4 RC
3 Poke Blower
4 Poke Drawer
2 NM
1 Lux Ball
3 Warp Point

Stadiums (1):
1 Moonlight

Now, I know what you guys are thinking. 20 Pokemon? Well, where I live and the structure of people's decks makes it work. Now, The Stradegy.

Stradegy: Now, this deck can have two decent starts. One would be to try to achieve T1 Gengar, or two, Call. I prefer either one, though most people I know prefer the call start. Gengar is your only attacker in this deck (unless you feel like Zen Blading, or you Pain Amp. Bronzong). If you are battling a mirror, Shadow Room as much as you can. If you are battling something like Kingdra, use this as your advantage to Poltergeist. The main stradegy is to try to knock out Poke-Power techs before hitting the attackers. Gengar has a stupidly powerful Poke-Power, a destiny bond poke-power, which is the reason that I play it. It works hard and pays off. I imagine that this, along with Kingdra, will be the main decks at cities.

Match-ups:

Kingdra 55-45:
My record with this deck against Kingdra is 9-6. I believe that it has mostly been luck, but this deck is just a little bit more in your favor. Basically, if you can have a good setup, hit the techs, and let Fainting Spell take care of Kingdra (Unless you Poltergiest), than you should have no problem with Kingdra.

Torterrable 60-40:
I have only played Torterrable once (and won). I have talked to other people about it and they say that they have been able to defeat it with relative ease, though at times it can be difficult to work around Torterra X. Basically you can guarantee a win if you get a better setup.

Mirror/Duskinoir Varient 50-50:
You know the drill. Get the better setup. Duskinoir can be trouble at times, but if you can work around it this game shouldn't be a problem.

I need help from other gym members to give me their match-up results with these decks and other decks. Thanks to all for your help.

Last edited:
honestly
gengar is amazing

but a straight gengar deck will not work
especially because everybody will be teching in unown G
which doesnt RUIN gengar... but WILL ruin a straght gengar deck

you need to put some late gamer in

a lot of people seem to be doing gengar/dusknoir

Thats the problem. I don't wanna run duskinoir. I want to run something that doesn't take up much room but is Psychic and is a decent attacker.

And duskinoir wouldn't work anyway because I won't be using night spin oftenly and i won't be able to use damage even on something good if my opponent is playing unown G.

Gallade wouldn't help. It just isn't good anymore.
And after playtesting Bronzong a lot, I don't need more than one.

I went to a tournament last night, and this deck went 2-1.
I beat Gengar/Duskinoir and a Magchu deck. I lost to Kingdra due to a horrible start.

I like a 2-2 uxie line =P But that is tricky there is really nothing that great that goes with gengar.. Like dusknoir goes with bronzong, gengar goes with.. some say dusknoir but its inconsistent..

Finally! Someone understands what I am saying.
Duskinoir makes Gengar inconsistent and challenging to use.
Gengar is like Kingdra. It doesn't need something to go with.
And 2-2 Uxie is a little bit of a waste, because you can't use more than 1 trade off per turn.

Finally! Someone understands what I am saying.
Duskinoir makes Gengar inconsistent and challenging to use.
Gengar is like Kingdra. It doesn't need something to go with.
And 2-2 Uxie is a little bit of a waste, because you can't use more than 1 trade off per turn.

actually kingdra needed something with it to win my list ran palkia in it cause just str8 kingdra didnt work all too well and my record with the palkia list was like 8-1 or something. but i think u need something with gengar to make it work or kingdra; scizor/cherim and spreads will beat ti cause i know with my gengar i couldnt beat spread at all..

FJ, just askin a question but why are you using only 3 pokedrawer and only 1 pokeball and 1 super scoop up and 1 great ball? Seriously the list is too inconsistant.

Take out the great ball for another pokedrawer, the pokeball for another bebe's search, take out the marley's search for another TGW, and take out cynthia's or somethin else for another roseanne's.

And seriously I know you are lying about going 6-2 against kingdra because I know I beat you, Sam beat you, and Alex beat you with kingdra. As well as that the only person I have seens you beat who was playing kingdra was M2 and he was playing call energy.

FJ, just askin a question but why are you using only 3 pokedrawer and only 1 pokeball and 1 super scoop up and 1 great ball? Seriously the list is too inconsistant.

Take out the great ball for another pokedrawer, the pokeball for another bebe's search, take out the marley's search for another TGW, and take out cynthia's or somethin else for another roseanne's.

And seriously I know you are lying about going 6-2 against kingdra because I know I beat you, Sam beat you, and Alex beat you with kingdra. As well as that the only person I have seens you beat who was playing kingdra was M2 and he was playing call energy.

That was before saturday.
I've gone 1-1 against both sam and alex with it. I'm gonna update it today, patience.
I have updated the list. The most obvious change is that I have taken out Claydol, and have replaced it. I also took out SSU and added in one more Uxie.

looks good but up the claydol to 2-2 other than that looks good

If i'm playing Uxie I don't need more than 1-1 Claydol. I am not even playing Claydol anymore.

Last edited:
honestly
gengar is amazing

but a straight gengar deck will not work
especially because everybody will be teching in unown G
which doesnt RUIN gengar... but WILL ruin a straght gengar deck

you need to put some late gamer in

a lot of people seem to be doing gengar/dusknoir

Sorry I got here late, far too busy earning a 10-0 record with a straight Gengar build. The key is not to worry about KOing the claydol and instead putting it back into their deck with a 1-0-1 dusknoir line. Their should also be a Lumineon line because fin luster works in three ways- looking at their hand to count trainers, making a four benched pokemon, and getting an easy ko or disrupting their stategy. The problem I see in my area is that people think the new dusknoirs are better than gengar, when they get easily shut down when dusknoir x doesn't get activated when it gets damage counters put on it. So if you want to play a straight gengar just drop me a line and I'll give you my list.

Sorry I got here late, far too busy earning a 10-0 record with a straight Gengar build. The key is not to worry about KOing the claydol and instead putting it back into their deck with a 1-0-1 dusknoir line. Their should also be a Lumineon line because fin luster works in three ways- looking at their hand to count trainers, making a four benched pokemon, and getting an easy ko or disrupting their stategy. The problem I see in my area is that people think the new dusknoirs are better than gengar, when they get easily shut down when dusknoir x doesn't get activated when it gets damage counters put on it. So if you want to play a straight gengar just drop me a line and I'll give you my list.

I have seen other lists on playing Lumineon, and I would love to play it. I like Riq's deck and I think his is the most similar to the one I would like to play, but I would enjoy it if you gave me your list to. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back