Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Should Tourney points = Championship points

Status
Not open for further replies.

JandPDS

I was thinking as long as they are giving 3 points for a win and 1 point for a tie, wouldn't it be better if you got to keep the points you earned in the tourney as your championship points, and then give bonus championship points to the players who top cut.

The problem is Champ Points are awarded beyond top cut.

The other difference is, your system rewards playing a lot of matches across many tournaments, rather than finishing well at a few. Perhaps the math can work out that the bonuses are worth it enough to put you above the rest, but even without that, I believe the net effect is nearly the same....either everyone who doesn't cut gets points, or none of them do.

The problem is Champ Points are awarded beyond top cut.

The other difference is, your system rewards playing a lot of matches across many tournaments, rather than finishing well at a few. Perhaps the math can work out that the bonuses are worth it enough to put you above the rest, but even without that, I believe the net effect is nearly the same....either everyone who doesn't cut gets points, or none of them do.

Well you would have to win like 183 premiere matchers to make worlds in Masters so it not going to happen just that way, but for the players who are close to getting in it could make the difference.

My daughter for example make top 8 in Regionals last week, but there were too few players for the top 8 Championship point kicker. So the winners of the top cut recieved a minimum of 105 championship points while the loosers received 0. That seems kind of harsh. It would be nice if the loosers got to at lease keep the points that they earned for play. It is a very long day of pokemon to play best 2 out of 3 swiss and then to top cut and not get anything at all to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back