Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Single Booster vs Triple Booster

I go for double and every once in awhile a triple pack...
Double seem to have better stuff.....
While some 3 packs do too...

Single Packs contain one of 6 figures:
Pikachu
Mudkip
Torchic
Groudon
Kyogre
Absol

If you want one of those, get a single pack.

The visible figures in double and triple packs are:
Ho-oh
Lugia
Eevee
Salamence
Zangoose
??? (There is one more but I don't know what it is)

Unlike the TCG where you can't see what you are getting, you do get at least to see most of the figures in the booster packs for the TFG. So basically its all about shopping for what you still need. Which is no different than trying to collect all of the different die-cast characters cars from the Disney Pixar movie "Cars". In any case I recommend that your first three buys are the triple boosters making sure that each of the visiables are completly different. I believe that the Diamond and Pearl bonus figures only appear in this pack, and its only Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup (they host a promo stamp on them). So once you get each of these move on to single and double packs. However there may be exclusives in each size of pack so you have to play it by ear and keep talking here to find out what goes where. Also don't forget to buy both equally in Black and White ring figures until you have at least six for both. Last thing to note, that both starter sets should be bought first since they have the rules to play, the playmat, etc.

Back