Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SF Tyranitar + GE Alakazam

Fenrir

Stormfront's Tyranitar's Poke-Body states "After your opponents Pokemon uses a Poke-Power, you may search your discard for a basic [Dark] Energy card and attach it to Tyranitar".

Great Encounters Alazkazam's Poke-Power states "Once during your opponent's turn, when your opponent's Pokemon uses any Poke-Power, you may discard 2 cards from your hand and prevent all effects of that Poke-Power. (This counts as that Pokemon using its Poke-Power.) This power can't be used if Alakazam is affected by a Special Condition."

Say I have Alakazam from Great Encounters as my active, and Tyranitar on my bench. I know for a fact that there are no Basic Dark Energies in my discard pile, and my Opponent is using a Poke-Power.

Could I then use Alakazam's Power Cancel, discard as one of the two cards a Dark Energy/two Dark Energies, then use Tyranitar's Poke-Body to take one of the Dark Eneries that is now in the discard pile?

I put it together a few hours ago, and it's leaving an odd taste in my mouth, so to speak. I have the feeling something may be wrong, but, since I wasn't certain, I figured I'd throw it up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, this would work!

You could discard Dark energy cards for Cancel, and since the Power counts as having been used, get that Dark Energy back with TTar's Body!

Back