Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Seviper CoL + Skuntank G

RB Golbat

COL1_EN_51.jpg

Seviper :psychic: 90 HP

:colorless: Poison Buildup - Seviper is now Poisoned.

:psychic::colorless: Poison Effect - 20+ - If Seviper is Poisoned, this attack does 20 damage plus 60 more damage and remove the Special Condition Poisoned from Seviper.

Weakness: :psychic:
Retreat: :colorless::colorless:

I plan on making this card work for at least some form of league play. Why bother using an attack to poison yourself, when you can have Skuntank G do it each turn, allowing you to do 80 + Poison (to non-SP) for :psychic::colorless: every turn with Skuntank G. You can also use Miasma Valley or Team Galactic's HQ to put more damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon, or just use Snowpoint Temple to make Seviper survive a little bit longer. Since you're using :psychic: anyways, why not toss in Nidoqueen to help heal and increase survivability?

Any other ideas to making this work?

This is like a quicker version of MightyTank (In terms of self poisoning). I like it, and I think it could be a viable deck. Crobat Gs could be good with it too. Just watch out for Machamp (although the psychic weakness should make the matchup in your favour).

---------- Post added 01/14/2011 at 08:54 AM ----------

Also, rescue energies and warp energies will make seviper more flexible.

Seviper has a horrible matchup against SP's seeing as Skuntank won't be able to poison them. Will be good against everything else, and it'll be really awesome against Gengar SF as they will be forced to retreat when you poison them or else they will KO due to poison during your next turn.

Machamp shouldn't be a problem as a simple Toxicroak PL tech will go a long way to evening the matchup.

I'd actually run Seviper as a hybrid SP deck of sorts, like a SP Toolbox deck now featuring seviper, lol. Honckrow G would be an excellent way of getting out your Stadiums to let the poison madness begin. I'd also tech a Mewtwo line so the SP matchups isn't too LOL. Although it seems DialgaChomp poses serious problems for this deck, but that's why its toolbox and we can throw in a Blaziken FB line too!

Best Deck in the EVER?!!? (I'm kidding)

Even though you can't poison SP Pokemon with Skuntank, you can still do 80 damage a turn to them, which is pretty respectable. I had also been thinking of an SP Toolbox to work with this. Hadn't thought of how bad the DialgaChomp matchup was. But an SP Toolbox with this could work pretty well.

D'oh forgot that the effect was on Seviper and not the opponents pokemons XD (everyone ignore post #4 in this thread)

Yeah 80 for a basic is good. The good thing about an SP toolbox is that you could realistically achieve T2 80+poison whether you start with Seviper or not due to being able to manipulate energy with Bronzong G. Just attach energy to your SP pokemon T1 and move it to Seviper T2 (for those cases where you dont start with seviper in hand).

even though you couldn't poison sp, you still belt seviper and hit the magic 110 damage for lux, chomp, blaze, etc.
i'd say to run this with 1-1 or 2-1 blaze fb to counter dialga/anything else that comes in the way.
the only real problem in the deck is the damage being done to seviper over time.

It's like a psychic version of MighyTank, which is probably worse because of so many things that are resistant to psychic. :/

At least this guy gets to remain at 90.

^ Run Ruins of Alph as one of your stadiums. Problem solved.

IMHO, its better. Its a basic pokemon, which means its unrequired to have to Bebe's for a Mightyena and tutorable far easier via Collectors/Calls/etc. Psychic resistance is irrelevant and it can one shot a LOT of said SP pokemon. Its speed is not at question especially considering Gust of Wind will be around soon to get some free kills.

Its only downside, which is the same as Mightytanks downside is that you pretty much have no way to get to a Stadium quickly in the format.

Sure you do, running a Mightytank variant two years ago with Honchkrow G netted me 5-2. That was basically my first major tournament.

If you felt like it you can also run a 1-1 Azelf X to help with its weakness before Azelf gets rotated out. But yeah Ruins of Alph would definitely help with the Dialgachomp matchups.

D'oh forgot that the effect was on Seviper and not the opponents pokemons XD (everyone ignore post #4 in this thread)

Yeah 80 for a basic is good. The good thing about an SP toolbox is that you could realistically achieve T2 80+poison whether you start with Seviper or not due to being able to manipulate energy with Bronzong G. Just attach energy to your SP pokemon T1 and move it to Seviper T2 (for those cases where you dont start with seviper in hand).

This will be effective against Gengar, with expert belt it will hit for 100 and poison will KO the Gengar inbetween turns. Play this deck with Pokemon Contest Hall and you can get your tools on your Pokemon.

Back