Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Single Strike Urshifu VMAX, G-Max One Blow and Single Strike Energy

Otaku

Single Strike Urshifu VMAX's "G-Max One Blow" attack says "Discard all Energy from this Pokémon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon." Does this mean I discard all Energy before calculating damage for the attack, or do I discard the Energy after? With the attack's damage potentially being boosted by Single Strike Energy, I'd like to be certain of how it works.

Are there any Energy-derived damage bonuses you can think of which would work differently than with Single Strike Energy? I would assume however it works with Single Strike Energy, Strong Energy would prove similar. I'm not sure about something like Martial Arts Dojo while Single Strike Urshifu VMAX has a basic Fighting Energy attached... or at least, had a basic Fighting Energy attached when G-Max One Blow was declared.

Thank you!

You would add the bonus damage for the Single Strike Energy first. Even though you designate what energy is going to be discarded, it is not discarded until after damage is calculated.

This would apply to all Energy.

Back