Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shadow Pokemon - Chapter 7 posted

KAZUTO!!!

CHAPTER ONE: A MYSTERIOUS DISAPEARENCE

A small farm, in the middle of nowhere

"I'll race you to the patch of potatoes over there!" The red-headed boy said to his sister, another redhead.

"No, you'll beat me again, James." The girl responded.

"C'mon, Emily, you never know!"

James had a blue T-shirt that had a picture of three Pokemon; Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Meganium. He had navy pants, and white and red shoes. He looked to be 17. Emily had a pink shirt, again with three Pokemon, but this time they were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chickorita. She wore light blue pants, and white and green shoes. She looked to be 15. Both had white skin and red hair.

"I know! Let's have our Pokemon race!" Emily said.

"Okay! But this time it will have to be to the outskirts of our farm."

"Sure! Go, Meganium!" A large Pokemon, much larger then Emily, came out of a red and white Pokeball. It was green, with a long neck, and looked somewhat like a small dinosaur. It had a flower around it's neck.

"Go, Feraligatr!" A 7-foot tall blue crocodile, though it stood on it's hind legs stood. It swished it's tail back and forth.

"Okay, Meganium," Emily told her Pokemon, "you're going to race that Pokemon there to the end of the farm. I'll be right here cheering you on!"

James delivered similar pep-talk, though explaining the layout a bit more, even though Pokemon already knew it.

"Okay, ready?" Emily asked.

James nodded.

"Okay... one... two... THREE! GO MEGANIUM!!! Emily shouted.

"C'mon, 'Gatr! You can beat that Meganium!" James called out to his Pokemon.

"Ooh, YES! Meganium's in the lead!" Emily shouted again.

James snorted. "Yeah, by an inch."

Suddenly, a huge shadow appeared above the two teens. James looked up. All he could see was darkness. He didn't have time to react, or even think. Wind buffeted him from all sides. Crops blew out from the ground. He couldn't look over to see how Emily was faring. Emily screamed. He did too, because he felt himself being lifted off the ground. Then, everything went black.

New York City, New York State

"Yesterday, a boy named James, aged 17, and his sister, a girl named Emily, mysteriously disapeared. There were no witnesses, as the farm they were taken from was on the outskirts of town, where no one lives. The only reason we knew they disapeared is because of their father, who was in town, returned, and, though he saw their Pokemon, a Feraligatr and a Meganium, he didn't see them. He looked everywhere, but he couldn't find them. If anyone finds them, please let us know. Over to you, Peter." The girl on the TV said.

"Wow, wonder where they went?" George asked his friend, Ryan.

"Dunno." Ryan answered, as he turned the TV off, "do you want to go somewhere?"

"Where?"

"Dunno, where do you want to go?"

"Want to watch the tournament?"

"Pokemon tournament? The finals? Sure!"

But, even as they left Ryan's house, the disapearence of the two teens made George uneasy. But, when he got to the tournament, and watched the match, all of his worries left him.

"Alright, ladies and gentelmen!" the speaker said through his speaker, quieting all speach other then his own, "the long-awaited finals to this local tournament will take place now. The winner will go on to the Nationals tournament, where the winner will battle people from around America! Now, our two finalists are... Alex Smith and Josh Williams! Here they go!"

Two teens, both around 18, walked into the stadium. They stood on a raised platform.

"Go! Muk!" Alex, the one on the right shouted. A purple Pokemon came out of it's Pokeball. It looked like sludge with eyes and a mouth, and it stank!

"Go! Swellow!" Josh said. A bird of prey, obviously built for speed, came out of it's Pokeball, " Swellow! Use Fly!" Swellow soared up into the open roof of the stadium, into the clouds.

"Muk! Acid Armor!" Muk spat acid onto itself, making it harder for Swellow to do alot of damage to it.

Suddenly, Swellow came soaring down on Muk, but Muk's added Defence made it do barely any damage.

"Muk! Sludge Bomb!" Muk spit out strong poison and acid at Swellow. It hit Swellow hard. Swellow swayed, then fell in a heap, defeated.

"And Muk has scored an early Critical Hit with Sludge Bomb, making this an exciting start to the match!" The anouncer shouted.

Toronto, Ontario

The Mighteyena stalked it's prey. It was surrounded by shadow, and it's grey fur was darker then usual. It was hunting a human.

