Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiftry/Suicune deck (Mod.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baboon

Went and made a new Modified deck last night... Here goes...

"S3"

Pokemon: 15
4 Seedot (#76)
2 Nuzleaf (#48)
4 Shiftry (3 Non-Holo, 1 Holo)

3 Suicune (E2)
2 Scyther ex

Energy: 17
10 Grass
5 Water
2 Boost

Trainers: 28
3 Juggler
3 Copycat
3 Oak's Research
3 Master Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Warp Point
3 Energy Switch
3 Multi Technical Machine 01
2 Town Volunteers
2 Claw Fossil

Explanations for certain cards-
~Suicune- As many decks do, when they are completely weak to one type, they'll run their Weakness' Weakness. ;) My deck is Fire-weak, so I'm running the Suicunes to counter that. They only require 1 Water Energy (and (**)) to do their job. To get that Water onto Suicune, I'll either use an Energy Switch or just deal with the Poke-Body.
~Scyther ex- Just in there to attack with little Energy, as both Shiftry and Suicune will use 3.
~Rare Candy- Now, I am planning on 3 Rare Candy and 2 Nuzleaf, but I can't decide whether to keep it like this, make it 2-2, or 3-1. If I change anything, I'll have 1 free card to throw around.
~Multi Technical Machine 01- Wow, a card that like nobody uses. This is here to help combat the fact that I need 3 Energy on each of my different Pokemon to deal a lot of damage. These will stall for 1 turn apiece, assuming the opponent doesn't heal. Guaranteed Paralysis for (*) should help me get time for attaching more Energy.
~Claw Fossil- Just in there because I would only have 9 Basics otherwise. These may also buy a little time for attaching Energy or finding my Shiftrys.

I have no real clue whether this deck will work well or not, but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work very well, I'll just go back to my E1 Kazam deck. ;)

Last edited:
Hey Baboon,

I would think that your
4 Seedot (#76) , 2 Nuzleaf (#48), 4 Shiftry (3 Non-Holo, 1 Holo)
would work better if you added 2 more Nuzleafs.

4-2-4, from basic to Stage 2 doesn't sound like a good match.

If nothing else I'd change that to 4 Seedots, 3 Nuzleafs and 3 Shiftrys.

- Tony

or just leave Suicune in. Yeah, that's a better idea.

Although I'd advise swapping scyther ex for something else, like Kecleon, or Wobuffet, and adding 2 Multi energy somewhere if you add Wobbuffet.

Yeah, add some Rainbow to this so you can get around the pokebody a LOT easier. Energy switch is nice and all, but Rainbow is just easier to play. Its only 10 damage, and its not like Suicune is expected to get off more than 1 or 2 hits anyway.

I like how you're running more non holo than Holo in this, cool idea.

I don't like A LOT of your trainer lineup, but I'm too tired to fix it now lol.

Good luck with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back