Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shifty Shiftry: the Confused Tails-Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug Boy

This deck is built to lower pokemon IQ. Nobody likes a Poke-it-all!...:confused:...know-it-all..:redface:...poke-ball....:frown:....okay, bad joke.:nonono: Here's the list.

Shiftry x 4 (RR)
Nuzleaf x 2 (RR)
Seedot x 4 (RR)
Banette x 2 (PL)
Shuppet x 2 (PL)
Absol x 2 (SW)
Diglett x 1 (PL)
Dugtrio x 1 (PL)
Baltoy x 2 (GE)
Claydol x 2 (GE)
Pokemon: 20

Bebe's Search x 4
Roseanne's Research x 4
Looker's Investigation x 4
Night Maintenance x 1
Moonlight Stadium x 2
Warp Point x 1
Rare Candy x 4
Volkner's Philosophy x 2
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums/Etc.: 22

4 x Special Dark
3 x Upper Energy
1 x Rainbow Energy
2 x Psychic
6 x Basic Dark
Energy: 16

The point of this deck is to confuse them with Shiftry, so they can't attack, due to "unlucky wind", which makes your opponent's flips "tails". Then, while they remain confused, you can use Shiftry's other attack to keep them from using powers or bodies.

Banette is here for the power, doing 10 damage to yourself to discard a card from your hand. That may seem stupid, but factor in cosmic power, uxie, and the fact that banette can switch damage with the defending pokemon, that's pretty good. It also means that if your opponent has a small hand, then you can discard until you're both even, then bonding beam with shiftry to confuse them.

Dugtrio is here to discourage your opponent from retreating. If they want to attack, then they'll have to take 20 damage. It also is a good wall if you face an electric deck, due to resistance, and you can attack with it if you're desperate.

Absol is here because of the sheer number of trainers/supporters used today. This can really thin out hands, and controls hand size so I can confuse my opponent with shiftry. Thx to Rai for the suggestion. They other key use of this card is to eliminate the numerous warp points and switches that play havoc with this deck. Lookers and this together really help to manipulate your opponent's hand.

All comments welcome. Thx. - bug boy

Last edited:
I love this deck idea, thought of it myself a while back, but you have to re-read shiftry's body. It's only works on their turn. Flipping for sleep happens between turns, meaning his body doesn't effect it. However it does affect confusion, so I would suggest aiming more towards that ability.

When I saw Shiftry I thought the same thing at first, but don't think it will work after reading it through as Shiftry's Unlucky Wind just affects flips "during" your opponent's turn, not "between" turns. If it did, basically every other turn would be a KO, right?, as you'd just Endless Darkness your opponent and then use Unlucky Wind to force two tails to knock them out.

Haha...Kamaki, you're quicker than I am this morning...I need some coffee! Or maybe that Darkrai is making me drowsee!

Last edited:
Thanks, if I had gone to a BR not knowing that, well.......let's just say my opponents would have fun.

Rats......Ok then...

Let me change the deck...

Underground expedition isn't really worth it, especially considering you play Banette. Volkner's in their place is a better trick (and you'll probably only see what you threw down at the bottom with Claydol which seems... counter productive)

Not sure why Cyrus and SP radar are still in the list after removal of Darkrai G.

Considering Banette attacks for one energy, I'm not quite sure why there's no Broken Time Space. You certainly don't need 4, but perhaps 2 is enough to be useful. *shrugs*

18 energy's too many. I doubt you need more then 16 to be honest. On a random note, the use of Absol SW might be intriguing for turn 1. Maybe. There are so many trainers/supporters that people will want in hand that you can deal a lot of "damage" with it, and will make it easier to avoid huge hands. ...Though a Team Galactic's Wager or Looker's Investigation are both very easy to abuse too.

teh crysis-yes, because of shiftry's body, the opponent always flips tails (during their turn). Once they're confused, they won't try to attack, because the result will always be tails.

rai- thanks a lot for the input. I guess iI was careles, and I forgot about the trainer line. Oops. The BTS addition is a good idea, but I'll pass. Absol is a good idea, too, I'll add that in. Thx for the input again.

-bug boy

Last edited:
Try a 1-1 Palkia Lv.X (GE) to switch your opponent's Pokemon and lock the one you want. Try finishing some space for a Weavile SW to turn your Pokemon to dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back