3 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
4 Copycat
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Poke Ball
4 Defender
3 Pokemon circulation
2 rare candy

Strategy: Early game set-up will have snivy as your starter and Pokemon Collector for a Sunkern,Yanma, and Snivy (or caterpie if you are playing against lightning/fire). Your main focus is going to be setting up a sunflora so you can use its Poke-Power to search your deck for any grass pokemon which in turn speeds this deck up.
Your objective is to use paralyzing gaze to paralyze your opponent and give yourself the few turns you need to set your yanmega and serperior's up.

Mid game is going to be getting two serperior (one with ability, one without) in play as well as a yanmega. Both yanmega and serperior without ability have free retreat, making them a good team for maximizing serperior's royal heal ability. In theory, if you have yanmega out and retreat him, then use serperiors attackLeaf Storm you will heal 40 damage in a single turn. Pair this with defenders and you have a mighty tank deck. Both Judge and Copycat help with yanmega's ability to make his attacks cost 0 as well as disrupt your opponents hand.

This deck has seen little competitive play but has put up a fight with most of them. I plan to post matchups in the future

Cool deck idea. I dunno how i feel about the tanking prospects.. because the main attackers are pretty vulnerable even WITHOUT weakness.. x/ BUT, i've never playtested with or against it, so it'd be cool to see some matchups. Looking over the deck, i do see a couple fixes for sure, in my opinion at least.

-3 Pokeball -------------------------- flippy.. not good. noooot good at all for a deck that thrives on being consistant while disrupting the opponent.
-2 Pokemon Circulator --------------- a GREAT card for sure for getting through babies, but the space is needed for what i'll add :)

+1 Pokemon Communication -------- Just tooooo important for getting out sunfloras etc..
+2 Junk Arm ------------------------ These are for re-using the circulator, candies, and communications.
+2 Cleffa ---------------------------- A Judge followed by you refreshing your hand with one of these guys is SO solid. Plus, he helps you get setup. really a staple in my opinion for a deck like this. I'd even consider dropping the 1-1 metapod line to bring it to 4, yeep. it's that good in a deck like this.

Another thing to consider is dropping the 1-1 metapod (since even without weakness, yanmega gets OHKO'd by zekrom and magnezone, and there really isn't any other lightning in the metagame atm, and fire's kind of the same way: it's going to be big and bad any way you cut it. In it's place, you could put the AWSOME 1-1 slowking tech. a judge followed by a second sight to the opponent's deck can be just brutal.

Thanks Sanguine, Ill test this out.

Pokemon circulator's have been something ive been testing for a while. Only reason I like them is that you can retreat something built and they have to try to reload (ex. reshiram w/ 3 energies for one without any. Caterpie/Metapod might be somethng I look into closely while I playtest more. Ill definitely mess around with cleffa starts, that will make this deck a bit more stable. The biggest matchup I had was reshiboar today, and it surprisingly came down to 1 prize each... defenders really helped out with that.

Yeah, defenders are finally gettin some play time this format! They're actually realllly useful.. that extra turn of being able to save your attacker for another swing is just great.
The junk arms would help with That too ;D

Completely agree, even if a zekrom/reshiram smacks me for 100, im still living and with all the healing capabilities of this deck if I can keep that pokemon on the bench for about 2 turns that damage will be just about healed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back