Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Senior world report

Rikku11

Ok so i was playtesting with this deck since nationals, so i pretty much knew what i was playing for worlds. Palkia Luxray was the deck i chose. i was playtesting against a ton of luxapes the night before worlds but it was worthless cause i didn't play against 1 in the tournement.

R1
Tristan Wagner (NL) (Flygon Weavile)
I get a good hand and power lock him the whole game so he couldn't get much out. GG

R2 1-0
Christian Paul (MX) (Flygon Weavile)
Same as R1 but he gets a turn 2 Flygon i KO it easily. GG

R3 2-0
Christian Haas (USA) (Palkia Luxray) Mirror
Ok so i have a good hand he does two he goes 1st and binds and alot of other stuff 2. i go i have bind in my hand and a way to get out downer material but i cant do much cause he locks me the whole game if i went first i could have done the same. GG

R4 2-1
Jason Annichiarico (USA) (Kingdra)
Ok so i start out with an ok hand but i find out that i have 3 energy gains prized 1 NM 1 Arron's and 1 cyrus in my prizes!!! he doesn't have much. i kill a horsea then he does cynthias and gets everything he need. my memorys kinda fuzzy but i came back and won. GG

R5 3-1
Alec Noah good friend (USA) (Mother Gengar)
I get a good hand he goes 1st and i was praying he would have a call cause if he pitch darked id be screwed. he has a call and calls then i power lock the rest of the game. GG

R6 4-1 Ok i just need 2 win 1 of my next 2 to get in top 32
Loyd O. (USA) ( Manatric Gallade Luxray)
I get a horrible hand and dont see a supportor the whole game.GG

R7 4-2 I need to win this next round to get in. NOOO!!! I have 2 VS Flygon lock with mewtwo and Memory Berry!!!!
Zane Neilson (USA) (Flygon Lock)
I knew i was probably going 2 lose. i start with azelf time walk. and a bad hand he sets up flygon and mewtwo quick and locks a mesprit active. i got locked and time was called he won. GG

4-3 I was told that only 1 4-3 would make it so i knew i wasn't in.
my final standing was 49th place but thats pretty good for my 1st worlds.

props

geoffry sauk top 32
kelson grinding in with torterra!!!
Igor grinding in
placeing 49th in the world

slops

kelson going 0-7 in worlds
karl for getting bad hands
kyle for misplaying in the grinder ALOT!!!
The stupid Flygon memory berry lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i still had a good time and it was fun. Thanks for reading my report.

-Brandon Jones

Last edited:
Blahh sorry our game basically came to a coinflip :(
whoever went first won. You were a really cool guy to meet though :]

Hey Brandon, it's Aaron. I'm sorry I'm a little late on reading your report; I was surfing the World's Reports and saw yours. Tough luck on that one bad start, and also having to face Flygon Memory Berry. I played Geoffrey S, who was also playing that deck, in Round 7 and he beat me. Congrats on your first Worlds though.

Back