Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Side Events

I heard there was gunna be 2 modifed tounaments and 2 unlimited tounaments on Saturday and just the FR LG prerelease on Sunday. I hope they change it cause they side events seem boring.

SD- pokemon: Worlds i thought that was obvious because it was in the Worlds forum, i will make sure i am more specific in the future.

These are the scheduled events. Mike L from POP stated in another topic that there will be other side events occuring, some unsanctioned. There will be plenty of open play in the hotel and quite a few after hour private parties... I feel almost sorry for anyone trying to sleep! :p

Friday
Last Chance Modified Grinder
4:00pm, $5
Minimum of eight players from each age group will win invites for Saturday

Worlds Registration Check-In
2:00pm-7:00pm

Saturday
Worlds Main Event
9:00am, Free

Modified
9:00am, $5

Unlimited
10:00am, $5

Modified
2:30pm, $5

Unlimited
3:30pm, $5

Pokemon Rocks America Event
Free

Pokemon League Play
10am-6pm, ????

All indoor activities open at 10:00am and no other events will begin after 6:00pm. Side Events in progress will run till 9:00pm.

Sunday
Worlds Top 16 Finals
8:00am, Free

Fire Red/Leaf Green Prerelease
9:00am, $20

Worlds Closing Ceremonies
6:30, Free

All indoor activities open at 9:00am. Side Events in progress will run till 4:00pm.

Of course this and other World Championships 2004 information will be posted on PokemonFlorida.com very shortly.
-Phil

GymLeaderPhil said:
These are the scheduled events. Mike L from POP stated in another topic that there will be other side events occuring, some unsanctioned. There will be plenty of open play in the hotel and quite a few after hour private parties... I feel almost sorry for anyone trying to sleep! :p

Friday
Last Chance Modified Grinder
4:00pm, $5
Minimum of eight players from each age group will win invites for Saturday

-Phil

"When is the Pokémon TCG Last Chance Qualifier?

The Last Chance Qualifier will begin on Friday, August 20th at 5:00 pm at the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, and will end after the appropriate number of Swiss rounds have been run."- Pokemon-tcg.com

Does anyone know if there will be like some sort of promo card for the grinder or anything? Or is it too early to tell?

Last edited:
Dark Sneasel, why are you interested in side events?

You're going to win your way in to the main event through the Grinder.

You heard it here FIRST!

Well if my two brothers win and i don't than i will be stuck with my mom or dad (most likely my mom) and i would want to know what the side events are so i could do some of them.

Man, I am so loving the fact that there's gonna be a FR/LG prerelease. Instead of just pwning a state, I'll be able to pwn the world! Yeah, I rock at prerelease. I was 10th in the world(all ages) at limited last time I checked.

I'm 2nd last time I checked
only behind Heather. . .

anyway, I want to enter in the FR/LG prerelease too
if we are playing in Worlds are we allowed to enter the side events?

Whicker said:
I'm 2nd last time I checked
only behind Heather. . .

anyway, I want to enter in the FR/LG prerelease too
if we are playing in Worlds are we allowed to enter the side events?

At the same time, no. It's either one or the other.

If you are not playing in the Worlds Finals on Sunday you may play in the FR/LG.
-Phil

uh how could u enter side events if you are to busy playing in the main event? If you don't make top 32 cut on sunday then you could play in the FR LG prerelease.

EDIT: one minute too late.

Last edited:
Is anyone actually good in unlimited over there or have your minds be fulled with blaz/swamp/gex and scep for to long? (I only stopped playing unlimited a month ago and i was in the top 5 then)

Gardyrocks! said:
Is anyone actually good in unlimited over there or have your minds be fulled with blaz/swamp/gex and scep for to long? (I only stopped playing unlimited a month ago and i was in the top 5 then)

I don't think it's a matter of IS anyone good at unlimited, it's a matter of Unlimited tourney's being held. Usually only time they are held is for side events of Major tourney's. With Worlds being based on Modified rankings, seems Unlimited got pushed aside. Personally I couldn't care for Unlimited.

Just as there's those few Popular decks in Modified, Unlimited has it's few popular decks(or those few Certain cards) usually winning them all as well.

mewsmom said:
I don't think it's a matter of IS anyone good at unlimited, it's a matter of Unlimited tourney's being held. Usually only time they are held is for side events of Major tourney's. With Worlds being based on Modified rankings, seems Unlimited got pushed aside. Personally I couldn't care for Unlimited.

Just as there's those few Popular decks in Modified, Unlimited has it's few popular decks(or those few Certain cards) usually winning them all as well.

Hey, don't doubt the brokenness of Magikarp/Dunsparce! -_-"""

Magikarp>Sneasel ANYDAY of the week =)

Back