Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Side Events at U.S. Nationals

espy87

For those of you who have never attended, and for those of you who are wondering, here is a list of what may be happening aside from the main event.

Unconfirmed List of Side Events:

1) Free League - Free league play throughout the entire event. Usually there are prizes to those who participate.

2) Free 8-Man Pods - Every time 8 players register, a mini tournament begins. Ongoing throughout the event. Prizes distributed.

3) Mutant Draft - No details yet but PokePop confirmed they are doing it. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it: Here is an example of last years draft.

4) Modified Tournament - Last year after the Master's top 64 were announced, there was a side tournament. It is probable that there will be one this year but it hasn't been confirmed.

5) Jungle Booster Draft - Details to come.

If anything else comes up, please post and I will add it to the list.

Last edited:
Dunno. But I'd expect to see at least the following during the weekend...

1) Free League. They've had this at every Nationals I've attended. I don't think they'll stop this year.

2) Free 8-man Pods. They've had these at every Nationals and the one Worlds I've attended. I doubt they do anything different this year.

My guess is that there should be a Modified tournament on Saturday to keep the kids occupied while the Masters are finishing up their Swiss rounds. But I've heard nothing.

I wish these things would be on the main site.

I don't know if I want to go to nationals yet. I like knowing that I will have stuff to do in case I do poorly in the main event.

Theres always stuff to do if you dont do well in the main event. Nationals is so much fun. Free League and 8 man pick up tournaments are always happening which can net you prizes. There are usually some other events too, like drafts and a big swiss tournament. Plus, Indy is a pretty cool town and theres lots of things you can get to just using the Skywalks. One thing I want to check out this year is this Percussion Museum.

As everyone has mentioned so far, Nationals is full of side events. Pokegym's Mutant Draft is a particularly famous tournament, and is one of the longest runners by far. Hopefully someone on TC can discuss if mutant draft will be run again/how it will be managed. Last year they did 16 person pods, which happened to work out pretty well.

There are also a ton of other unofficial sides going on, including a MD-CL tournament, and quite possibly a Jungle draft, as well.

As everyone has mentioned so far, Nationals is full of side events. Pokegym's Mutant Draft is a particularly famous tournament, and is one of the longest runners by far. Hopefully someone on TC can discuss if mutant draft will be run again/how it will be managed. Last year they did 16 person pods, which happened to work out pretty well.

There are also a ton of other unofficial sides going on, including a MD-CL tournament, and quite possibly a Jungle draft, as well.

We'll be doing the mutant draft again. last year's format of pods worked very well.
details to come, but we'll be doing it.

Edit: Since I already made the thread, I might as well maintain it.

---------- Post added 04/25/2012 at 01:04 AM ----------

Are the MD-CL tournament and Jungle draft for this year?
Do you know who is organizing it?
If you have any more information, let me know and I could post it above.

Last edited:
Back