Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiftry ex, a lost combination?

im_me

Well one of my favorite cards in this year's format is Shiftry ex from EX Crystal Guardians. I am still wondering why no one has come up with an effective list, so lets here your thoughts on him.

This year in my area we went from 0 shiftry ex decks to 2 very good shiftry ex decks. One of them one cities and the other one always made the top 4 and I don't know anything else about the other shiftry deck.

we had 1, he made top 4 cut, lost to a draggy ex deck. he did well, and his deck SCARED ME. he gave me a black eye on my record :p giving me my only loss in a city's that i won! lol.

the deck can be good, but it seems to be more luck than anything... either you get the cards you need, or there is no way of recovering, maybe a queen+shift deck.. maybe.

i think shiftry only wins because its unexpected and people aren't prepared for it. its not something you'll see around that often.

Shiftry took our Senior division in Memphis..

It was perfectly metagamed for a metanite heavy division..the player went 7-0

Day 2 in Millington, it went down twice...including a game to Delta, which had been chosen as a great foil to Shiftry.

Shiftry took our Senior division in Memphis..

It was perfectly metagamed for a metanite heavy division..the player went 7-0

Day 2 in Millington, it went down twice...including a game to Delta, which had been chosen as a great foil to Shiftry.

pfft MetaNite beats shiftry

If you play many Shiftries out at once, people simply won't use their powers. Nobody's dumb enough to use Smooth Over with eight Trees out unless they REALLY have to (or if they wanna sac the Cargo to use a Scramble). So basically, don't play too many Trees if you want to put damage everywhere.

If you play many Shiftries out at once, people simply won't use their powers. Nobody's dumb enough to use Smooth Over with eight Trees out unless they REALLY have to (or if they wanna sac the Cargo to use a Scramble). So basically, don't play too many Trees if you want to put damage everywhere.

So when they don't use their powers they slow down their game. Magcargo's Smooth Over? That's not even used as much as last year. But Metanite is huge this year.

pfft MetaNite beats shiftry

Lol....that`s BS!!
Every time i play my shiftry ex deck against metanite i own it. Metanite is based on using powers, and if u have 2 or 3 shiftry up they get a lot of damage when they use power.
Metanite is a good deck, but against shiftry its allmost auto loss.

Lol....that`s BS!!
Every time i play my shiftry ex deck against metanite i own it. Metanite is based on using powers, and if u have 2 or 3 shiftry up they get a lot of damage when they use power.
Metanite is a good deck, but against shiftry its allmost auto loss.

The lists that you faced were 'BS'

MetaNite, regardless of list, should have a hard time with Shiftry ex (if it's a decently built shiftry deck -- god knows it's not as cut and dry as regular delta decks are now-a-days). Shiftry should be sniping things early, which will force the MetaNite player to go on the offensive pretty fast. Because Metagross has to discard 6 energy to OHKO Shiftry ex, it won't happen much. They will try to Latios* the Shiftrys, but Shiftry w/ a dark or w/ a Xatu d on the field OHKO's Latios*. Latios ex d is useless in the matchup since Shiftry ex can snipe the bench so well. Even with cards like Dragonite ex d, it will be hard to power quickly, and at best it's doing 80 a shot to Shiftry. Most MetaNites don't even run Dragonite ex d anyways.

Shiftry is like Flygon though, there are so many ways to play it, so you never know when your going to run into a great counter for your deck or a horribly built Shiftry. For MetaNite player's sakes, hope for the worst.

Shiftrr isn't only goos because of it's deadly body. Both of it's attacks, are GREAT too.
Hello? Did you know that it's dark? I'd combine it with:

Mawile CG start.
Queen to swarm, Tree.
Then Briney it.
Cursed Stone.
And to make it even better, use Xatu d'.

I'd also put in Char* to gat discarded Darks, and then briney.

What do ya think?

Back