Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shazam!!! I mean... Alakazam!!! E-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg_27107

This is the deck I use for my local league play/casual play with the local kids. It is a fun idea but I question the validity of the idea for anything more.

PKMN: 20
3x Alakazam (2 EXP, 1 SKY)
2x Kadabara
3x Abra
2x Magneton (#17 Dragon)
2x Magnemite (Random Spark)
4x Dunsparce (SS – SAR)
2x Skitty (Minor Errand Running)
2x Delcatty (Energy Draw)

TRNRS: 21
4x TV Reporter
3x Professor Elm’s Training Method
3x Energy Search
3x Rare Candy
2x Professor Oak’s Research
2x Copycat
2x Switch
1x Warp Point
1x Town Volunteers

NRG: 19
10x Psychic
3x Double Rainbow
3x Rainbow/Multi* ?
3x Lightning

The idea is just peck at the opposing pokemon and once their hitter comes out, make Expedition Alakazam active with a DRE or a couple regular Rainbows and psymimic away. Skyridge Alakazam is used to tailor the energies attached to Expedition Alakazam to Syncroblast, if necessary. It’s fun, far from unbeatable, and actually quite speedy. I think its perfect for playing against the less experienced or less competitive players. Just complicated enough to either make them want to play more or put the fear of spanking in them.

*Right now, I’m using Rainbow but I don’t enjoy the self-damage part. Would Multi be better?

Last edited:
I would suggest finding a way to put in an Oracle or 2. It would really help out the deck in searching for the cards that you really need.

Wouldn't Bounce Energy be a wise thing to include in a deck with EXP Alakazam? Cos Syncroblast counts energy CARDS. Then you would be able to take advantage of situations where your opponent has only two energy cards behind his pokemon (much like a Blaziken ex would have after going Volcanic Ash).

dont use multi use rainbow cause multi doesnt count as all after you attatch a double rainbow also add another double rainbow run 4 double 4 rainbow also dont use tv reporter use bills mantinence trust me you dont want to discard

GokutheUltimate said:
dont use tv reporter use bills mantinence trust me you dont want to discard

Why? If I drop energies they come right back thanks to Magneton. I'd rather use TV Reporter seeing as I generally keep a decent sized hand and it's easier to get cards from the discard pile than it is from the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back