Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shock Strike (Dark Amphy/T-Tar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRJessie579

Name to hopefully be improved. XD I've seen a few others with this deck, and got a fix for mine a couple weeks ago...now I've finally had the chance to use it at League, and it works very well, though I STILL can't get both stages out as fast as I'd like to, even with all the search cards I have. Here it is:

Pokemon: 20
4 Dunsparce
3 Larvitar
2 Dark Pupitar (Explosive Evolution)
3 Dark Tyranitar (Sand Damage)
3 Mareep
2 Dark Flaffy
3 Dark Ampharos

Trainers: 22
4 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
4 Rocket’s Pokeball
4 Celio’s Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven’s Advice
2 Copycat
2 Rocket's Tricky Gym

Energy: 18
4 Darkness Energy
7 Fighting Energy
7 Lightning Energy

Anyone else playing this deck have their decklist, or suggestions? With 8 Trainers to search for Pokemon, plus the Rare Candy, I'd think I'd have both Amphy and T-Tar up faster, but I never seem to get good hands. Maybe more Copycat? And thank god hardly anyone in my League uses Dark Pokes...I might get rid of the Tricky Gym for a tournament, since Dark's been played in our CCs frequently, but for now it works great for picking off the bench, combined with Sand Damage.

Adding one Spinning Tail Tyranitar would be pretty good, since you might be able to collect a few prizes when you do 20 damage to everyone, after they have been ATM Rock'ed as well as Darkest Impulse'd. Be sure to add a Suprise! Time Machine if yo do that.

Maybe take out a Steven's for a Copycat to solve the drawing problem, or add some TV Reporters to get rid of the 'Sparces?

Besides that, nice deck . :thumb:

PK_Falco said:
Adding one Spinning Tail Tyranitar would be pretty good, since you might be able to collect a few prizes when you do 20 damage to everyone, after they have been ATM Rock'ed as well as Darkest Impulse'd. Be sure to add a Suprise! Time Machine if yo do that.

Maybe take out a Steven's for a Copycat to solve the drawing problem, or add some TV Reporters to get rid of the 'Sparces?

Besides that, nice deck . :thumb:

i played this deck at a CC for fun.

i came in 3rd

at the time i only had a 1-1-1 pigeot line in it, and if i had ran it the way i run it now, i beleive that i would have taken the torney

the bird is SO good in this deck, if you get the bird set up you have a 90% chance of winning

i now have a 2-1-2 line of pidgeot in there and it is WAY more consistant

it gets you an extra evo every turn, or that extra nrg or that critical atm rock at the right time

i have to go now, but if you would like me to make you a deck list id be more then happy to latter

peice

I originally had it with Pidgeot in it, but a bunch of people suggested I drop the line. How do you play the deck with so many Pokes in it? XD If you wouldn't mind sharing your deck, I'd appreciate it, I'd like some more ideas on how to tweak this.

TRJessie579 said:
I originally had it with Pidgeot in it, but a bunch of people suggested I drop the line. How do you play the deck with so many Pokes in it? XD If you wouldn't mind sharing your deck, I'd appreciate it, I'd like some more ideas on how to tweak this.

sure ill share i dont mind
i only built the deck for fun to play any way

and its REALLY hard to fit them all in, and this deck has been SEVERLY tweeked down to single card removal discions over many weeks

but here goes

pokemon-20
3 dunsparce
2 marrep
1 dark flaffy
2 dark ampheros
3 lavitar
2 dark pupitar (i use the 80hp rock tumble one)
2 sand damage tyranitar
1 spin tail tyranitar
2 pidgy
1 pidgeotto
2 pidgeot

trainers-26
3 oaks research
3 stevens
2 copycat
2 celios
3 dark ball
4 rare candy
4 atm rock
2 switch
2 desert ruins
1 suprise time macheine

energy-14
6 fighting
4 electric
4 dark

you need to focus on getting the bird out early, once he is out it sets up fast
-the 4 rare candy insure that.
-i added celios after some suggestions cause he can find the bird after a SARS attack and if i have a rare candy in my hand

the energy might look low but it works

the basic stratigy (that i employ) is to get a ampy and a sand t-tar up buy at least turn 3, but you MUST rock them on turn 2 if you dont go first!!!! this will keep them at the stage 1 level and let you get your stage 2s first.

after that let your sand t-tar sit up with only one nrg on it and keep searching with the bird for some rocks and keep rocking them, and they will take 30 damage by the next time you rock them

all the while building either a dark amphy or another t-tar (prferable spining tail) on the bench to clean house.

some little tips

a 2 dark nrg rock tumble pupitar can hand out 80! to something fighting week, enough to take down there flaffys or other fighting week stuff for only 2 nrg! thats why i like that one

spining tail hands cans out after a couple atm rocks/sand damage/dark ampy combos

that is the best deck list i could come up with

your welcome to try it, however please as you go along tweek it to your own personal tastes and PLEASE after a few games with it PM me and/or post here and let me know how it did

good luck :clap:

Last edited:
TRJessie579 said:

Lol, you need to stop taking advice from those people. :thumb:

Use 2-1-2 Pidgeot line. I don't think I really need to elaborate on why. ;p

I appreciate everyone's help! :D I'll try to tweak it to how I want it before League this weekend (mainly the trainer spread, I like the Pokes how they are in GT's), and post the new deck and how it did. As it was, I won 3/4 games at last League with the original deck. The last game was all fighting Pokes, and they CREAMED me. :p

I thought Pidgeot would be essential, but I just couldn't figure out how to FIT it! XD And I will at least put that other T-Tar in there, too many people have said it not to try it, lol.