Master will be happy with me... I'll get a treat... definitly... maybe two... all for destroying humans and their stupid "let's enslave all Pokemon" ideas... it thought, licking it's lips.

"I think we should stop here for a rest, John." one of the men was talking.

"Sure. But let's have a watch as well. Ever here what happened to those two kids?"

"Nah, we're in the middle of a forest."

"Still..."

"Fine. But you have to take first watch."

"Sure, I'm fine with that."

The Mighteyena didn't care. As long as it killed these troublesome humans.

The humans stopped. They set up a camp. One took watch. Soon, it could here loud snores coming from inside the tent. It attacked. First, it leaped on the one still awake. Then, it leaped to the tent, and ripped it open. Inside, the human was still sleeping soundly. It grabbed him, then grabbed the other, who was still recovering from shock. It ran off.

Last edited:
Mightyena just has an evil thing about him.

---------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO: SHADOW POKEMON

On some far away island, unknown where

The Mightyena raced up the path, it's prey squirming in it's jaws. In the distance, about a mile away, a sort of darkness surrounded an area.

The Mightyena was different then other Mightyenas. For one, it had more acute senses then any other Mightyena. It could over power any Mightyena as well. It was darker then any Mightyena. And it was smarter.

It's intelligence was supperior to that of a human, which no Mightyena in history ever was before. Few Pokemon could match the intelligence of a human, among those the most prominent was Alakazam, yet this Mightyena was almost on equal footing in intelligence with an Alakazam.

This Mightyena had one more difference though: it wasn't a normal Mightyena; it was a Shadow Mightyena.

Shadow Pokemon were more powerful versions of normal Pokemon. They were transformed by men... used by them for evil deeds... for Shadow Pokemon had but one drawback: they were evil. They relished in killing people, or other Pokemon, and causing pain to both. They followed one or two humans, and were linked to these humans. The desire for violence varied, depending on the original Pokemon's personality, like this Mightuena used to love treats from it's master.

Shadow Pokemon are made from taking the original Pokemon and, well, Darkening it. Darkening, which is the transforming from regular Pokemon to Shadow Pokemon, consits of starving a Pokemon for a whole week. Then, at night, when the Pokemon is awake, you let it go for a day. It will return the next night, Darkened. Remember, the cage has to be slightly to small, it has to be in shadows, and the person who is performing this ritual must have an evil heart.

Finally, the Mightyena reached the Darkness Field, which thousands of Shadow Pokemon can create. It allows only Shadow Pokemon or the human they are linked to to pass. The Mightyena entered the Field, holding it's head high. It walked toward the large castle in the middle of the Field.

It walked in, pushing open the door with it's head. It walked to it's master, who was cloaked in shadow, at the other end of the Grand Hall. Two large Pokemon with huge muscles and four arms stood on either side of it's master. These were his body-guards, two Shadow Machamps.

"What have we here?" The master said. He reached down and took the two unconsious humans, "good, good, more subjects. Stay here, my Mightyena. Wait and see - my greatest creation!"

"C'mon, Sandslash, show your stuff!" Alex said, as he sent out his third Pokemon. His opponent, Josh, was already on his fifth Pokemon, an Aggron.

"Aggron! Iron Tail!" Josh shouted. Aggron made it's tail rock-hard, then lunged at Sandslash. But it's tail was too heavy, and it veered off-course.

"Aggron uses the powerful "Iron Tail" attack, but it missed! Will Alex finally take out Aggron? Let's see!" The announcer shouted to the excited crowd below.

"Sandslash! Dig!" Alex shouted. Sandslash dug a hole quickly, then disapeared.

Aggron, confused, looked around for it's opponent. Then, suddenly, Sandslash burst up from underneath Aggron! Aggron fell to the ground. But, it slowly got to it's feet.

"Now, Sandslash, finish it! Earthquake!" Alex said. The ground underneath Aggron began to shake, and split. Then, Aggron fell to the ground, just as the mini-quake ended.

"Aggron has been defeated! What will be Josh's next Pokemon?" The announcer said.

"Go! Typhlosion!" Josh said.

"And Josh's final Pokemon is Typhlosion!" The announcer said.

"Typhlosion! Fire Blast!" Flame blasted forth from Typhlosion's mouth, incintegrating everything. It hit Sandslash, and made a sort of star shape, before Sandslash fell to the ground, defeated.

