Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shining Mewtwo 1st ed

CaterpiesAreOP

I got a shining mewtwo through a trade and it's 1st edition. The card is pretty mint, a couple very light scratches on the front but they aren't noticable unless held up to light. The back has no scuffs, and there is very miniscule amounts of edgewear. I'm assuming it's from the pack and being pulled out of a sleeve. Also it seems the holofoil is a bit off, shifted upwards maybe half a millimeter. What value does it hold? Should I get it graded? Thanks.

The foil treatment on shining cards varies from card to card so being slightly shifted is usual. That being said, mint copies tend to sell around $35-$50 I would only try to get it graded if you are familiar with the PSA grading standards and are sure it will get a 9 or 10.

I'm not familiar with PSA grading standards. I'll be sure to do some homework. I wanted to get it graded to see if I could add some value to it. Thanks for the reply!

From what it sounds like, it definitely isn't a 10...
From the centering and whatnot...
Though someone else who uses a mewtwo icon (coughsmprattecough) can help you better than myself. :wink:

From what it sounds like, it definitely isn't a 10...
From the centering and whatnot...
Though someone else who uses a mewtwo icon (coughsmprattecough) can help you better than myself. :wink:
I'm not expecting a 10, gem mint sounds like a just about perfect card. I've read and heard of people not getting 10's because centering is off on cards. I'll upload some scans against a dark paper when I get the time. I would be happy with an 8 or a 9 at most.

A PSA 10 or Beckett 9.5 do not allow visible scratches or edge-wear.

But it still might be worth grading, even in 8-Near Mint condition they fetch a premium.

Back