EDIT: GodTrainer, I was changing my deck for League tomorrow, and I noticed that you had 21 Pokemon in yours, not 20. This means, unless you made a mistake on the list, you have 61 cards in your deck. :p Just thought you ought to know.

Last edited:
All right, here's the new deck:

Pokemon: 21
3 Dunsparce
3 Larvitar (Dig Drain)
2 Dark Pupitar (Rock Tumble)
2 Dark Tyranitar (Sand Damage)
1 Dark Tyranitar (Spinning Tail)
2 Mareep
1 Dark Flaffy
2 Dark Ampharos
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: 24
4 Rare Candy
3 Celio’s Network
3 Rocket’s Poke Ball
3 Professor Oak’s Research
2 Steven’s Advice
2 Warp Point
2 Rocket’s Tricky Gym
1 Surprise Time Machine

Energy: 15
4 Darkness Energy
5 Lightning Energy
6 Fighting Energy

I wanted to add another Dark Flaffy, but when I realized there were 21 Pokemon in there instead of 20, I just didn't want to add any more. :tongue: It kept getting stuck in my prizes, though I guess that's what the Rare Candy's for. All in all, the deck worked very well--I played a ton of games, and only lost one or two. I liked Warp Point better than switch, because most of the opponent's benched will probably be damaged, so it's better to switch them, too.

I know the deck is a lot like yours, GT--I promise I'll change it more as I go to what works in my playing environment...one of the main things is, I really do like Rocket's Tricky Gym, as not many people play Dark here. That way, Sand Damage T-Tar can actually DO something with one energy on it besides using ATMR.

Thanks again, everyone, for your help! I'm hoping to take this to States, and see how it does.

+1celios
-1 rocket's ball
because you want to get pidgeot set up 1st

-2 Oaks
+2stevens
no copycats?
no R energy?
no double energy?

Last edited:
I don't get why people don't run DRE in this =/ you can attach a DRE and attack for 70 when amphy only has 1 energy...and you use ATM rock a lot in this deck anyways, so DRE doesnt reduce that damage...IDGI =/

TRJessie579 said:
All right, here's the new deck:

Pokemon: 21
3 Dunsparce
3 Larvitar (Dig Drain)
2 Dark Pupitar (Rock Tumble)
2 Dark Tyranitar (Sand Damage)
1 Dark Tyranitar (Spinning Tail)
2 Mareep
1 Dark Flaffy
2 Dark Ampharos
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: 24
4 Rare Candy
3 Celio’s Network
3 Rocket’s Poke Ball
3 Professor Oak’s Research
2 Steven’s Advice
2 Warp Point
2 Rocket’s Tricky Gym
1 Surprise Time Machine

Energy: 15
4 Darkness Energy
5 Lightning Energy
6 Fighting Energy

I wanted to add another Dark Flaffy, but when I realized there were 21 Pokemon in there instead of 20, I just didn't want to add any more. :tongue: It kept getting stuck in my prizes, though I guess that's what the Rare Candy's for. All in all, the deck worked very well--I played a ton of games, and only lost one or two. I liked Warp Point better than switch, because most of the opponent's benched will probably be damaged, so it's better to switch them, too.

I know the deck is a lot like yours, GT--I promise I'll change it more as I go to what works in my playing environment...one of the main things is, I really do like Rocket's Tricky Gym, as not many people play Dark here. That way, Sand Damage T-Tar can actually DO something with one energy on it besides using ATMR.

Thanks again, everyone, for your help! I'm hoping to take this to States, and see how it does.

cool, glad to hear its working out for you

yea that was a typo, i had too many trainers by 1

tricky gym is a cool idea, but to many people around my way play dark for me to get full use out of it
plus i got alot of blaz/ray and ampy/ampyEX and i almost got screwed in the CC because i did 90 damage to a Rocktes Mewtoo EX (thinking i could do 100) and yea, for 1 nrg i got juxtaposed it right back at me on their next turn. That was when i was like, ok from now on, its desert ruins (i could have birded for it)

i actually like the warp points better, dont know why i had switch on the list :cool:

yea between the 1 flaffy and the 1 pidgetto, more then likly 1 is going to be in the prizes, however that is what the rare candy is for :) and by the time they ATM rock you back to a basic, you should either have another rare candy in your hand or have drawn that stage 1 as a prize

keep tweeking it, its a fun deck to play :clap:

I did think about DRE, but with my Pokes that damage the bench, plus Rocket's Tricky Gym, it really wouldn't be worth it, since it reduces damaged to benched Pokes as well as actives.

I like POR better than Copycat, since you're guaranteed a new 5-card hand.

And I wanted to stick R energy in there, but I think I need the Fighting and Lightning more than I'd need more Dark, even with the extra damage.

Last edited:
Okay, I ran a varient of this at a CC a few days ago. Not only did I find that DRE were very much needed, but also that Pidgeot was needed. I just feel it's very hard to fit pidgeot into such a deck without having to weaken the deck in another place.

Prime said:
Okay, I ran a varient of this at a CC a few days ago. Not only did I find that DRE were very much needed, but also that Pidgeot was needed. I just feel it's very hard to fit pidgeot into such a deck without having to weaken the deck in another place.

prime check out my evo #'s they seem to work REALLY good with the # of rare candy/celios/darkball i have, and seems to come out pretty consistanly

i would put in rocket nrg before i put in DRE, it is a complete surpise and adds that little extra damage.....but idont know the dre stays arround, id have to test both...but i would not add more then 2 of either...dont know what to take out though, maybe an electric and a dark from my list would probly get it done for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back