"And Typhlosion is a powerhouse! There was a One Hit Knock Out!" The announcer said excitedly.

"Go! Kingdra!" Alex said. A large seahorse that looked like an underwater dragon appeared, "Kingdra! Hydro Pump!" two jets of water came blasting out at Typhlosion. Typhlosion was blasted back. The flames on it's back were doused. The battle had been won.

"And the victory goes to Alex!!!!!" The announcer was extremely excited. And the crowd went wild.

"ALEX! ALEX! ALEX!" The crowd screamed.

"Good-bye, folks! We hope to see you next time there's a tournament! Worlds is taking place in Tokyo this time, so Alex will gat to go to Japan!" The announcer said at the crowd, which was filing out of the stadium.

And yet, as George was leaving the stadium, he thought again about the two teens and the why Alex's Pokemon were darker then they should be...

Last edited:
CHAPTER THREE: DISCOVERIES

A faraway island, unknown where

The flying Pokemon, which was carrying two squirming humans, flew over the black sea, toward an island in the distance.

The Pokemon was long, over 17 feet long, and black. It had red eyes, and large wings. It had dinosaur-like spines, but black. It's feet were big enough to carry the two humans, and the toes appeared spiked. It had a dark tail, which ended at it's silvery stomach. It was a Shadow Pokemon-a Shadow Lugia.

Lugia is one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence. It is one-of-a-kind. Most trainers haven't even seen it. As you can imagine, a Shadow Lugia would be devastating. Only one or two Pokemon can attempt to defeat Lugia, yet they, too, are elusive and described only in legends, and are thus called "Legendary Pokemon." And Lugia is one of the most powerful Legendary Pokemon. A Shadow Lugia is even more powerful.

It was stormy and dark, and below them the black sea churned. It was dizzying to watch.

Shadow Lugia moved at great speed, dispite the weather, and they soon reached the island. Yet the Pokemon continued flying to the island. It flew toward a darker semi-sphere in the distance.

The humans, of course, weren't sitting idle. They were trying their best to get out, and making alot of noise too. It was annoying, because their attempts were futile.

Finally, they reached the field of Darkness. The Shadow Lugia flew through it, and toward the palace in the middle of the field. The gates of the palace were big, big enough to admit Shadow Lugia.

Shadow Lugia burst in, to find a courtyard. At the and of the courtyard, there was a gate of equal proportions to the first.

Shadow Lugia crashed through that one too, in to a hall, where multiple doors, each egual in size to the gates, stood. Shadow Lugia flew into one of these doors.

Inside was a throne room. At the end, a human hidden in shadows sat in the throne, two bulky Shadow Pokemon on either side of him. A wolf-like Pokemon sat at the human's feet.

"Yes! YES! Here is my greatest creation, Mightyena... Shadow Lugia!" The man shouted excitedly.

Shadow Lugia deposited the humans, who were silent, at it's master's feet, near the Mightyena.

"Ah, what have we here? Two teenagers? And what are your names?"

The teens remained silent.

"Hm?" The man said.

Still, the humans wouldn't talk.

"Er-hem," the man coughed, "Please talk. I have a Shadow Mightyena at my feet, who will do whatever I say. Now, what are your names?

"M-my n-name i-is Em-Emily." Emily stuttered.

"Ah, good girl. Now, what is your friend's name?" The man said.

"J-James." Emily said.

"Now tell us your name!" James said.

"My name? Well, by my minions, The Dark Master. But my real name? Giovanni. Yes, the old leader of Team Rocket, if you know what that is."

"Didn't you notice that Alex's Pokemon were darker then they should be?" George asked Ryan as they walked away from the arena.

"Hm, who cares. It's not like he cheated or anything."

"Yeah, but..."

"What is with you today? First you worry about two teenagers going missing, now you're worrying about why America's best Trainer has "darker Pokemon then usual?" Geez, you are having a wierd day."

They went back to Ryan's house, George, though he didn't voice his opinion, he certainly thought it. He thought about the two teenagers, Alex's Pokemon, and why so many mysteries were happening to him.

"What the-" Ryan shouted.

George looked up. And he saw-the door to Ryan's house swinging wide open. And inside, the house looked trashed.

Someone had broke into Ryan's house.

