0.15 per bubblemailer. Doesn't seem like much, but when you're talking about 200 envelopes, it's $40. That's 2 weeks worth of of gas right there (for me anyway).

Toploaders aren't the end all be all to safety either, so you can easily get in trouble in trying to be over-protective. I've had both extremes happen - cards sent in toploaders arrive damaged thanks to USPS, and cardssent in regular white envelopes with no toploaders or even sleeves arrive perfect. The only real way to protect your cards from ANY problem during shipping, you need to ship it in a padded envelope, with the card in a toploader + an extra toploader glued to each side, and then you need to use packing tape to seal all possible rip-prone areas, then to be sure USPS doesn't screw up, you should put both insurance (against damage or loss) and signature confirmation (to make sure they don't deliver to the wrong person/house).

See what I'm saying? You can go crazy trying to be super-safe so you have to decide on a zone you're comfortable with that also won't put you out of business. One toploader in a simple CD-size bubblemailer with DC will keep away 99.9% of your troubles.

Put the cards in a sleeve and in front of the toploader. Wrap the bundle in paper and tape it shut. You can do this for 10+ cards and never have to waste more than 1 toploader, and your cards will always be safe.

No, don't do that, when sending to a collector anyhow. Cards easily get damaged that way. 2 cards back to back in a single penny sleeve fit easily. Sometimes you can get 3 in one sleeve to fit. Try and see. Just get the cards started and when they get a bit tight, tap the bottom of the top loader in your palm or on a hard surface and the cards will slide nicely into the top loader.

Last edited:
Just use a thicker toploader if you only want to use 1. They come in all sorts of thicknesses. the higher the "pt," the thicker it is. Here is a link to what I'm talking about. I use these for various thick cards like relics and memorabilia.

Another alternate option is to send the cards in a poly bag with a toploader. the polybag keeps the cards from moving around, and the toploader prevents bending.

That kind of thinking can get you in financial trouble. When you deal in big volumes, little costs like that start to add up. I normally pay like $0.35 per bubblemailer envelope, but bought a huge box in bulk which ends up costing me something like $0.15 per bubblemailer. Doesn't seem like much, but when you're talking about 200 envelopes, it's $40. That's 2 weeks worth of of gas right there (for me anyway).

Toploaders aren't the end all be all to safety either, so you can easily get in trouble in trying to be over-protective. I've had both extremes happen - cards sent in toploaders arrive damaged thanks to USPS, and cardssent in regular white envelopes with no toploaders or even sleeves arrive perfect. The only real way to protect your cards from ANY problem during shipping, you need to ship it in a padded envelope, with the card in a toploader + an extra toploader glued to each side, and then you need to use packing tape to seal all possible rip-prone areas, then to be sure USPS doesn't screw up, you should put both insurance (against damage or loss) and signature confirmation (to make sure they don't deliver to the wrong person/house).

See what I'm saying? You can go crazy trying to be super-safe so you have to decide on a zone you're comfortable with that also won't put you out of business. One toploader in a simple CD-size bubblemailer with DC will keep away 99.9% of your troubles.

Let's get off of that subject. We're talking about 3 cards.. Not 1,000. If I had to send 1.000 cards, I would buy a box made to hold 1k and stick them in there. Besides, if you're so worried about the "cost", you should make your buyer pay for the supplies ( I assume you're on eBay). If you're selling to TrollandToad, you're already at a loss..

I think he meant you are selling 1,000 cards separately so like 1,000 sales. This is when the cost of supplies would add up.
But I do agree that, if selling to the public (i.e. not T&T), then just charge the cost of supplies in your shipping fee. I charge $2.50 to ship each card on Ebay. This covers the shipping label I print off of Ebay, which is $1.64 when using First Class Mail (comes with delivery confirmation and tracking), the cost of the label itself, the bubble mailer I mail it in, and the penny sleeves and toploaders I put each card in.

The only time I charge less is when I mail cards in a normal envelope. I only do this with cards under $2.00 as no one would pay more to ship a card than the card is actually worth. With these cheaper cards, I just put them in a sleeve and toploader and then in a normal envelope with a stamp, so I only charge $0.50 for shipping.

Don't do that.
I mean I do sometimes, only when I am low on toploaders.
We don't get very many around here, and it costs $1 for 8 of them at the dollar store, and I only go there every so often...

Back