Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SICK N64 Controller! (with pics)

Mew*

I went to a local game store today where they sell everything from Atari to the latest games, and I looked at the N64 stuff and this one controller caught my eye. It was only $8 and the most awesome thing I'd ever seen, so I had to get it. It's a rare Japanese Nintendo licensed Horipad Mini 64. I haven't tried it yet, but I sure look forward to testing it out.

Front
Back
Top, with dual Z buttons!
Comparison in size As you see the control stick is similar to the GameCube's, just larger. Moves like a GameCube's too, it's not all nasty like a normal N64 controller.

I have more strange controllers, but this is the coolest yet. Do you guys have any cool stuff like this worth keeping an eye out for?

Nice

Wow, that's cool.

I like how the design is all laid out, the joy stick is where the D-pad should be. It's stupid to reach your thumb all the way to the middle in the old controllers. It's place much better now!

Oh yeah, and anything Japanese is FTW.

I vaguely remember seeing something like this a long long time ago, very cool find! Now I just wish my local game store would carry oddities like this, lol.

I had one of these and it broke in a week, and I got another, and it still works to this day.

AWESOME for Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing and such.

Wow, that's cool.

I like how the design is all laid out, the joy stick is where the D-pad should be. It's stupid to reach your thumb all the way to the middle in the old controllers. It's place much better now!

Oh yeah, and anything Japanese is FTW.

Reach your thumb to the middle? have you ever played with an N64 controller? lol. That middle prong isn't just there for show..

I loved my N64 and some time ago got Roque Squadron at a flea market (is this really the right englisch term :lol: ? ), just to find out my N64 controlelrs were so overused you couldnt use them anymore, if you dont do anything the ship flies straight to the right :/

A few weeks ago my mom (who has a shop for used children stuff) came home with a brand new n64 pikachu edition with controller and everything which looks like it was never used. I was like wth, took it to my room, and now I cant find the stupid roque squadron anymore t_t
Hope it gets released for wii :/

And by the way, why does everyone rant about the controller ? It wasnt that bad was it ? I didnt have anything to compare cause it was my first console, but I never had problems with it.
Only problem was Mario Party, there was some game involving rowing and we always pressed out hands flat on the joystick and circled the entire hand around. It was faster that way, still we did this until we all had like holes in the skin in the middle of the hand, which were red and hurting xD

Hori makes some great controllers! I have a Gamecube controller that was designed for the Game Boy Player, and so it's a Super Nintendo controller case with Gamecube buttons. It was pretty tough to find, as I'm sure this N64 variant is. Hori controllers are hard to get outside of Japan. Good find!

I loved my N64 and some time ago got Roque Squadron at a flea market (is this really the right englisch term :lol: ? ), just to find out my N64 controlelrs were so overused you couldnt use them anymore, if you dont do anything the ship flies straight to the right :/

A few weeks ago my mom (who has a shop for used children stuff) came home with a brand new n64 pikachu edition with controller and everything which looks like it was never used. I was like wth, took it to my room, and now I cant find the stupid roque squadron anymore t_t
Hope it gets released for wii :/

And by the way, why does everyone rant about the controller ? It wasnt that bad was it ? I didnt have anything to compare cause it was my first console, but I never had problems with it.
Only problem was Mario Party, there was some game involving rowing and we always pressed out hands flat on the joystick and circled the entire hand around. It was faster that way, still we did this until we all had like holes in the skin in the middle of the hand, which were red and hurting xD

Haha, yes, it is. :tongue:

I tried it out today, and it is great. It made Super Smash Bros and other stuff a lot more fun. Unfortunately I don't have Goldeneye in my collection yet. ApachePrime, I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those controllers too.

Reach your thumb to the middle? have you ever played with an N64 controller? lol. That middle prong isn't just there for show..
Actually yes, I have.

I've been playing on a N64 since I was.... 2. I am still the Marios Kart Champion, by the way.

But I usually got stuck with the No-name-brand controller, which conveniently for my short, childish thumbs, DID NOT have a middle prong. My dad was a very stingy man, thanks for asking.

Back