Last edited:
Lugia is one of the most powerful Pokemon in existence. It is one-of-a-kind, and so very rare. Most trainers haven't even seen one. As you can imagine, a Shadow Lugia would be devastating. Very few Pokemon on Earth can even come close to beating Lugia, and those that can are one-of-a-kind too, and so no-one has them. A Shadow Lugia is even more powerful.
Being one-of-a-kind already says that it's rare. I mean, unless only one of it existing means it's plentiful. So, the Pokemon that can beat a Shadow Lugia... are Pokemon that no one has, but exist, and there are only one of each that can? This paragraph's structure is a tad confusing.

And there had better be a Shadow Igglybuff cameo. :/

I've redone the paragraph a bit... and by the other "one-of-a-kind Pokemon," I'm refering to Arceus and Mewtwo.

And yes, there will be a Shadow Igglybuff at one point or another. Maybe in the next chapter.

I've redone the paragraph a bit... and by the other "one-of-a-kind Pokemon," I'm refering to Arceus and Mewtwo.
I'm pretty sure that any Pokemon that can fire off a Destiny Bond could also take it down, but okay. Thanks for the clarification.

CHAPTER FOUR: THE NEW TEAM ROCKET

A faraway island, unknown where

"Team Rocket was a criminal organization a few years back," Giovanni explained to James and Emily, "under my control. I was also a Gym Leader. Eventually, however, I decided to abandon Team Rocket. Then, I met someone who could Darken, which means turn Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. He taught me how to Darken. Then, as payment, I abandoned him, to go back to Kanto. But, when I arrived, Team Rocket was gone. Enraged, I left for Darkness Island, which is here. Here, I found plenty of Pokemon. I Darkened thtem all, providing me with thousands of Shadow Pokemon, to create my 'Darkness Field.' And they have another purpose: to capture humans and bring them to me. Then, I preform my own experiment on Darkening: Shadow Humans. Shadow Humans are like Shadow Pokemon; in that they do whatever I say and have enhanced senses, only they are humans, not Pokemon. These humans will be my 'new Team Rocket,' only they will be much more powerful. Now, I have talked too much, follow Mightyena out."

"A-are y-you g-going t-to D-Darken u-us?" Emily asked.

Giovanni laughed. "Of course, dear girl, why wouldn't I?"

The Mightyena pushed James and Emily toward the other side of the hall.

When they left the hall, passing Shadow Lugia as they left, they saw thousands of Pokemon outside. Water Pokemon, Grass Pokemon, Fire Pokemon, Normal Pokemon, among others left and entered, each toward different houses. One, a pink puffball called Igglybuff, bounced toward them. It had wide eyes, and was darker then usual.

"Iggly! Iggly! Igglybuff!" Igglybuff said.

"Mighty! Ena! Ena!" Mightyena replied.

"Buff, buff, Iggly!" Igglybuff said.

"Mightyena..." Mightyena said, and walked off.

Igglybuff bounced toward them, then went to the right.

"Igglybuff. Buff, buff, Igglybuff!" Igglybuff said to them, while motioning with it's stubby little hand for them to follow. James and Emily obliged.

Igglybuff led them through the croud of Shadow Pokemon. Neither James nor Emily ever got lost.

Finally, they arrived at wherever they were suposed to arrive at. It was a small cabin.

"Iggly, Iggly, Igglybuff!" Igglybuff said, motioning at them to enter. It followed.

"Why's it following us?" Emily asked.

"Dunno." James replied.

The cabin was small, with two cages that were so small that even if Emily, who was the smallest of the two, couldn't fit in the smallest cage without dicomfort even if she crouched. The room was empty except for the two cages.

James snorted. "Nice room."

The Igglybuff expanded. It grew out, pushing the teenagers forward, toward the cages. It took up most of that part of the cabin before it couldn't expand anymore.

Another Igglybuff flew in, followed by a man. The Igglybuff expanded in the opposite side of the cabin, while the man closed in. His face was covered in shadow.

He grabed James, and with no room to manouver, James was helplessly tossed into the larger cage, crammed into it. The man repeated the prossess with Emily, and, just before he left, he said a parting goodbye.

"This is how it feels like to be Darkened..."

Ryan rushed into his house, with George following close behind.

The house was a disaster. Chairs sprawled out across the floor, the stuffing ripped out of couches, tables turned upside down, among other things.

