Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiftry/Espeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaselsrevenge

I have heard about ppl playing this deck to counter Gardy EX, but I haven't seen anybody post one. So here goes.

POKEMON:24
Seedot x4
Nuzleaf x4
Shiftry x4
Eevee x4
Espeon x4
Kecleon x2
Wobbuffet x2

TRAINERS:16
Prof. Birch x3
Switch x3
Oak's Research x2
Oran Berry x4
Potion x2
Rare Candy x2

ENERGY:20
Grass x8
Psychic x12

I put the Kecleon in there for the potential 4x damage

Uh, we don't rate decks here. Anyway, I don't see how Shiftry (holo, right?) and Espeon can work together. Shiftry lowers their Energy, and Espeon's more powerful when they have more Energy.

I would take out
2 Rare Candy
1 Eevee
1 Espeon
3 Psychic
2 Oran Berry
and Add
1 Fisherman
2 Boost
2 Oak's Research
2 Lanette
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method

I also think Copycat is still better than Birch in most decks and I don't think Kecleon is worth it execept just against Gard ex. Maybe keep the 2 Oran Berry and take out Kecleon. I think it has potential in Eon.

dkates said:
Uh, we don't rate decks here. Anyway, I don't see how Shiftry (holo, right?) and Espeon can work together. Shiftry lowers their Energy, and Espeon's more powerful when they have more Energy.

Shiftry only works on their active only, so espeon will still be good. Shiftry can OHKO a gardevoir ex if it has no energy on it... with multiple shiftry very possible... Espeon same way if they have a lot of energy... I think it'll work actually. It seems a little counter productive but when you think about it Espeon punishes it for being too fast... Shiftry slows it down after Espeon takes a few hits.

Pidgeotto Trainer said:
I would take out
2 Rare Candy
1 Eevee
1 Espeon
3 Psychic
2 Oran Berry
and Add
1 Fisherman
2 Boost
2 Oak's Research
2 Lanette
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method

I also think Copycat is still better than Birch in most decks and I don't think Kecleon is worth it execept just against Gard ex. Maybe keep the 2 Oran Berry and take out Kecleon. I think it has potential in Eon.

That's why Kecleon is in there, to counter Gardy EX. I want to make room for my 1 copycat and 1 Seer, but I'm not sure what to take out.

I liked the deck. Looks good, I like how the deck will work both ways. But you do need boost in there. It works great with espeon and works almost as great with shiftry.

Prime said:
I liked the deck. Looks good, I like how the deck will work both ways. But you do need boost in there. It works great with espeon and works almost as great with shiftry.

Thanks, I need to get some boost energy. Not something pp; really want to trade though

Looks good to me, but I'd take out Kecleon for Wynaut. Check out my new deck in my signiture. I "won the tournament" last week with it. ROTFL
-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back