Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sigilyph 2: Dimension Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dek

I never got around to posting the original Sigilyph deck from last format; sad for me.

BUT, with how the format is now, I thought it was appropriate to bring back this strategy, new cards and all.

4 Sigilyph LTR
4 Wobbuffet PHF
2-2 Beartic
1 Mr. Mime

4 Professor
4 N
4 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Lysandre
1 Elesa
1 Skyla

4 Dimension Valley
4 Head Ringer
2 Muscle Band
2 Silver Bangle
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Switch
2 Startling Megaphone
1 VS Seeker
1 Dowsing Machine/Computer Search (your choice)

8 Psychic
4 Mystery

The original Sigilyph deck, and this one to a degree, revolved around using Sigilyph to counter the big basic decks (Plasma, Genesect, Landorus/Mewtwo, etc. back then) and chipping away at their HP using Sig, then using techs to help with the cards that Sig had trouble fighting against (non-EXs).

A similar approach is being taken here, with Beartic in the deck against Donphan and Pyroar, arguably Sig's two worst matchups.

And then we have Wobbuffet.

The attack isn't great (initially). However, his ability is a pseudo Garbotoxin, disabling the Abilities of all Pokemon... except Psychic types. And with Dimension Valley out, his attack cost is cut in half, allowing him to deal 10 damage plus 10 more for each damage counter.

Since I'm looking at him more and more as a late game option, I might cut the total by one or two, and throw in a Dedenne in its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back