"W-who d-did t-this?" Ryan said.

"Dunno. Wanna look up stairs for some clues?"

"S-sure."

They went upstairs, to find more destruction. Beds were unmade and destroyed, photos were smashed, among other things.

A sound came from up the corridor. Ryan and George raced toward it, and saw... a man, his face covered in shadow, searching through a drawer.

Last edited:
Yeah, Shadow Lugia was re-Darkened/Shadowed/whatever you want to call it.

And Giovanni's there because... I dunno, just wanted him to see one last story....

CHAPTER FIVE: MORE PEOPLE GETTING DARKENED

The man looked up from the drawer. He looked directly at George, then Ryan. Neither could see his face, for it was covered in shadow. He had a large R on his shirt.

"H-hello. I-if y-you d-don't m-mind, w-we'll b-be g-going n-now!" Ryan said.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." The man said in a mechanical voice.

"See-ya!" George said, grabbing Ryan's arm and dragging him down the stairs.

But the man was faster then George even if George waasn't dragging Ryan behind him, and so the man easily caught up. Then, with super-human force, grabbed George and Ryan and continued running at almost the same speed as before!

"Whoa!" George screamed as they left the house.

The man glared at George, then threw a dark Pokeball. A Dragonite that was darker then usual came out.

"Get on." the man said in the same voice as earlier.

George, scared to disobey, got on the Dragonite. The man followed.

The Dragonite took of, heading for an unknown destination.

"You two going to be Darkened soon..."

Darkness Island

Three days had passed since James and Emily had been shoved into the cages. Emily had been moved to another cabin, while James stayed in the first. He had been pushed into the corner furthest away from the door.

He had had nothing to eat in his stay in the cage, and the cage was too small for him. He didn't know if it was day or night, and the only reason he knew that it was three days was Giovanni's dayly visit.

Giovanni's visit consited mainly of hurting him, nearly rendering in him being unconsious. He told him how many days it had been, and the condition of his sister. All the while his Persian-or Shadow Persian- was clwing at his legs and arms.

Emily was not in good shape. If Giovanni was to be trusted, she had many cuts on her face, lost an arm, broke a leg, broke a rib, lots more bruises and scrapes all over her body. She also had lost an eye. All from an attempted escape.

James hated these visits from Giovanni, and often tried to ignore him. But the Shadow Persian was more dificult to ignore, for it's claws hurt. He came around noon, at least according to him, where he said Darkening happened the least, so he came to quicken the Darkening.

James, although he wouldn't admit it to himself, had also forgotten what his father looked like, along with all his friends. However hard he tried to place his finger on their faces, they always slipped away.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps outside. Giovanni was hear.

And so he was right. A second later, Giovanni stepped in to the room, his Shadow Persian at his side.

"Hello, James. How are you feeling today?" Giovanni asked, although he didn't acually expect an answer, for James never answerd his questions.

Giovanni walked closer, stroking Shadow Persian's fur.

"Emily is faring worse then ever. Her attempt at escape left her in pretty bad shape, but today, foolish little girl she is, she acually hit my Persian's paw! Persian nearly destroyed the cage, but I pulled him back. The girl will have much pain tomorrow." he said as Shadow Persian started clawing at James.

James continued to ignore Giovanni, and shrank as far as he could from the claws. Which, unfortunatly, was not enough, for the claws could still reach him.

"It is the third day, as you may have guesed."

Persian continued to scratch him, as Giovanni continued to talk, for about an hour. Finally, he said:

"Ah, well, it's time to go! I will see you next time, James!" Giovanni said as he stood up.

And just before leaving, he said:

"Are you begining to feel Darkened?"

Last edited:
...and how does Unlimited have anything to do with Shadow Pokemon?

Nice chapter. Question: At the beginning, why were two perfectly good Pokemon left standing while their trainers were abducted?

Do you mean why they didn't help James and Emily? Well, it's because they were already half way across the farm, and they didn't see James or Emily being abducted, and when they screemed, it was already to late.

EDIT: And if you mean why they didn't get abducted as well, it's because Shadow Lugia had orders to only capture humans, as he has enough Pokemon.

Yeah, well... Arceus seems too rare to be caught by lowly Giovanni.:lol:

EDIT: Chapter 6 will probally be posted tomorrow!

Last edited:
Back