Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiftry Question

Matias

OK, since there is a Shiftry EX comming out on the next set, i have a question around them.
If i have a shiftry ex in play and evolve my seedot/nuzleaf into shiftry lm, can i use evolutionary fan on my shiftry ex?

Text: PokePower- Evolutionary Fan > Once during your turn, when you play shiftry from your hand to evolve one of your pokemon, you may choose 1 of your evolved pokemon in play (excluding any shiftry), Return that pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Ok, in my opinion, if we apply the common rule of saying that Shiftry EX and Shiftry (LM) have a different name, Evo fan would be a legal power on shiftry ex, am I right?:redface:

wooper trainer said:
yep you can if you cAN HAVE 4 shiftry in your deck and 4 shiftry ex i know you can do that

Sorry but that wasnt the question, you just read the last sentence.

""Lord9511 Technically, u can, but why? :)""

Simply because shiftry from legend maker has a unique pokepower with weird text, thats all.:rolleyes:

Shiftry ex is not a shiftry it is a shiftry ex therefore you could use evolutionary fan to bring shiftry ex back to your hand.

it doesn't say excluding pokemon with shiftry in it's name so if there were to be a dark shiftry then you could pick that up.

right it might be a shiftry ex but it is still a shiftry so i would say no myself on the fact that they said ANY shifty making so they wouldn't have to say or shiftry ex

A card is identified only by its name. The fact that the name seems to indicate, "This is some sort of shiftry," doesn't matter. If its name isn't "shiftry," then it's not "a shiftry."

If not, then we could say kadabra is a kinda of abra. A kad-abra. Not that either of those have been made into cards into an obscenely long time, but that's not the point.

DarkMagnus said:
right it might be a shiftry ex but it is still a shiftry so i would say no myself on the fact that they said ANY shifty making so they wouldn't have to say or shiftry ex

yeah, thats the main thing, the word ANY. However, When you for example read some pokebodies or powers like lati@s', lati@s and lati@s EX are named so IDK:confused:

yeah but at the time there was a Lati@s ex printed before they printed the new cards. and this set is like 3 from the Lm one they where probly just covering there backsides for future releases

Any Shiftry means Shiftry and Shiftry delta, that's all for now..and a brainy for an ex pokemon isn't a bad power, so I see why you'd want to do that.

wooper trainer said:
yep you can if you cAN HAVE 4 shiftry in your deck and 4 shiftry ex i know you can do that

He meant since you can Have four of Each because they have a Different name then Shiftry is not the Same as Shiftry Ex. So I would say yes you could use his power.

ok i know that Lm is outnow but think like R&D for anygame ie 2 years ahead of time when they where making this set GC was no where near a thought yet just cuz we see stuff now you have to think that that shiftry didn't exsist yet ( when R&D made LM)thats all. now i know that i would love to be able to bounce shiftry or any other evolved ex witha def i just don't think the any shiftry is gunna excluded Shiftry ex thats all. any one ask pop or BDS yet?

This is a very simple issue. Shiftry ex isn't a shiftry; it's a shiftry ex. The term "any shiftry" doesn't apply to it.

ZAKtheGeek said:
This is a very simple issue. Shiftry ex isn't a shiftry; it's a shiftry ex. The term "any shiftry" doesn't apply to it.

Yeah they are two completely different cards. Unlike if you had a Delta shiftry and tried to bounce it up, you can't because thats still a Shiftry. But Shiftry Ex is Shiftry Ex not Shiftry.

Back